3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > General chatter

General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Dexter/Breaking Bad/Sons of Anarchy

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-19-2013, 11:27 AM   #1
Member
 
SkinnyBee78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: in medias res
Posts: 42

S/C/G: 240/235/145

Height: 5'4"

Default Dexter/Breaking Bad/Sons of Anarchy

Soooo much "OMG"..... Anyone as crazy about these shows as I am? DISCUSS!!!
SkinnyBee78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 02:20 PM   #2
Michelle the Vegan
 
Mrs Snark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Bliss-a-go-go!
Posts: 5,293

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

Default

Charlie Hunman.... *ssiiiiiiiggggggggh*

Oh Charlie Hunman. I could, and would, watch you read the phone book.
__________________
Loving yourself is an act of will. It doesn't just happen, you have to choose it.

My blog: Bliss-a-go-go (Warning: I'm always extremely inappropriate and I totally over-share. And I use way too many adverbs, like, all.the.time.)

Last edited by Mrs Snark : 09-19-2013 at 02:20 PM.
Mrs Snark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 04:30 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
Buffinlovin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 261

S/C/G: 221/196.3/130

Height: 5'2

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Snark View Post
Charlie Hunman.... *ssiiiiiiiggggggggh*

Oh Charlie Hunman. I could, and would, watch you read the phone book.
Agreed...I'm kind of excited to see him as the lead of 50 Shades (even though I didn't particularly care for how the books were written...I know it started out as fanfiction, but I had hoped it wouldn't read like fanfiction. I was disappointed), if only because I want to see him shirtless in a pair of low-rise, hip-hugging jeans. Yum!

As far as the original topic, I am also late to the party. I'm on season 2 of both Breaking Bad and Sons of Anarchy (and I've never seen Dexter), and I watch an episode or two on netfix every few nights or so. Definitely enjoying Breaking Bad! I want to enjoy Sons of Anarchy more, but I like to do things while I watch it (like clean, cook, etc), and I feel I miss some of the smaller, important details while doing other things.
__________________
Started Weight Watchers May 5th, 2013
Started MyFitnessPal June 23, 2013
"Rather than aiming for being perfect, just aim to be little bit better today than you were yesterday"


http://raidingobesity.blogspot.com/ A Gamer's Journey of Weight Loss
First goal: 210 lbs-5% of body weight-achieved 6/24/13
Second goal: 199 lbs-10% of body weight and ONEderland!-achieved 8/20/13
Third goal: 175 lbs-high school graduation weight!
Buffinlovin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 05:24 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
ILoveVegetables's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 415

S/C/G: 220/212/120

Height: 5'2

Default

I'm crazy about Dexter, although I think it's kind of gone downhill compared to the first few seasons. More than anything I want them to stop wasting our time with Quinn and Deb's love life, kill Hannah off (I just don't like her) and let Deb and Dexter continue their lives like it was in the first season, with him killing bad guys and her doing general cop stuff.
__________________
ILoveVegetables is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 02:05 AM   #5
Member
 
SkinnyBee78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: in medias res
Posts: 42

S/C/G: 240/235/145

Height: 5'4"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelle View Post
I'm so happy that Breaking Bad is running a marathon before the finale because I'm only half way through Season 2. I wish they would have done that during the summer before all the new shows started. My DVR is getting a major workout.
So....have you not seen the last episode? I'm still in shock. I just...noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.
SkinnyBee78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 02:12 AM   #6
Member
 
SkinnyBee78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: in medias res
Posts: 42

S/C/G: 240/235/145

Height: 5'4"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Snark View Post
Charlie Hunman.... *ssiiiiiiiggggggggh*

Oh Charlie Hunman. I could, and would, watch you read the phone book.
Um, yeah. It's ridiculous. The whole show is a little difficult for me considering my tattoo fetish (lol) but...Jeez, Jax. That back tat (yeah I realize it's fake) on him pretty much drives me crazy.

