General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 04-02-2014, 01:36 PM   #106  

S/C/G: 289/See Sig/170

Height: 5'3"

Dear Guy I am dating, but seems to grow distant,

I really wish I could get a clear answer from you about what the heck we are doing. I know we messed up by moving way too fast... but I still like you. However, I don't want to be emotionally hung up on someone who doesn't feel the same. I can't change how you feel, so if you broke up with me... I'd accept it and move on. What I can't take are the random texts whenever you feel like it that make it seem like everything is ok. I've decided to delete your number off my phone and your texts so I can't be tempted to reach out first. If you don't make a move by the end of this week I'm breaking it off for the both of us.

-Girl who just wants an honest answer

Dear Mom,

I love you but you are driving me crazy. I understand that me dating is nerve wracking for you and dad. You don't want me to get hurt or do something stupid again... but I'm 26 years old and an adult. I need to do this on my own. I know I've been in a sullen mood lately, the guy I liked seems to be fading out and yea it has hurt my pride. Sorry I'm not sunshine and rainbows like always, but please refrain from coming to me and saying "You've changed, you're not the same person anymore." It's not what I want nor need to hear at this moment. In fact it makes me feel worse, that someone else has so much power over how I feel. If I could just pretend it didn't happen, I would in a heartbeat, but I can't. So please back off and let me work through this.

-Your emotionally frazzled daughter.

GOD I really needed to write these today. X_X
Dybbuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 02:48 PM   #107  

To all my 20-something young cousins on facebook:

I appreciate all of you. You're a beautiful, smart, well-educated & well-intentioned group of people.

But for your own good, I'd recommend you refrain from going overboard with your "I have all the answers to solve the problems of the world" postings.

Because sadly, you don't.

You're just not wise enough to realize that yet.

It was bad enough when we were young and we used to do the same thing; the difference was, we didn't have the internet to save our "wisdom" for all eternity. Ours was mostly oral; when we got older and realized the error of our ways, it was easier to deny we ever said/thought/believed such nonsense.

Not so for you.
SouthernMaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 11:28 PM   #108  

S/C/G: sw190/cw179.5/gw145

Height: 5'8"

Oh man I don't even know where to begin!!!

To my husband,
You are truly amazing. I wish you could see yourself through my eyes. I have never met someone as selfless as you. I can't thank you enough for all the love and support you provide. I can always count on you for anything. I just hope that I tell you enough how much I appreciate you. I LOVE YOU!!!!
Love your blessed wife

Mom,
I know we did not have the greatest relationship during my childhood. I realize we all make mistakes in life. I forgive you. With that being said, I cannot erase all the memories I have of you, but I love you for who you are now. When you seek justification from me for the person you were when I was a child, it really frustrates me. Yes you could've been a more involved mom who put her kids above her drinking and abusive boyfriends, but you weren't. We have made it past that point in your life. Focus on the kind of mother you want to be now and whatever kind of relationship you want with me now. Rehashing the past doesn't do anyone any good. Lets put the past behind us and make a better future!
Love your daughter

Dad,
I miss you SO much. We did not see eye to eye often, but I loved you. I wish I could've spent more time with the sober you. When you weren't drinking, you were an awesome man! You left me too soon. We were just getting to really know each other when you passed. There are so many moments in my life that I have wanted to share with you. I know you are still watching over me. I hope you are proud of the person I have become. One day I'll see you on the other side. XOXO
Your daughter

Awesome lady,
I miss working with you! You are such an inspiration to me. No matter what, you always strive to be better at everything you do. You don't realize what an incredible woman you are. You are a great mother. Whoever tells you differently SUCKS butt! Screw the non supporters. Focus on you and your daughter. Keep going on your weight loss journey. The rewards will be worth it. YOU ARE WORTH IT!
Love me

***I could go on forever, but I suppose this will do for now. What an awesome thread!
lucky216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 01:21 AM   #109  
Cat Cuddler

S/C/G: 287/266/150

Height: 5'5"

Dear Mom and Dad:

Even though you have both been gone for over 10 years, I can't find the strength to forgive you. It is only through your absence that I have come to understand the terrible effect that you both had on me.

