General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 08-12-2013, 07:45 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 323/Weight Tracker/150

Height: 5'6"

Default Blizzcon 2013

Hello! Was wondering if anyone from the forums is going to Blizzcon this year?? It's my first year going, and I am pretty nervous and excited!!

Even though I no longer play World of Warcraft, I still love the lore behind WoW, and the musical scores.
ShyHeather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 02:01 AM   #2  
Mom jeans are cool,right?

Cool! My SO and I played for a couple years and thought about trying to go to Blizzcon but never did. I quit playing a few years ago but SO is playing starwars.
CoolMom75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 04:43 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 221/196.3/130

Height: 5'2

I am so jealous!!!!

Blizzcon is on my bucket list lol!! I still play (For the Horde!), and many of my guildies help support my weight loss I'm excited to see what they announce as far as the next expansion, and I'm hoping to hear more about Hearthstone, as well (I used to play Magic: The Gathering too, so Hearthstone will be a win-win for me!). I have all the WoW soundtracks on my ipod lol! Blizzard does amazing music for their games!

I'll be getting the DirecTV package (I'm a pet collector...542 unique pets and counting!), so I'll get to experience some of the fun stuff, but I'm sure it can't even compare to the pure awesomeness of actually being there with thousands of others who share(d) the same hobby as you!

I'm not sure if you follow WoWInsider (wow.joystiq.com), but they usually do a party on one of the evenings with a bunch of their writers, fans and guildies, and from what I've read people have so much fun that even if they don't get a ticket to blizzcon, some will travel to Anaheim that weekend just for that party lol!

I really hope you have a wonderful time!!!
Buffinlovin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 10:39 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 246/246/135

Height: 5'6

I wish! But I'll definitely be paying attention to it, even though I'm not currently playing. I wish I was still playing but most of my real life friends have moved on from it and the guild friends I had also moved on. So I get bored and lonely lol.

WoW has utterly changed the course of my life. Even if I never play it again (yeah right) it'll always have a special place in my heart. I met my fiance and more than half of my real life group of friends in that game.

(FTH)

Last edited by Daki; 08-13-2013 at 10:40 AM.
Daki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 10:49 AM   #5  
Vex
There is no try.

S/C/G: 281/T/140

Default re:

I'd love to go to blizzcon. I'd be interested in seeing the status of their new game - I think it's called Titan.
Vex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 11:38 AM   #6  
apple to apple core

S/C/G: 275/215/175

Height: 5'7"

Aw, have a great time and let us know how you like it!

I would love to go at some point, but I'm not near the west coast and logistics would be a pain. I did go to DragonCon in Atlanta a few years back.

I have played casually for years, and still do. I sometimes catch myself reaching for the phantom bowl of chips/snacks when I raid >< I'm pretty sure my eating-while-gaming habit was a contributory factor in my weight gain, lol.

amg, Buffinlovin , WoW soundtracks
TooWicky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 01:30 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 221/196.3/130

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by TooWicky View Post
Aw, have a great time and let us know how you like it!

I would love to go at some point, but I'm not near the west coast and logistics would be a pain. I did go to DragonCon in Atlanta a few years back.

I have played casually for years, and still do. I sometimes catch myself reaching for the phantom bowl of chips/snacks when I raid >< I'm pretty sure my eating-while-gaming habit was a contributory factor in my weight gain, lol.

amg, Buffinlovin , WoW soundtracks
This....snacking while raiding/leveling alts/farming has been the hardest thing to get over!!!!! I do believe that playing WoW is what contributed to my weight gain, but now I find it to be a welcome distraction from boredom snacking too, so it's a double-edged sword, lol! As long as I don't keep snacks on my desk, I'm okay haha!!

Quote:
I'd love to go to blizzcon. I'd be interested in seeing the status of their new game - I think it's called Titan
I think Titan is just a working title, but yea, I'm super excited to see what it's going to be!! I'm not sure if they're going to announce anything this time around at Blizzcon for it They just had to overhaul a bunch of things from what I've read due to changes in technology and such, and that's probably going to set it back a bit >.< I'm awful because I both don't want to look at information pertaining to it (so I can be surprised and excited), and then the next moment I want to go read all the spoilers I can so that I know what it's all about!
Buffinlovin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 03:25 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 323/Weight Tracker/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vex View Post
I'd love to go to blizzcon. I'd be interested in seeing the status of their new game - I think it's called Titan.
Project Titan, and as far as I know its either been moved to the back burner or starting over from scratch. I hope that those two rumors were created to surprise Blizzcon goers. If not, I'm sorry to say I will be a little unhappy. Might have to go back on my druid just to rage kill lol...

Rumor mill also shows the next expansion leading us back to the Outlands. That would be pretty awesome if so.

As for the soundtracks, yup, have that on my phone and played it during our trip to LA.
ShyHeather is offline   Reply With Quote