General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 07-02-2013, 10:20 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 331/164/164

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vex View Post
I think the fact that she already paid for her airfare tells you she fully intended to go.

By the way, her husband works for the airline. Do I hear the words "employee discount"? I think most of her flights are free or deeply discounted. In first class no less.
KittyKatFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 10:24 PM   #17  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrea85 View Post
I understand your frustration. I would be bummed if I had planned and paid for a vacation with the expectation of having a friend along, and then it was just going to be me!

However, I personally would cancel anything if my dog needed me. She's my baby! Try not to feel undervalued, it honestly probably has nothing to do with *you*. Try to turn it into something positive. See this as your chance to do everything YOU want to do! Be another person for a week.

When I first moved, I found myself doing many things on my own. Going to bars, movies, parks, etc. At first I felt a little awkward, but I soon found that if I put on a smile, I met a lot of fun people.

May I ask what part of the west coast you are going to?
Monterey/Carmel/Pacific Grove.

I would cancel for my pet too. But it's just the timing that irks me. The dog has been in decline for two weeks.

I just have to get over it and move on. I will be courteous, as she is (sadly) the closest family I have. I don't want to abandon that side of the family. But I am tired of the unreliability and the seeming lack of consideration on her part. I am looking at things to do while I am there...hiking, movies, long walks on the beach, solitude for reading. But I really wanted a companion this time around.
Old 07-02-2013, 11:44 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 252/215/150

Height: 5'10

I have one of these cousins too. I think he means well but is just disorganized, anxious and all over the place in several areas of his life. Trying to make plans with him often leaves you banging your head against the wall. You get there and find out he has nothing put together. He makes you wait for 2 hours. He didn't buy the tickets ahead of time. Stuff like that. Of course he will apologize profusely and seem genuinely sorry or pay for the whole dinner but he does it all the time. It's just his personality. I've learned to not expect too much when I make plans with him and tell him the time is sooner than it is.

Last edited by Scarlett; 07-02-2013 at 11:45 PM.
Scarlett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 11:00 PM   #19  

As an update, I went on the trip and went on some of the most challenging and rewarding hikes of my life. My cousin would have slowed me down because she isn't in great shape, so I guess there is a silver lining. I hated to leave.
Old 07-09-2013, 10:26 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 183/166/135

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlamourGirl827 View Post
I'm one of those insainly dependable type A personality people. I would never cancel last minute on someone for a pet. I don't think that's a worthy excuse knowing the situation. Now if you guys had say a day trip planned, then I could see maybe that being ok, but huge trip with airfare ($$$$), no way!

BUt I expect the same respect from others I give so that;s why I would find that unacceptable.
Yup, me too.
BreathingSpace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 12:20 PM   #21  
Krissy Missy

S/C/G: 181/see ticker/120

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyKatFan View Post
As an update, I went on the trip and went on some of the most challenging and rewarding hikes of my life. My cousin would have slowed me down because she isn't in great shape, so I guess there is a silver lining. I hated to leave.
That's great, good for you!
Missy Krissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 07:56 PM   #22  
Here to Learn

S/C/G: 225/140/135

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyKatFan View Post
Excellent. My mom always says things happen for a reason- it sounds like in this case it was true!
EagleRiverDee is offline   Reply With Quote