Why did you beat me repeatedly (often with a belt), tell me I was mentally ******ed and that I wouldn't have much of a future, tell me that I was too stupid and weak to go to a major university, tell me that I was fat and dumb and no man would ever want me, that every decision I make is wrong, that my husband is a loser and my career will fail? Why did you ruin every holiday, graduation, birthday? Why did you refuse to give me any financial help when I was struggling, but helped my siblings? You were rich - you could have helped a little! Why did you destroy our family? Why did you take pleasure in hurting and manipulating your children? I am afraid that I will spend the rest of my life hating you both.

So in response to how you treated me, here is a summary for you: I graduated from one of the world's top universities with honors, and then I graduated from law school, I married a wonderful man and we have been together for 34 years, I have a good career and many great friends. I volunteer my heart, time and money to important causes, and I have a lot of fun. You are right about one thing - I am still fat, and yet men enjoy my company and two have actually hit on me recently! So I say to you both: F you! You were wrong to do what you did. Just because I was always fat didn't mean that I didn't deserve a happy life.

Dear Me:

Grow up, get over it and let it go! You have already wasted too much time on people who don't deserve you. Everything they did was their crap, not yours. Move on! You don't have to spend any more energy trying to prove that they were wrong. Focus only on what makes you happy and healthy.

I just thought that I would post this in case anyone else struggles with this.

Last edited by doingmybest; 04-07-2014 at 01:49 AM.
doingmybest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 10:04 PM   #110  
Updating my software ;)

S/C/G: KGs: 82 / ?? / 55

Height: 5ft

Dear self,

Next time double-check the documents you are overwriting in case the assignment is one that is due tomorrow. Otherwise, you'll be spending 3 hours rewriting the analysis that took you 5 + hours to write the first time and the essay that you're already stuck on and can't seem to write. Translation: you messed up and you'll be up all night tonight fixing it before 4.30 p.m. tomorrow...

Yours faithfully,
A very peeved off student

P.S. You also have another assignment that needs serious attention by that time, too!
Rhiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 10:51 PM   #111  

S/C/G: 203.6 / 200.8 / 115

Height: 5'2"

Dear C.,

You weren't the friend I thought you were. All you cared about was getting attention with all your drama, and you became jealous if it seemed like the attention strayed from you. You're 41, not 13, so get over it. I never "betrayed" you, and I'm angry that you are still trying to turn our few mutual friends against me.

No love,
Me

Dear A.,
C. is lying to you, and if you continue to defend her, knowing that she needs some serious help, then I really have nothing to say to you anymore.

No love,
Me

Dear E.,
I spent a year listening to you talk about leaving your husband for S., how S. was your best friend and your soul mate. I kept my mouth shut even when you had less and less time for your friends because your life was all about S. Now you complain that S. has dumped you for someone else. It doesn't feel too good, does it? Maybe next time you have an emotional affair you'll think about how it affects other people around you.
Sasha29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 09:45 AM   #112  
Amazing Revelations

S/C/G: 272/ticker/161

Height: 5ft 7

Dear guy I hooked up with 10 years ago,

I saw your Facebook page, boy you still have that smile that could melt ice.

Love, your new online stalker.
MissSMcC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 10:14 AM   #113  

S/C/G: 272/192/140

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by doingmybest View Post
Dear Mom and Dad:

Even though you have both been gone for over 10 years, I can't find the strength to forgive you. It is only through your absence that I have come to understand the terrible effect that you both had on me.

Why did you beat me repeatedly (often with a belt), tell me I was mentally ******ed and that I wouldn't have much of a future, tell me that I was too stupid and weak to go to a major university, tell me that I was fat and dumb and no man would ever want me, that every decision I make is wrong, that my husband is a loser and my career will fail? Why did you ruin every holiday, graduation, birthday? Why did you refuse to give me any financial help when I was struggling, but helped my siblings? You were rich - you could have helped a little! Why did you destroy our family? Why did you take pleasure in hurting and manipulating your children? I am afraid that I will spend the rest of my life hating you both.

So in response to how you treated me, here is a summary for you: I graduated from one of the world's top universities with honors, and then I graduated from law school, I married a wonderful man and we have been together for 34 years, I have a good career and many great friends. I volunteer my heart, time and money to important causes, and I have a lot of fun. You are right about one thing - I am still fat, and yet men enjoy my company and two have actually hit on me recently! So I say to you both: F you! You were wrong to do what you did. Just because I was always fat didn't mean that I didn't deserve a happy life.

