Hey. I know that this site is all about learning to love yourself and your body. We sweat to the oldies, pop and lock to the beat, and shake it to songs from around the world to transform ourselves into a form we will love. Songs can make us dance, exercise, laugh, cry, love, hate, or connect. So I was wondering what songs people think best represent love-for ourselves, others, true love, self-expression or whatever their definition of love is.
My POV of love: it is companionship, loyalty, trusting another above all else that they will not hurt or abandon you. That they are a safe place to bare yourself, your soul, your heart, and not fear. In the space of romantic love, it also is a place that you can have passion, heat, and let yourself go without judgment, and met back with matching feelings.
So to me, these are my top ten songs that represent love (for right now):
1) ”Two Sparrows in a Hurricane” by Tanya Tucker
2) ”No Matter What” by Papa Roach
3) “I Wanna Be Loved Like That” by Shenandoah
4) “I’d Come For You” by Nickelback
5) “One Honest Heart” by Reba McEntire
6) "Back To Life" by My Excellence
7) “What the Heart Wants” by Colin Raye
8) “As Long As You Love Me” by Justin Bieber feat. Big Sean
9) “Born to Be My Baby” by Bon Jovi (both versions, though the slower one is a bit better)
10) Three way tie:
-“Real Life Fairytale” By Plumb
- Most Josh Groban Songs (ex: “When you say love me,” “You Are Loved,” “In Her Eyes”)
-“Some Hearts” by Carrie Underwood
"Ain't no Mountain High Enough” by Marvin Gaye & Tammi Terrell
“Thinking of you” by Christian Kane
“Song 2 You” by Leon Thomas & Victoria Justice
"Heartbreaker" by Pink
"Power of Love" from Sailor Moon
So What are your top ten? Why?