General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 06-06-2013, 05:16 AM   #1  

Default strapless dress for super plus size girl

I'm a first time bride, who feel in love with a strapless dress, but I'm worried that It will make me look ever bigger.
SO my question is for other plus size women, do I pick the one I fell in love with or go with a pretty dress thats more fattering but i dont love?
I am a super plus size girl 300+lbs but still an hour glass figure for the most part just a large one. I also have to consider my but as well I have a G cup.
The dress in question left one (especially love the back of the dress)
And the second dress that I dont like as much, and since Im wering a bird cage veil I also question the second dress if it goes together
Attached Images
File Type: jpg princess-wedding-dress-bg070a.jpg (23.0 KB, 128 views)
File Type: jpg 1225.jpg (21.1 KB, 115 views)
File Type: jpg princess-wedding-dress-bg070b.jpg (18.7 KB, 103 views)
adacraig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 07:18 AM   #2  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

I went with a strapless dress because it looked great on me and I weighed 260 at the time.. If you have especially large cleavage, you might want to be careful of a strapless dress or make sure it covers the girls properly. Have you tried these dresses on or are you ordering online? I say choose the one in your budget that you like the best.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 08:29 AM   #3  

S/C/G: IDK

Height: 5'9

the second one is gorgeouus!i'd go with that one or something similar that covers arms at least a bit because i have strech marks all over and i wouldn't want mine to show so much, but that's just my opinion
they are all beautiful, i'm sure you'll look great in any of them with the right hair and accessories ...good luck
missunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 08:31 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 293/ticker/170

Go with what you fall in love with...AFTER trying it on along with 700 (okay, I am exaggerating here) others. The one I fell in love with ended up not being the one that I was IN love with. (and try it on with your veil)

FWIW...Mine started off strapless, but I ended up with an empire waist and a halter top. It looked AMAZING ( and a lot more flattering) and once on my body, looked a heck of a lot better than the strapless.
zoesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 09:00 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

The first one has too much decoration on the bust for a large busted person, I say keep looking,
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 09:18 AM   #6  
Krissy Missy

S/C/G: 181/see ticker/120

Height: 5'2"

Echoing others: Be sure that you're in love with the dress after you've tried it on. There's a lot of bust detail on that strapless one and if you're a G cup chances are your breasts are prominent enough without drawing extra attention to them. I would probably go with something like the second one, and fwiw I think that the bird cage veil is an adorable style that would go just fine with that type of dress. Good luck!
Missy Krissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 09:20 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 256/251/145

Congrats! I think you should choose what you love! As long as it fits you well I don't see a problem. I have never seen a plus size bride and thought...oh no she shouldn't wear that!
scarletmeshell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 01:04 PM   #8  
Starting over sucks.

S/C/G: 485/445/250

Height: 6'1

Speaking as an H cup, I think you may find it incredibly uncomfortable in a strapless, so be sure that you try it on first. This may or may not be an option, depending on the dress, but I was a bridesmaid this past weekend, and our dresses were originally strapless, but we had straps added out of the same material. They looked EVEN BETTER with straps and I was able to wear a comfortable bra. Just an option to keep in mind.
Radiojane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 11:03 PM   #9  
emaline29

S/C/G: 226/202/154

Height: 4'11"

I agree with the fitting it on first suggestion as sometimes once it's actually worn you can see for yourself whether it will be okay. Otherwise I think you should def go with what you really want no matter what other peoples opinion is. It's your special day and you don't want to be always looking back with any regrets.
emaline29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 07:00 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 287/275/160

Go with the dress you love! You can ask them to add on straps. Maybe like the triangle shaped ones. You want to look back and be happy with what you see. not dissapointed that you couldnt get what you wanted.
pixie3208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 12:49 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

As everyone said you can really only tell by trying them on. They are beautiful.

I have seen some pictures of brides who were quite busty and the dresses they chose really showed that off but not in a flattering way. As a large busted person I'd try them on and see how comfortable you feel. Personally I love the second one, it is elegant.
patns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 02:27 PM   #12  
Wild Angels

Height: 5'2

I avoid strapless anything because of my "girls". I don't want to spend all day lifting my dress up just to cover them. You may want to reconsider that aspect and add a little strap to them, or find a bra strong enough to support the "girls" in a strapless dress.

I can't tell you how many times I've seen women in wedding dresses, and some of them were skinny by the way, who were constantly pulling up their dresses because there was no support on top. Rather ruins the elegant look you're trying to go for.
NemesisClaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 06:48 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 298/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7"

I would wear what you love and what you feel beautiful and comfortable (as much as you can anyway!) in. If you like how you look in the strapless - get it! I wore a strapless bridesmaid dress and I was plus size and I think I looked good You just have to make sure it fits right and that you have the right bra!
Lizzyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 09:38 PM   #14  
Bingo

S/C/G: 270/202.8/165

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixie3208 View Post
Go with the dress you love! You can ask them to add on straps. Maybe like the triangle shaped ones. You want to look back and be happy with what you see. not dissapointed that you couldnt get what you wanted.
^ This.
dcapulet is offline   Reply With Quote