3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   General chatter (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-chatter-72/)
-   -   Do you sweat less? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-chatter/288046-do-you-sweat-less.html)

TexasNonie 09-28-2013 01:40 PM

Do you sweat less?

I was wondering if you sweat less since you've lost weight? I sweat so much that I hate doing anything. Just going to the grocery store I sweat a lot.

TexasNonie

vintagecat 09-28-2013 02:03 PM

Your signature, Texas, will have something to do with that and if Nonie means grandma, that too will be a reason for sweating. I'm sweating like a fat girl in Alaska but it's age related.

Cat

TexasNonie 09-28-2013 02:35 PM

Yes, Vintagecat, I am a grandmother, 53 years old. And yes, it is hot in the Texas Panhandle. That is why I love the cooler weather fall has brought.

TexasNonie

IanG 09-28-2013 04:02 PM

Strangely I still sweat a lot but when I sweat is different.

I used to sweat a lot while walking up hill or doing household chores.

Now I sweat a lot when working out. And I mean a lot. Even with a headband on and wrist bands I will soak my t-shirt on the treadmill and will have sweat on the treadmill. So some of it is just genetic.

saef 09-28-2013 04:13 PM

The timing and amount of my sweat resembles Ian's.

I sweat less when just getting on with my life. But boy, do I soak my padded gloves, my hair, the front of my shirt, my sports bra and my workout pants.

Sometimes I think I ought to wring out my sports bra over the bathroom sink before hanging it over the shower rod to dry out before I stuff it into a laundry bag.

diamondgeog 09-29-2013 04:51 PM

One of the unexpected but great things about losing weight for me is how much better this past summer was. I live in Central Texas. Perhaps sweating a tad less. But heat and humdity were much less oppressive. My body handled it much better.

Riddy 09-29-2013 08:21 PM

Sort of. Once I start sweating, I'm as drenched as I ever was. But daily life didn't make me sweat this summer like it used too - now it usually takes exertion to turn my sweat glands on.

Arctic Mama 09-30-2013 12:18 AM

I sweat wth exertion. General life is not nearly as exerting as it was 100 pounds ago :)

jerah 09-30-2013 04:48 AM

Yes, I have the feeling that I'm sweating less. But I guess this just a placebo effect... Nevertheless I feel better since I lost weight and that's what matters.

Garnet2727 09-30-2013 08:32 AM

I don't sweat as much as I used to. Before I lost weight, I'd break out in a sweat just doing dishes! Now, it takes a lot more effort to start sweating. But when I do sweat, oh boy, do I sweat a lot!

Mrs Snark 10-01-2013 03:51 PM

I definitely sweat less in general (I often tend to be on the cold side now) and I am less likely to get over-heated while working out also. I love both of these side benefits, so much.

MAK247 10-01-2013 06:15 PM

I am an oddball. I have never been a heavy sweater. (haha calling myself a sweater was funny, but I digress) But now that I've lost weight, I actually sweat MORE. Why? Because I drink water like it's going out of style, I think I must have spent the bulk of my life in a state of dehydration which I assume is why I didn't sweat a lot.

Krazy 10-01-2013 07:19 PM

I wish, haha. I sweat about the same.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MAK247 (Post 4852947)
I am an oddball. I have never been a heavy sweater. (haha calling myself a sweater was funny, but I digress) But now that I've lost weight, I actually sweat MORE. Why? Because I drink water like it's going out of style, I think I must have spent the bulk of my life in a state of dehydration which I assume is why I didn't sweat a lot.

Oh wow, I never thought about that. I do drink A LOT of water and I seem to be the only one at the gym with a water bottle… and sweating buckets.

sanne89 10-02-2013 08:58 AM

I sweat less for some reason ! hope it's not the tempature change in the gym hehe

memememe76 10-02-2013 12:10 PM

When I exercise, I am sweating *a lot* more. Outside of exercise, I'm more inclined to be cold than hot.

I have never handled spicy or hot food all that well but lately, when I eat anything remotely spicy or hot, I sweat like I'm exercising. It is terribly embarrassing. Not sure if it's due to my weight loss, age, or whatever. It sucks.