General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 08-06-2013, 06:26 PM   #1  
Started IP 10/21/15

S/C/G: 243/238.8/170

Height: 5'4"

Default Best thing this summer!!!!

How-dee ya'll!!

I've read through some of the recent posts on 3FC and I've noticed a theme of either anger, depression, or 100% focus on weight loss. I'm not saying these are bad posts, but I thought we could use a nice light-hearted discussion

Summer is almost over...I think I just depressed myself by typing that. What is the best thing you did, or that happened to you this summer?

There were so many fun moments this year, but I have to say the best thing that happened all summer was being able to trust my dog enough to let her off leash.

She is my little snuggle bug, but if she sees a rabbit or squirrel she suddenly looses the ability to hear, it's a medical miracle how it returns when she is ready. Finally, at a bar-b-q I decided to take a chance and set her free. Once we established the boundaries she did amazing!!
PreciousMissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 06:44 PM   #2  
Aloha nui loa

Height: 6'0

This summer hasn't been so great for me, lost my Father in law, then had a car accident (not my fault!) that I am still recovering from. However, I've got a vacation coming up, so I'm hoping that will be epic and awesome!
MauiKai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 06:47 PM   #3  
Fat to Fab and Fit

S/C/G: 190/151.2/122

Height: 5'3"

My son's baseball games!
Sum38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 06:51 PM   #4  
I think I'm losing it!

S/C/G: Highest 350 308/220/160

Height: 5'5"

This is a great idea! The best thing I did this summer was start attending a Barre Exercise class. It's something new for the summer at my gym, and I had done it before at a private studio, but couldn't spare the $$ to keep it up. I was thrilled when they started offering classes at my gym.

Just yesterday, my teacher commented that I am shrinking! (BIG SMILE!) I didn't think she really noticed me as an individual (it's a big class), but she's very proud of the progress I'm making and wanted me to know it. I was thrilled! Which is a BIG thing for me, because I usually shy away from that kind of attention and don't like my weight loss noticed. Even as she was talking to me, I was thinking to myself, "You're actually glad she said complimented you. This is not your normal reaction."

So, that's progress! Maybe I'm getting my head into the right space to actually hang on to the weight loss this time.

Last edited by AwShucks; 08-06-2013 at 06:53 PM.
AwShucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 07:41 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 270/260s/120

Height: 5'1"

The best thing that happened to me the entire summer is that I got to spend indoors the majority of it, only ventured outside to go to my job. I swear I'm not being sarcastic or mean. I live in Texas and the weather has been so horrible. Triple digits. Horrendous.
LadyPetite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 08:47 AM   #6  
Dropweight Diva

S/C/G: 245/ticker/160

Height: 5'6"

I can't choose! Either seeing beautiful Savannah for the first time, finding out I have a permanent teaching position next year, running my first mile without stopping in my entire life, or the bachelorette weekend getaway where I reconnected with an old and dear friend.

It has been a great summer, but I didn't get done NEAR what I had planned to. I always over plan my summers.
Song of Surly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 09:02 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

My beautiful nieces wedding! I love my nieces and nephews as if they were my own. This one has always had a very special place in my heart
Bellamack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 09:07 AM   #8  
Heidi

S/C/G: 204.5/149/153

Height: 5'7"

We had a wonderful Friday night kayak trip followed by a picnic, all 4 of us, wonderful weather, everyone happy.

Either that or... We had a great time at a Pirates game last weekend. Again, all 4 of us, beautiful weather, everyone happy. The Pirates won, and there was a beautiful fireworks display over the river, afterwards.

Both evenings felt magical.
newleaf123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 11:01 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 246/246/135

Height: 5'6

I can't choose one, so here are three!

My wedding dress arrived at the bridal shop and I got to try it on. It is still a tad too small (Plenty of time, I'm not worried) but I got a better look at myself in it. The sample I tried was 3 sizes too small. I might as well have ordered this dress without trying it on at all because you couldn't tell how it looked on me haha.

My fiance and I got to take a weekend trip with a couple that we are close with. We've been talking about a "just us" vacation for years and have finally done it! We usually go on vacation with about 10 other people. It was great to have a small group.

Annnnd, I got to take my little sister for a long weekend in the beginning of July. I take each of my siblings from New Jersey to Pennsylvania for a weekend around-ish their birthdays. I've been doing this since my sister was 3 and my brother was 7. It just so happened that I was meeting up with my mom on a Thursday to try on my dress so I just took her home with me after that. I got to take her to AWESOME fireworks. We went out to eat, played at an arcade, talked, snuggled (She just turned 10 lol), played video games, made matching necklaces. It was a really great time.

Last edited by Daki; 08-07-2013 at 11:09 AM.
Daki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 11:17 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 190/136/133

Height: 5'-5"

I stared bike commuting to work! At 32 miles round trip, it's a good workout!
Trail Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 12:40 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyPetite View Post
The best thing that happened to me the entire summer is that I got to spend indoors the majority of it, only ventured outside to go to my job. I swear I'm not being sarcastic or mean. I live in Texas and the weather has been so horrible. Triple digits. Horrendous.
I can relate to that in reverse; I live in semi Northern Canada and winter is horrifically cold. Horrifically hot or horrifically cold is the same I think.You just inspired me to get out for a nice long walk while the weather is nice.

The best thing about my summer is that I am flying to the other side of Canada to where I grew up next week. While I am there we are having a reunion of the girls who went through school together in our small town to celebrate turning 65 this year.

I have not lost all the weight I have been working on over the years but I was about the fattest when we graduated and now I am one of the closest to normal weight for my age and height judging by all the grandmother pictures on FB. Granted just about everyone looks fantastic with beautiful skin and hair.

I'm not blowing my own horn but am training myself to remember how far I have come even if I haven't been perfect.

Enjoy the rest of the summer, I won't even think it is almost over because it is so brief here and I should have some wonderful hot days when I go to the east coast next week.
patns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 04:40 PM   #12  
Started IP 10/21/15

S/C/G: 243/238.8/170

Height: 5'4"

I love reading all of the wonderful posts! If you don't appreciate the good days, no matter how minor, then it feels like you never have them.
PreciousMissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 05:41 PM   #13  
Lose 1lb. Repeat 99 times

S/C/G: 262/signature/170

I have a lot of good things that happened during summer..

Number one being able to fit into smaller clothes and wear dresses!!
Number two - my mom came to stay with me for the summer and the look on her face when she saw me so many pounds lighter was priceless I did do my best to refrain from eating all the awesome food that moms know how to cook but all in all just having mom around fussing and bickering and being all mom-ish is absolutely wonderful... no matter how old you get
Number three - spending all the summer weekends with the bf doing things that have never been done before (running my first 5K, beach time, road trips to down south) really made this summer special. Boo! that it's over even before it started though

wow.. thanks PreciousMissy - you just made me count my blessings and made my day a whole lot better. life isn't so bad, it's good when you focus on the positives!!

Last edited by nitrus29; 08-07-2013 at 05:43 PM.
nitrus29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 10:02 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 226/174.6/160

Height: 5'6

This past weekend was the best! Drove to Hershey, PA with my sister. Went to Hersheypark, drove to Philly and walked EVERYWHERE and saw everything, and the. Topped off the trip with the Justin Timberlake/JayZ concert that was amazing!
KellinaKatrina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 08:26 PM   #15  

S/C/G: IDK

Height: 5'9

my summer has just begun lol but most of all i'm happy i passed my exams but two are still waiting for september
missunshine is offline   Reply With Quote