3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   General chatter (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-chatter-72/)
-   -   Been away -Planning a Wedding (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-chatter/289713-been-away-planning-wedding.html)

CherryQuinn 11-14-2013 08:02 AM

Been away -Planning a Wedding

XD Everytime I try to come back to the site something else comes up. This time its that we moved the wedding up 6 months and now I'm neck deep in planning all the time trying to keep my neck above water in school. I am still dieting, afterall now I have a wedding dress I want to look good in haha. I didn't realise how much trouble planning a wedding is, its brutal. Any other gals planning a wedding or had one after loosing a lot of weight?

MichiganBridetoBe 11-14-2013 08:33 AM

I'm in the planning a wedding stage! It's crazy! Luckily I still have 17 months to plan it, so it's not too hectic, but lots of our vendors have May and June of 2015 booked up already.

Have you guys set a date?

CherryQuinn 11-14-2013 08:44 AM

Yep. April 25th 2015, 17 months away!

Munchy 11-14-2013 12:59 PM

I planned my country club wedding in two months! It was insanity, but my mom was the most wonderful help I have ever had.

I paid off my wedding and divorce at the same time LOL!

Five years later and looking at another wedding, I can't wait to plan it as relaxed and comfortable as we are :)

CherryQuinn 11-14-2013 03:43 PM

You're having a renewal wedding?

nelie 11-14-2013 04:51 PM

I lost 100 lbs about the time we had our wedding. We had a short engagement, 4 months and I have to say I was pretty grateful to get it over with and not have to stress about it for an extended period of time.

Mozzy 11-14-2013 05:11 PM

Congrats on the wedding cherryquinn!

When I got married, I planned a wedding and lost weight at the same time. It helps that when I'm stressed I don't over eat. I'm a boredom eater and there was never an opportunity to be bored while wedding planning. Lol

Munchy 11-14-2013 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CherryQuinn (Post 4883401)
You're having a renewal wedding?

Sorry I wasn't clear! I am divorced (almost 5 years) and now looking at getting remarried. :)

alaskanlaughter 11-15-2013 01:37 AM

I had two very easy weddings.....one when I was young that we did at our small church with very minimal prep....and my second marriage was a simple ceremony performed at home with only our closest friends there...I don't remember paying hardly anything for the first wedding, I think a lot was sponsored by the church itself....and the second wedding cost, total, just over $200 including the rings lol

Changergirl 11-15-2013 02:24 AM

My wedding will be in June of 2015 however I'm going to be abroad until next July so not much planning will happen until then. We have booked the venue already! I'm really hoping to be at my goal weight once I start planning so I have one less thing to worry about.

CherryQuinn 11-15-2013 07:31 AM

I have the venue, decorator, cake person, and commissioner booked. You have to book things fast here if you want certain vendors. I'm still loosing weight , my goal is to get to 165 before I try on wedding dresses but most likely I will be a lot lower since I'm waiting til june/july to try on dresses