Do you sweat less?

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • I was wondering if you sweat less since you've lost weight? I sweat so much that I hate doing anything. Just going to the grocery store I sweat a lot.

TexasNonie
  • Your signature, Texas, will have something to do with that and if Nonie means grandma, that too will be a reason for sweating. I'm sweating like a fat girl in Alaska but it's age related.

Cat
  • Yes, Vintagecat, I am a grandmother, 53 years old. And yes, it is hot in the Texas Panhandle. That is why I love the cooler weather fall has brought.

TexasNonie
  • Strangely I still sweat a lot but when I sweat is different.

I used to sweat a lot while walking up hill or doing household chores.

Now I sweat a lot when working out. And I mean a lot. Even with a headband on and wrist bands I will soak my t-shirt on the treadmill and will have sweat on the treadmill. So some of it is just genetic.
  • The timing and amount of my sweat resembles Ian's.

I sweat less when just getting on with my life. But boy, do I soak my padded gloves, my hair, the front of my shirt, my sports bra and my workout pants.

Sometimes I think I ought to wring out my sports bra over the bathroom sink before hanging it over the shower rod to dry out before I stuff it into a laundry bag.
  • One of the unexpected but great things about losing weight for me is how much better this past summer was. I live in Central Texas. Perhaps sweating a tad less. But heat and humdity were much less oppressive. My body handled it much better.
  • Sort of. Once I start sweating, I'm as drenched as I ever was. But daily life didn't make me sweat this summer like it used too - now it usually takes exertion to turn my sweat glands on.
  • I sweat wth exertion. General life is not nearly as exerting as it was 100 pounds ago
  • Yes, I have the feeling that I'm sweating less. But I guess this just a placebo effect... Nevertheless I feel better since I lost weight and that's what matters.
  • I don't sweat as much as I used to. Before I lost weight, I'd break out in a sweat just doing dishes! Now, it takes a lot more effort to start sweating. But when I do sweat, oh boy, do I sweat a lot!
  • I definitely sweat less in general (I often tend to be on the cold side now) and I am less likely to get over-heated while working out also. I love both of these side benefits, so much.
  • I am an oddball. I have never been a heavy sweater. (haha calling myself a sweater was funny, but I digress) But now that I've lost weight, I actually sweat MORE. Why? Because I drink water like it's going out of style, I think I must have spent the bulk of my life in a state of dehydration which I assume is why I didn't sweat a lot.
  • I wish, haha. I sweat about the same.

Quote: I am an oddball. I have never been a heavy sweater. (haha calling myself a sweater was funny, but I digress) But now that I've lost weight, I actually sweat MORE. Why? Because I drink water like it's going out of style, I think I must have spent the bulk of my life in a state of dehydration which I assume is why I didn't sweat a lot.
    Oh wow, I never thought about that. I do drink A LOT of water and I seem to be the only one at the gym with a water bottle… and sweating buckets.
  • I sweat less for some reason ! hope it's not the tempature change in the gym hehe
  • When I exercise, I am sweating *a lot* more. Outside of exercise, I'm more inclined to be cold than hot.

I have never handled spicy or hot food all that well but lately, when I eat anything remotely spicy or hot, I sweat like I'm exercising. It is terribly embarrassing. Not sure if it's due to my weight loss, age, or whatever. It sucks.