3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   General chatter (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-chatter-72/)
-   -   Gamers Unite! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-chatter/290273-gamers-unite.html)

CovLad98 12-02-2013 11:33 PM

Gamers Unite!

Are There any gamers among us? or am i the only one on that has time to waste? xD

Wanted to make a post maybe discuss games being released or played
at the moment :)

Inkrid 12-03-2013 07:03 AM

I am Old LOL. I play Royal Story on FB. BUT I also play Parallel Kingdoms on the iPhone, an AMAZING GPS game. It is very deep and intricate and broad. You can play however you want. They "drop" you literally where you are with NO instructions and you figure it out on your own or asking the forums or your mentor. I've played it all year. I played it the year before, but it became so all consuming I had my character commit suicide (erased my account) so I could lead a semblance of a RL.

SparklyBunny 12-03-2013 08:33 AM

Does Clash of Clans count? :-P

I used to spend a lot of time on computer games, but not that much anymore. I just played a bit of Civ V some time ago, but it somehow seemed easier than IV so I got bored. I sometimes still crave to play WoW, but have decided not to install it again. If I would have a console other than Wii, I'd probably want to play Elder Scrolls now and again.

When I start playing something, I put all my energy into it and then after a while I just get bored and go and put all my energy into something else :-)

Dollfaise 12-03-2013 09:14 AM

I play WoW currently but I used to be big into console gaming when I was about 15. Since then, it's been mostly online gaming although I do still own a PS3. I've also played League of Legends and some Wizard 101. :lol:

CanadianCutie 12-03-2013 10:31 AM

Oh boy do I play. Over the years I've played Everquest (met my husband on there), WoW, Starcraft in all it's incarnations, Heroes of Might and Magic series, but right now I'm back into Skyrim, and to some extent Oblivion. I also play The Sims 3 from time to time, and several facebook games with my Mother in law and sisters in law.

Becky Quilts 12-03-2013 10:36 AM

I used to play WoW with my hubby. I played Minecraft (iOS) for a while but became bored while waiting for updates. I couldn't bring myself to learn the XBox interface.

I will have to check out Parallel Kingdoms. :)

Inkrid 12-03-2013 11:29 AM

Oh yes, I also loved the Harvest Moon series. However, as I am in my prime, it became embarrassing when family members walked in on me playing it!! I am alone in the house at least 6 hours a day, but everyone would suddenly come home ONLY when I played!! FB and iPhone usage is less embarrassing. Can pretend to be doing something Real easier.

ILoveVegetables 12-03-2013 12:53 PM

I'm crazy about specific games, namely the Final Fantasies (almost all following FF7), Assassin's Creed (all), Diablo (2, LoD and 3) and a few others.

I tend to get thoroughly and completely obsessed with games and the obsession goes on for months and months normally. A few months ago it was Diablo 3, most recently I rekindled my love for the Final Fantasies (FF8 was my first major game obsession ever) and believe me, when I say I love them, I mean with the fire of a thousand suns. It feels like the games and their stories are my first born.

Unfortunately, I don't own a console so I'm now almost exclusively a PC gamer .

CovLad98 12-03-2013 12:55 PM

That parallel kingdoms sounds very interesting indeed i'll have to check it out, at this moment in time i've been playing Guild wars 2, League of legends ;),some bioshock inf as well, if you want something simple and somewhat amusing the play on IOS/Android you can download My Singing Monsters keeps me busy and occupied every now and then

i've had my share of playing WoW in the good old days before they changed too much that is :p feel free to argue with me on that!! haha

I'm really happy to see im not the only one atleast!

ps Clash of the clans does count in a way..

Edit*
PCGaming the the way to go! haha

was a big Diablo 1&2 fan but never got into 3 for other reasons
I'm only 22 and i've spent most of those years gaming :/ <-- Can be socially awkward xD

FickleHearts 12-03-2013 01:06 PM

I'm a gamer.

Currently - still stuck on Minecraft for the 360 while the hubby finishes off Batman Arkham origins. After that, we got an Xbox One with Dead Rising 3 and I think we'll have to paper rocks scissors on who gets to play it first. I may just let him as the whole zombie thing is more fun for me to watch than play. Forza is his b-day present. Poor guy was born on Xmas Eve and it always gets lumped into Christmas. Can't wait till next year and more titles for the One.

Other than those, games I love:

Skyrim (I've beat it about 6 times now LOL)
WoW
Guild Wars 1 and 2
COD games
Halo games
Gears of War games
I really loved the Last of Us
Dragon Age games
Red Dead Redemption
Mass Effect 1-3
Fallout games
Dead Space (poor Isaac)

The Sims 3 is my guilty pleasure LOL. I'm totally psyched for Sims 4 next year. Total dweeb I know. Every now and then the hubby and I go for old school C&C too.

I guess you could say I'm into lots of different genres LOL.

pixelllate 12-03-2013 01:13 PM

I have vertigo from playing games, so instead I watch playthroughs. I want to blab with the guys at the office about their games (such as grand theft auto 5) but I don't want to reveal my dorkiness since i don't even PLAY them.

I just watched vids for Last of us, Grand Theft Auto 5, Devil may cry (many of the editions), Knack (not a huge fan), Pikmin (pretty cute!)

I like third person action games! On a side note, I can't get into World of Warcraft point-type games.

Anyone checking out The Wolf Among Us??? Its so crazy-good. The Walking Dead was totally chilling.

SparklyBunny 12-03-2013 01:28 PM

Now I want to play Sims again... My Mac is too old for Skyrim. Otherwise I'd play that.

nelie 12-04-2013 11:53 AM

I'm a gamer when I have time. Skyrim is the latest game but I just got it off of Steam sales.

Becky Quilts 12-04-2013 12:43 PM

pixelllate - I get the same thing, doesn't matter if it's hubby or me playing a first person POV. Minecraft doesn't seem as bad, but if I get tired it will still affect me.

CanadianCutie 12-04-2013 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nelie (Post 4894439)
I'm a gamer when I have time. Skyrim is the latest game but I just got it off of Steam sales.

Oh man, the Steam flash sales for Black Friday/Cyber Monday, hubby and I got each other several Christmas gifts this way.