General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 08-18-2013, 02:09 AM   #1  
Jillian stole my abs!

S/C/G: 195.8/138/140

Height: 5'5"

Default The inlaws!

OMG!

For the most part my inlaws are great people and I really do love them.

However recent circumstances are driving me up the wall!

Earlier this spring they chose to buy a home at the lake, to retire and fish. Yay! They deserve it. I'm happy for them.

In the mean time, the gramma of 97, passes. Sad.

However this means that 4 farms and 3 living children, plus one who passed last year, his still living wife who is in the home and her son who is running her stuff, and gramma's house in town are now all in limbo and everyone thinks everyone is screwing everyone!

I have to hand it to the DH. He's been a trooper, helping his folks with auctioning off the last of the farm things they had so they can move and hold their hands with the estate stuff, but it's getting out of hand.

He can't even turn around and his dad is calling, he's getting screwed. He really isn't, he's just twitterpated, stressed out, and being silly.

So, I get the joyful job as a spouse of hearing about all the *****ing.

GRR!

Patience, patience, patience!
shcirerf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 08:20 AM   #2  
Aloha nui loa

Height: 6'0

Nothing like death to bring out the greedy vulture in people. I've so been there! Hang in there.
MauiKai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 08:28 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 215/188/150

Height: 5'4"

It's situations like these that make us realize that we have to do better by our kids. Make sure you have a will and that everything is divided exactly how you want it, giving no room for sibling fights to break out in the future.
Palestrina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 09:20 AM   #4  
beautiful bright soul :)

S/C/G: 296 / 171 / 150

Oh dear, that sounds frustrating indeed! Glad you came to vent about it. Eventually this will be over... In the meantime, I hope you hang in there and I wish you the best of lucking getting through this time in the smoothest and most pleasant way possible!

Last edited by belovedspirit; 08-18-2013 at 09:21 AM.
belovedspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 03:01 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 183/166/135

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wannabeskinny View Post
It's situations like these that make us realize that we have to do better by our kids. Make sure you have a will and that everything is divided exactly how you want it, giving no room for sibling fights to break out in the future.
EXACTLY. But you know what? Even if the will is spelled out, fights still break out. Going through that right now, and the will is very specific, yet there are still arguments and bad feelings about how the person who passed would have FELT about the decisions being made. SIGH.
BreathingSpace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 10:18 PM   #6  
Jillian stole my abs!

I have done a good job of staying out of the whole thing.

I missed the inlaws auction, which I actually wanted to go to, but my co worker was on vacation and I could not get off work. Oh well.

So, anyway, last night we are getting ready to go to our grand daughters birthday party.

The dh's dad show's up to drop off their gift as they are to beat to go. I understand. But then, Grandpa gets off on a tangent about all the stuff and then I'm acting patient, while personally chomping at the bit. Dude! We need to go!

We ended up being about 15 minutes late. Then we get out of the car at the party and the Dh's greedy younger brother calls! I was so tempted to grab my husbands cell phone and have total coniption fit! Eyes bulging, hair on fire, lightening out my nose and thunder out my ears!

The will is actually cut and dried! No room for silly stuff, it's just that they are all paranoid and greedy!
Old 08-18-2013, 10:21 PM   #7  
Jillian stole my abs!

Patience will pay off, I know this, but in the meantime, *AGGGGGG*