Dear Me:

Grow up, get over it and let it go! You have already wasted too much time on people who don't deserve you. Everything they did was their crap, not yours. Move on! You don't have to spend any more energy trying to prove that they were wrong. Focus only on what makes you happy and healthy.

I just thought that I would post this in case anyone else struggles with this.
thinin08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 12:08 PM   #114  
Starting over sucks.

S/C/G: 485/445/250

Height: 6'1

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernMaven View Post
To all my 20-something young cousins on facebook:

I appreciate all of you. You're a beautiful, smart, well-educated & well-intentioned group of people.

But for your own good, I'd recommend you refrain from going overboard with your "I have all the answers to solve the problems of the world" postings.

Because sadly, you don't.

You're just not wise enough to realize that yet.

It was bad enough when we were young and we used to do the same thing; the difference was, we didn't have the internet to save our "wisdom" for all eternity. Ours was mostly oral; when we got older and realized the error of our ways, it was easier to deny we ever said/thought/believed such nonsense.

Not so for you.
I often say that it seems most people are hoping that their Facebook pages will just magically disappear by the time their children are able to read it.

Dear drama queen with a keyboard;

You must be a beast to live with in real life, judging by your emails. You are not the center of the universe, well, at least not mine. Walk away from the monitor and go live a little.
Radiojane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 06:48 PM   #115  
mam1958

S/C/G: 307/267/160

Height: 5'6"

Doingmybest I can so relate to you in so many ways.

Dear Coci,

You are evil. I truly believe that. Cause no god loving person could act and do the things you do and still think they are so loved...

News flash EVERYONE hates you.

You abused me emotional and physically all my childhood. You still tormented me until just recently. When Uncle died. Pretty bad when your own family didn't mention you in the obit people where told if you come you were not welcome...

Sadly it took me 55 years to realize this but I do now I am now free of you. Then you try to drag me into your scheme against your daughter. No thanks I have a life.

I have a wonderful husband the man of my dreams... Your husband was a pervert. You were the town slut so you 2 deserved each other.

I no longer think anything is wrong with me like you liked to tell me. It is YOU!!!

I am FREE of you. You no longer exist for me.

Dear ex-boyfriend I sure am the best thing you ever had too bad for you you left me for the slut.

Bringing her into my home town after you broke my heart, was just pure torture but I survive. What did you want me to do beg for you to come back? I am better off without you.

Dear self, You are now free to go on with your life free of these miserable people who showed so little concern for you.
mam1958 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 03:14 PM   #116  
Cat Cuddler

S/C/G: 287/266/150

Height: 5'5"

Dear thinin08: thank you so much for the very nice hug. It means a lot to me.

Dear mam1958: I am so sorry for the pain you have suffered. I wish you all of the happiness in the world.
doingmybest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 06:47 PM   #117  
mam1958

S/C/G: 307/267/160

Height: 5'6"

doingmybest your very welcome we all need to stick together.

No one understands us better then we who survived abuse.

Take care ((((((HUGS)))))
mam1958 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 07:14 PM   #118  
172pds now

S/C/G: 170 PDS. 180/170/130

Height: 5 foot and 3 inches

dEAR- FAT IN MY BODY-ONE WEEK i LOSE 5 PDS AND NOW GAINED 1 PD---

WISH 100 DEGREES WHERE i LIVE.WOULD GO AWAY
sasyblond401 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 03:22 AM   #119  
Updating my software ;)

S/C/G: KGs: 82 / ?? / 55

Height: 5ft

Dear life,

What happened? Everything was going great until 1.5 weeks ago. I know my body has always conspired against me, but you too? I went through all that **** for nothing... first 11 then 7 and now 0.
Is this because I'm cynical and negative? Punishment? Just remember that I had to develop those points of view somehow...

From,
Grief
Rhiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 01:03 PM   #120  

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'4"

Dear Supervisor at Work,

You are an ineffectual leader and in desperate need of management training, which our employer provides at no cost to you. You really need to sign up for the next session. You have no idea how to motivate employees or improve our already dismal morale.

Love ya, mean it,
BettyBooty
BettyBooty is offline   Reply With Quote