General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 05-28-2013, 05:37 AM   #1  

S/C/G: See ticker!

Height: 5'0

Default Food That Kills

Has anyone else seen this documentary, and what do you make of it?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNCGkprGW_o

I have definitely increased my protein intake since starting to lose weight. I eat a lot of eggs, cheese, and greek yogurt especially, and meat with every dinner.

I don't cut out any food groups, but this documentary made me think and realize that I need a lot more of my calories to come from fruits and vegetables (but they are low calorie and expensive so that is very hard to do)!

I also found it surprising that when animals are fed pesticides, it seeps into the meat. I never considered that before, though it should have been obvious!

Last edited by Samantha18; 05-28-2013 at 05:38 AM.
Samantha18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 12:34 PM   #2  
Less is more.

S/C/G: 298/234/170

Height: 5'5"

The antibodies do too. I went vegitarian at the start of the year. It really helped me kick start my weight loss again. Not all veggies are low cal. Take avocados for example. Beans, lentils and nuts are high in protein and last i looked, beans are cheaper than dirt. I also gave up dairy years ago. It's a very evil industry and when i thought about it, it didn't make sense for a grow human to drink the breastmilk of a cow. Plus the hormones and the cooked pus. No thank you. plus the dairy industry is the veal industry and thats just evil. Food should feed your soul as well as it feeds your body. It took me many years of slowly eliminating red meat, then all meat and eggs. (Bit i do eat eggs from my own birds, never the store.) And it took lots of research to learn just what my body needed. As long as you eat a variety, you will have everything you need. Even so, you don't have to go all gung-ho about it. Two or three animal free days a week will be more than enough. Search out vegetarian recipies, they keep frpm falling into that salad trap.
Sakai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 12:58 PM   #3  
Embracing the suck

S/C/G: 300/234/abs

Height: 6'9"

An example of his logic:

Animal meat is solid at our body's internal tempature of 98.8 degrees, olive oil is liquid at this tempature.

Therefore - animal fat clogs our arteries, and olive oil does not.

Genius!
JohnP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 01:16 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 163/128/125

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnP View Post
An example of his logic:

Animal meat is solid at our body's internal tempature of 98.8 degrees, olive oil is liquid at this tempature.

Therefore - animal fat clogs our arteries, and olive oil does not.

Genius!
Oh John, is that why coconut oil is so evil now too?
sacha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 01:45 PM   #5  
Heading Downtown...

S/C/G: 225/165/165

Height: 5'8"

I didn't watch all of what you linked to, but if you're interested in other movies that are about plant centered/vegetarian/ vegan diets... You might be interested in "Food, Inc.", "Forks Over Knives", "Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead", "Hungry for Change", "Vegucated", etc.

Personally, I believe that vegetarian and vegan diets can be perfectly healthy... So good luck without whatever you chose...

And even those in the paleo community I think would ideally like to move away from factory farming and only eat grass fed and pastured, humanely raised animals... preferably from local farms... But of course that's impossible for most people unfortunately...
TripSwitch is offline   Reply With Quote