General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 08-28-2013, 02:56 PM   #1  
onedayatatimer

S/C/G: 224/ticker/145-155

Height: 5'9.5"

Default Lurkers: why don't you post?

Hello lurkers,

I'm not sure if any of you will be willing to come out and post in order to satisfy my curiosity but I was just wondering why you don't post?

Thanks for any input!
luckymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 03:00 PM   #2  
Waddle fast Flap hard FLY

S/C/G: Top 272~restart 255

Height: 5'7

We can always use more people to talk to!
patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 03:16 PM   #3  
Starting again

S/C/G: 289/ticker/128

Height: 5'4"

I lurk a lot because my only internet is my phone. Typing sucks.
shishkeberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 04:27 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 220/158/133

Height: 5 foot 6

I wouldn't exactly describe myself as a lurker on this board, but I do lurk on a couple of other boards ;-) My main reason is that I often don't feel like I have anything worth contributing to the conversation, either that or, due to the fact that I am in the UK and most contributors are in the USA, all the good things have already been said while I was sleeping!!! It can be difficult to break into a board where it feels like everyone is close and already knows each other, but I must admit that I felt so much at home when I discovered this board that I wanted to just leap in. I love all you guys!!! I hope more lurkers come out of the woodwork and join in. It's tricky though!
EskaDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 05:05 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 204/156/145

Height: 5'7"

I will admit, I am a lurker. I have been a member for a while and the advice and positivity of this board has helped me lose almost 50 pounds! I think I lurk rather than engage because it IS difficult to break into threads when others seem to already get along so well. Which is quite odd because in real life I have no problem breaking into groups...hmmm....that is something to contemplate, and I will definitely try to contribute more.
need2loseit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 05:10 PM   #6  
Back with a story

S/C/G: 281 / 254 / 160

Height: 5'3" - I got taller!

I lurk often, even though I'm also a poster. Sometimes it is just that I have nothing useful to add to the conversation. More often, it is that I can read a snatch here or there, but spending the time responding is more than I can do while nursing/schooling/running errands/managing the home, etc. A five second read vs needing hands free for a few minutes of typing is too much these days, for all but brief period online. And then that time when I can type is spent doing other Internet related things that have to be completed. So I read, but my posting is sparse much of the time.
Arctic Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 05:12 PM   #7  
Here to Learn

S/C/G: 225/140/135

Height: 5'5"

I fall into the sometimes lurker category and yes, like the other's said when I don't post it's usually because I either have nothing to contribute or my contribution has already been stated by one or more people already and wouldn't offer anything new to the OP. I also will often avoid anything controversial.
EagleRiverDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 05:24 PM   #8  

S/C/G: Pant Size 12/6/4

Height: 5'2"

I mostly Lurk because I do not think my advice will help! or because other people say things better, or because I do not want to put too much personal info out there! Last time I lost 60 lbs I really wanted to share my pics but was afraid of putting them out there for the internet to have! (I had some amazing pin-up pics taken that would be prime steal candidates! ) As it was, I simply looked at the before and after pics myself and was happy. After I gained it all back due to injury I was leery of posting too much since I was unable to maintain the loss... But regardless, I read every day at least once. More if I am feeling the urge to binge or cheat.
Harriette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 06:15 PM   #9  
I Will do this....

S/C/G: 298/see ticker/165

Height: 5ft 7

I am a sometimes lurker. If I don't post it's because someone else has already said what I was thinking. Also, occasionally, I feel a wee bit intimidated by those that reply with a vehemence and arrogance that make me want to scream!
starbrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 06:53 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 297/182/155

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by starbrite View Post
I am a sometimes lurker. If I don't post it's because someone else has already said what I was thinking. Also, occasionally, I feel a wee bit intimidated by those that reply with a vehemence and arrogance that make me want to scream!

^^^
df180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 07:09 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 221/196.3/130

Height: 5'2

I lurk more than I post, although I'm not necessarily a lurker, per se. I feel comfortable posting on general stuff, but there are some people on here that are more knowledgeable on specific things (likes specific types of diets, research, studies, etc), and I'd feel uncomfortable posting in those threads because the knowledge I have is peanuts compared to that (but I love to read them...I love soaking up the knowledge!).
Buffinlovin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 07:27 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 188/185/164

Height: 5'8"

I love reading what everyone has written here! Need2loseit, I especially love that you came on here and posted a reply to this! Your first post and you've been a member since 2011? How exciting! Thank you for sharing with us that this site helped you lose nearly 50 lbs! That's awesome and inspirational! Good for you! I hope others will come out of the lurker closet. We want you all to join in! There is always room for more chicks (and roosters)!
Jacqui_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 09:02 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 286/153/155

Height: 5'9

I used to post. I am mostly maintaining now and not trying to lose weight . I don't come on the board frequently enough to post and by the time I get to a thread, what I would say has already been said.
Madame Souza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 09:20 PM   #14  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

I'm a very active poster here. Rarely a day goes by that I don't post something here, but I lurk on several other sites, for some of the same reasons posted already. I may be less familiar with the site, less interested in threads I find, feel I have nothing to add, may feel less connected to the group, or might not want to sink more time than I already spend here.

I would guess there are as many reasons for not posting as there are for posting.
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 09:43 PM   #15  

S/C/G: size 20/14/10

Height: 5' 7"

Sometimes I lurk and sometimes I post. It tends to go in phases. There are a couple of reasons. One being if I am on my tablet or phone I mostly just read. Another common reason is because what I would say has already been said. Finally, occasionally...maybe also going in waves, there is sometimes snarkiness or drama that I just tend to ignore most of the time. I have enough drama in my life and if I wanted more I know how to find the Lifetime channels. Most of the time here it is confined to a couple of threads which is good; this was meant to be a place for support not snark, IMO.
mariposssa is offline   Reply With Quote