General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 08-12-2013, 09:22 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 293/ticker/170

Height: 5'6"

Default I, and many others, need your help...

As many of you may know, I work part time in the finance department at a non profit that specializes in helping the disabled live normal lives. For the past 5 years, the state of Georgia has been under funding us and many other non profits, well below the statutes they themselves set in place. This has impaired the ability of many organizations to properly care for these people, many of which who do not have family who are able to care for them. We are always understaffed and our care takers are grossly underpaid due to trying to meet the needs of these individuals. A class action law suit has been filed by several providers in efforts to assure the state system operates fairly and equitably, by impacting state policies and funding.

I would love if you would take a moment of your time to view the news story. If you slide the bar to about 13:00 (of 31:50 minutes) you will get to the beginning of the news piece.

I know many of you do not reside in Georgia, but getting the word out helps....the more views the video gets the more pressure the media will put on the state. Thanks...and sorry for my blatantly obvious agenda here....
zoesmom is offline   Reply With Quote