General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 07-28-2013, 11:14 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 150/150/125

Height: 5'5"

Default Stupid bf cooking late

Literally ive told him a billion times i hate eating late and he doesnt give a ****. Im not about to eat a ribeye at 9pm when i have to go to bed early for work. I never even get to sit down with him because he cooks so late. Im so irritated right now im hungry and i was really looking forward to a nice steak but no.

I swear we have this fight every week and i only get him on the weekends.
iixi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 11:23 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 150/150/125

Sorry for the rant but urrghh! Its like tell me how to cook the ******* if youre gonna do other things
iixi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 11:23 PM   #3  

My DH does this. He has poor time estimation I think. IF he cooks which is rare because he really doesnt cook anything not from a box or loaded with fat, he takes forever to get his **** together. I know it takes him 3x longer to cook dinner than me, so by 5pm I'm bugging him because I'm hungry and the kids need to eat with enough time before bed to have their food settled and not drnk a full drink right before bed. So its like after 6 by the time he starts "preparing"...and when he cooks we are sitting down close to 8, their bed time not to mention I'm starving. I dont want to snack before dinner but being starving make it hard to portion control because I could eat a horse. Late dinners are counterproductive to weightloss for me.

I wish I could offer advice, but I have none. I just end up cooking so we eat at a normal hour. :/
GlamourGirl827 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 11:28 PM   #4  
Lifelong Alaskan!

S/C/G: 230/180/150

that sounds really frustrating to have to eat late and not have control over when dinner gets done

I do 99% of the cooking around here but that's because I enjoy it and was also raised to believe that the mom does the cooking....on days when I work late doing my staff meetings or when i'm doing board of director meetings, my DH feeds the kids but it's just cup o noodles or something...LOL but they LOVE when daddy feeds them dinner too
alaskanlaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 11:34 PM   #5  
I got this

S/C/G: 206/162/135

Height: a little over 5'2

I'm sorry, iixi. That sucks! Maybe get some type of frozen meals like lean cuisine, lean pockets, amy's, etc or simple dinners (sandwiches, salads, hard boiled eggs, cheese, cottage cheese, nuts, etc) in case this happens again?
amandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 01:44 PM   #6  
Here to Learn

S/C/G: 225/140/135

I think this is a common issue. Mine isn't so much that my DH cooks late (although he's later than me, but mainly because I get home earlier than him) but that he cooks stuff that isn't on plan for me. I'm trying to eat paleo style and then he'll go and make pasta. A few times I've just told him, "For the next month, you're on your own for dinner. I'm cooking for me, and you can cook for you, because we don't eat the same things."
EagleRiverDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 01:50 PM   #7  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

I cook but I often want to eat earlier than my husband so I do. He doesn't like that I don't eat with him all the time but really, it isn't my fault we are on different schedules. I get up earlier, I eat earlier and that is just how it is. On the weekends, we tend to eat together but during the week, generally no.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote