Losing Facial Weight

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • I currently weigh around 200 pounds and plan to lose roughly 65 pounds. I'm around Jennifer Lopez's height and am in my 20s.

My face is quite chubby, which I don't really like.

Do you suppose that losing 65 pounds will significantly reduce my facial chubbiness? Or do you think that it will have little effect?

Do you know anyone who has lost that amount of weight? If so, did the shape of their faces change significantly?

• my face changed quite a bit from about 230 pounds when I started to around 180-190 where i'm hanging at right now....my face went from round to rectangle(?) shape, much more slender...unfortunately I can see wrinkles now but so many people have told me that I have "aged younger" and some people genuinely didn't believe I was the mother of my teenager
  • I have no idea how tall Lopez is, but I think losing 65 is going to significantly affect your face. My face went from very round to much more narrow and I've lost less than that.
  • My face is very different now from my highest weight. There is no more "baby face." I went from very round to oval-shaped. And, unfortunately, I do think I look older.
  • At 52, I'm down 30 lbs, and my face is noticeably more slender. Fortunately, I have no real wrinkles yet. And, in fact, the jowls that were just beginning to form (the little bit of fat hanging midway on the lower jaw line), completely disappeared! That was a great relief. So, I am pretty happy about it. I can see cheek bones now.

One thing I did do, and perhaps it helped, is I started to use moisturizer religiously during the weight loss period, and still do (10 lbs to go ideally)
  • Quote: I have no idea how tall Lopez is, but I think losing 65 is going to significantly affect your face. My face went from very round to much more narrow and I've lost less than that.

Lopez is about 5 feet 5.
  • When my weight started coming off that was the first place you could see it, my face got quite a bit thinner
  • I had to go to 128-130 to get actual cheekbones. But yes, you face will thin out.
  • My face changed dramatically, especially after 81lbs. At your height, I think the change will be dramatic too.

Take care. It has been a real physcological challenge for me having people...even friends...not recognise me.
  • Quote: My face changed dramatically, especially after 81lbs. At your height, I think the change will be dramatic too.

Take care. It has been a real physcological challenge for me having people...even friends...not recognise me.
    i completely agree, my face changed dramatically and not (i think) for the better although that may be just my vanity beating me up plus my age (51) but yes you will definitely notice a slimmer face and it may be one of the things you end up liking best about your weight loss.
  • Yes, your face will slim quite a bit but I don't think you need to worry about wrinkles.
  • My face changed a great deal, until one day when I looked in the mirror wearing a scoop-necked shirt, I realized that I'd developed my father's neck. I've got deeper eye sockets, a sharper chin, and unfortunately, deeper nasal-labial folds. Some of the fat must have been acting like collagen filler in my face. My face aged to its actual age, but my body looked much younger.
  • I have lost just over 65 lbs. so far and my face looks substantially different, I think. I was wrinkle-free when I was morbidly obese, but now I have crow's feet and smile lines, blech. I am not personally happy about this development, but I'm working on acceptance. I am in my late 40s and shouldn't expect to look like I'm 30 anymore, lol. I appreciate this thread because this is the very first time I have done a face comparison pic during my weight loss journey. I have to say, age lines aside, I look happier and healthier I expertly avoided having pictures taken of me for years, so I only have my Driver's License photo from last December, a few months before I started dieting, to use as a comparison/before pic.
  • My face got thinner but it took a good 40 lbs before I noticed a difference. Check out my link under my ticker for a face comparison.
  • At 225+lbs, age 17

At 165lbs +/-5lbs, age 20

I was only Normal weight (which for me is 179lbs or lower) for 3 months before falling into a depression based on unforeseen personal events. It had a huge impact on my face, though. It looks so much better not obese!