General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 07-26-2013, 10:34 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 240/216/150

Height: 5'8"

Default What to wear???

Ok, so I've posted recently about some forays into the dating world that weren't awesome. I'm happy to report that I recently met a guy on a dating site and he is...amazing. He's probably the most attractive person I've ever gone out with and he's brilliant and successful and hilarious. I'm trying not to get my hopes/expectations up too much because we've only been on one date (but it did last 8 hours!).

Tomorrow, he's giving me a tour of the place he works (this sounds boring, but he has a very cool job at a very cool place that people often tour).

What do I wear???

It is very, very hot down here and there will be a reasonable amount of walking. We will probably go for drinks afterward, somewhere casual.

I don't want him to notice how fat I really am!! He is not skinny, but I'm definitely a little wider than him, which bothers me. I'm trying not to let it, but I'm self-conscious (most of my exes have been really big).

What do you wear that makes you feel good? What styles are the best on bigger girls?

I think I have decent legs for a big girl (at least until you get pretty far up the thigh-area). I was thinking about wearing a skirt, but I'm worried about chub-rub.

I also have good boobs, and I don't mind showing a bit of cleavage, but I don't want to wear anything that shows my fat upper-arms. Usually, I'd wear a camisole with a little sweater over it, but it's too hot for that and I think it would look like I was trying to disguise my fatness.
MarjorieMargarine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 02:10 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 200/ticker/130

Height: 5'2

I'm no fashionista but how about a skirt and blouse??

or maybe a pencil skirt? I don't know how fancy that might be though, I'm awful at putting outfits together so hopefully someone can help you! But if it was me, and I was touring a museum or something like a flowing skirt, blouse tucked in with some cute sandals? I like to show my curves because it's the only way I dont look short/square/fatter lol If I find some out fits i'll post them on here!
hhm6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 02:15 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 200/ticker/130

Height: 5'2

http://www.fashionpluss.com/lord-and...us-size-dress/

http://www.google.com/imgres?um=1&cl...16&tx=97&ty=50

http://s6.thisnext.com/media/largest...n/3FECE7E6.jpg

http://pinterest.com/melbarudy/plus-...kirts-outfits/

These are a few places I used to look for outfits, hope they help!
hhm6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 12:45 PM   #4  
I think I'm losing it!

S/C/G: Highest 350 308/220/160

Height: 5'5"

Definitely give your outfit a trial run if you haven't worn it before. Nothing like being uncomfortable in your clothes when all you want to do is project confidence. If you're proud of your legs, then show them off. You can always wear something under the skirt to cut the chafing, or there are products available - (there's a thread about it here somewhere)

Cute summer dresses always look cool in the heat. Something feminine and flirty will be a good contrast to his usual work environment. You're going into HIS world -- you want to stand out as unique and refreshing. Have fun and let us know how it goes!
AwShucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 01:57 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 183/166/135

Height: 5'6"

Maxi dress!!! It's perfect because it hides your legs but still keeps you cool, you could get one with short sleeves and still show a bit of cleavage. Dress it up with a bunch of cute bangles/bracelets, or cool feather earrings and some wedges or flat sandals.
BreathingSpace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 07:18 PM   #6  
Vegetarian college girl

S/C/G: 185/157/140

Height: 5'9"

^I second the maxi dress suggestion! You could seriously work it since you're on the tall side
wtfudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 12:28 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 240/216/150

Height: 5'8"

Thanks ladies! I ended up wearing a knee-length ruffled black skirt with a black camisole and a short-sleeved blue sweater. It was cute and appropriate. The date went great- we are definitely seeing each other again. I am kind of self-conscious that he is skinnier than me, but I will try and get used to it!
MarjorieMargarine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 12:51 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 183/166/135

Height: 5'6"

Yay! I love updates :-)
BreathingSpace is offline   Reply With Quote