I will say I could have done without the prison scene (with Otto and the guard watching) in the season premier, though. Sometimes things just don't need to be seen. You know, it's always been a rough show to watch from start to finish but after everything happened with Opie (don't want to totally spoil for those who haven't seen it), it went downhill. Still a great show though.
SkinnyBee78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 02:18 AM   #7
Member
 
SkinnyBee78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: in medias res
Posts: 42

S/C/G: 240/235/145

Height: 5'4"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffinlovin View Post
Agreed...I'm kind of excited to see him as the lead of 50 Shades (even though I didn't particularly care for how the books were written...I know it started out as fanfiction, but I had hoped it wouldn't read like fanfiction.
I was disappointed with the books, too. I should say book because I only read the first and didn't even finish it...honestly it seemed a little over hyped, but maybe I should give it another try. From what I read, Hunman doesn't seem like a natural fit for the role. I was thinking more Ian Somerhalder.........................yum. Still thinking about Ian Sumerhalder. lol
SkinnyBee78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 02:24 AM   #8
Member
 
SkinnyBee78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: in medias res
Posts: 42

S/C/G: 240/235/145

Height: 5'4"

Default

By the way, Buffinlovin...I don't know that we can be friends considering you're flying your Hordie freak flag.

How are you liking the new patch? I'm digging it...took about a month off to revisit Diablo (super excited about the expansion there but not thrilled with the no AH rule), but came back to WoW when the new stuff came (and I got a shiny new laptop that doesn't burn up when I play my games).

Annnd...thread is derailed.
SkinnyBee78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 02:28 AM   #9
Member
 
SkinnyBee78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: in medias res
Posts: 42

S/C/G: 240/235/145

Height: 5'4"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILoveVegetables View Post
I'm crazy about Dexter, although I think it's kind of gone downhill compared to the first few seasons. More than anything I want them to stop wasting our time with Quinn and Deb's love life, kill Hannah off (I just don't like her) and let Deb and Dexter continue their lives like it was in the first season, with him killing bad guys and her doing general cop stuff.
Totally with you about previous seasons. I love Quinn and Deb together, but really don't like Hannah. I think it's great that Dexter might be maturing, still...I miss the old, code-driven days. Gosh...I seriously will never forget the Rita scene. That was completely shocking. Since then, and perhaps it's a writing issue, it's kinda changed. I'd love to see Deb and Dex work together more!
SkinnyBee78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 04:24 AM   #10
Senior Member
 
Buffinlovin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 261

S/C/G: 221/196.3/130

Height: 5'2

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyBee78 View Post
By the way, Buffinlovin...I don't know that we can be friends considering you're flying your Hordie freak flag.

How are you liking the new patch? I'm digging it...took about a month off to revisit Diablo (super excited about the expansion there but not thrilled with the no AH rule), but came back to WoW when the new stuff came (and I got a shiny new laptop that doesn't burn up when I play my games).

Annnd...thread is derailed.
Haha, I'm a carebear ^_^ I'm a hordie at heart, but I have plenty of friends who are alli (I just can't get into playing it tho, I get lost in the cities QQ)

I am both loving and hating the new patch. Tons of content, and I can feed my rare addiction regularly on the isle. I was able to get the Celestial Tournament done for my first celestial pet (and now working on the rest of the coins for the other 3). I'm missing about half the pets from the isle yet.

What I'm hating is that thing you can use to make you hostile to your own faction. Burning Blade is a horde dominated pvp server, so everyone is out to get people. Large groups will camp the spawn locations for some of the more popular rares (huolon, Archerius, etc), say the rare spawned when it hadn't, and just wait for everyone to come running into their trap.

Quote:
I was disappointed with the books, too. I should say book because I only read the first and didn't even finish it...honestly it seemed a little over hyped, but maybe I should give it another try. From what I read, Hunman doesn't seem like a natural fit for the role. I was thinking more Ian Somerhalder.........................yum. Still thinking about Ian Sumerhalder. lol
I felt they were over-hyped also. I read the first two books and was just so disappointed in the writing that I didn't finish it. The subject matter was fine, I can handle some racy stuff, but I've read some truly fantastic fanfiction in my past and this just did not live up to expectations.

Hunnam isn't a natural choice for the male lead (Matt Bomer would have been ideal), but I have no doubt he can pull it off. From some of the other movies I've seen him in (Nicholas Nickleby being the one I know best), I can see him get this commanding presence and yet still be vulnerable, which is what the character is going to need to make him interesting (because the books left a lot to be desired when it comes to character development). It also doesn't hurt that he is just drop dead dreamy lol!
__________________
Started Weight Watchers May 5th, 2013
Started MyFitnessPal June 23, 2013
"Rather than aiming for being perfect, just aim to be little bit better today than you were yesterday"


http://raidingobesity.blogspot.com/ A Gamer's Journey of Weight Loss
First goal: 210 lbs-5% of body weight-achieved 6/24/13
Second goal: 199 lbs-10% of body weight and ONEderland!-achieved 8/20/13
Third goal: 175 lbs-high school graduation weight!
Buffinlovin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 06:08 AM   #11
Member
 
SkinnyBee78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: in medias res
Posts: 42

S/C/G: 240/235/145

Height: 5'4"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffinlovin View Post

I am both loving and hating the new patch. Tons of content, and I can feed my rare addiction regularly on the isle. I was able to get the Celestial Tournament done for my first celestial pet (and now working on the rest of the coins for the other 3). I'm missing about half the pets from the isle yet.

What I'm hating is that thing you can use to make you hostile to your own faction. Burning Blade is a horde dominated pvp server, so everyone is out to get people. Large groups will camp the spawn locations for some of the more popular rares (huolon, Archerius, etc), say the rare spawned when it hadn't, and just wait for everyone to come running into their trap.
I was getting so bored and annoyed with the grind before the patch, so having fresh content helps. Grats on the celestial tourney. I'm still working on round two. Just...gahh. What pets/abilities did you find worked best? I'm completely frustrated. I'm still working through various (mostly mechanical) combos.

The censer thing? Yeah that sucks. I don't pvp much, myself, so anything like that irritates me...especially since I need those dang bloody coins. grr.
SkinnyBee78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 11:46 AM   #12
Member
 
SkinnyBee78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: in medias res
Posts: 42

S/C/G: 240/235/145

Height: 5'4"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelle View Post
I haven't seen anything after Season 2 yet. I have been watching/recording Season 1 and Season 2 on Sundance and recording the new episodes on AMC but I am trying to watch them in order. It is going to be tough to avoid spoilers until I can get caught up after the marathon airs.
Oh gawd...missed that from your post. Then definitely avoid everything! lol It's been such a great show, start to finish...totally worth watching from the beginning. My lips are sealed.

Last edited by SkinnyBee78 : 09-20-2013 at 11:47 AM.
SkinnyBee78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 12:06 PM   #13
Embracing the suck
 
JohnP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: California - East Bay
Posts: 3,185

S/C/G: 300/234/abs

Height: 6'9"

Default

Putting Breaking Bad into the same subject line as Sons of Anarchy is a major insult to Breaking Bad.

SOA is a decent show but Breaking Bad is one of the best TV shows ever made.
__________________
"Getting solid information is easier than ever. Getting misinformation is even easier." - Kaplods

Maintaining for two years and I eat whatever I want - just not however much I want. Details here.
JohnP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 01:33 PM   #14
Member
 
SkinnyBee78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: in medias res
Posts: 42

S/C/G: 240/235/145

Height: 5'4"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnP View Post
Putting Breaking Bad into the same subject line as Sons of Anarchy is a major insult to Breaking Bad.

SOA is a decent show but Breaking Bad is one of the best TV shows ever made.
Well then.

No, I agree. lol I just put all those together because aside from my reality tv favorites, those are my shows---all of which are making my head spin. BB is exceptionally well written, and will go down in history as one of the greats. I will own the entire series when it concludes, for sure.

Sons just premiered so it was on my radar, and Dex is winding down, so, there's my subject line.

So...can we talk about Hank? *sniffles* Also, I'm pretty excited about Better Call Saul.
SkinnyBee78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 08:10 PM   #15
Senior Member
 
Bloopers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 262

S/C/G: 166/157/115

Height: 5'4

Default

OMG, I can't believe Breaking Bad's finale is in less than a week. This is probably the only show I can say I've thoroughly enjoyed every single second of, even the 'Fly' episode that most seem to find boring. I'm sad that it's about to end And while I love Saul, I feel iffy about him having his own show, but we'll see! Bryan Cranston is an unbelievably superb actor, he fits the role like a glove. Kinda annoyed he didn't win an Emmy last night!
__________________
Bloopers is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:18 AM.






Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.3.2