General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 05-23-2013, 12:56 PM   #1  
Pending Email Confirmation

S/C/G: 162 / 151 / 135

Height: 5"6'

Default Abercrombie Finally Apologizes For Excluding Large Women

I don't know if you've been following all of the drama surrounding Abercrombie & Fitch. A few years ago, the CEO made some public comments about how he doesn't want 'uncool kids', 'unattractive people', and 'women who wear a size large or bigger' wearing his company's clothes.

There's a now viral video asking viewers to donate their A&F clothes to the homeless in an effort to force A&F to change...

Jes Baker, a blogger and self-described “fat model”, posted an open letter to the CEO on her blog with images of herself modeling A&F's clothes in mock ads.

Protests have been held and online petitions have been started...

Finally the company has released a statement apologizing and promising to take steps to change.

businessinsider.com/abercrombie-apologizes-for-ceo-comments-2013-5

Last edited by PaleoPeanut; 05-23-2013 at 12:56 PM.
PaleoPeanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 01:24 PM   #2  
F - Yeah, I'm doing this.

S/C/G: 297/*Ticker*/175

Height: 5'10"

Fitch, please. (Ellen reference )

That tool can apologize till he's blue in the face and I will never step foot in a store or even consider buying their crappy cookie cutter clothes. Ever.

However I am glad that they are changing their tune, for the sake of the young and impressionable
Silverfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 01:29 PM   #3  
Starting over sucks.

S/C/G: 485/445/250

Height: 6'1

The stuff the guy said just screamed "I was picked on in high school and I want to punish the world for it". Honestly, he just sounded pathetic to me. I wouldn't shop there if I could fit the clothes. All they have is the label going for them.
Radiojane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 01:54 PM   #4  
Miraculous Amus Babus ;)

S/C/G: 271/217/140

Wink

This is an interesting story to follow but it sounds like a really lame apology, like he was 'forced' into it or thought he 'should' apologize and that's why he did. I didn't read the article and I don't want to waste my time reading it but that is what I gather from this. Some people aren't worth my time.

:

seabiscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 01:58 PM   #5  
Started IP 10/21/15

S/C/G: 243/238.8/170

Height: 5'4"

*pffft*

Why is he apologizing? Because he sees the error of his ways, or because it's hurting his bottom line?

This is what I'm hearing..."ok, fiiiine, I'm sorry...there...are you satisfied???"

Besides, according to the article, it wasn't the CEO who apologized, it was the "company" in a "release".

(OP, I hope I didn't sound as if I was attacking your post...this is just a passionate topic for me)
PreciousMissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 07:19 PM   #6  

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by PreciousMissy View Post
*pffft*

Why is he apologizing? Because he sees the error of his ways, or because it's hurting his bottom line?

This is what I'm hearing..."ok, fiiiine, I'm sorry...there...are you satisfied???"

Besides, according to the article, it wasn't the CEO who apologized, it was the "company" in a "release".

(OP, I hope I didn't sound as if I was attacking your post...this is just a passionate topic for me)
Ditto!
Natlyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 08:55 PM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by PreciousMissy View Post
*pffft*

Yup this is what I thought when I heard about the apology!
GlamourGirl827 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 11:26 PM   #8  

Didn't their stock take a loss recently? Shareholders must have been ticked, hence the apology. But sometimes it's too little too late.
elvislover324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 12:07 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 210/187/160

Height: 5'7

Too late. Didn't buy their clothes before and definitely not buying it when I lose weight.
Ambrosia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 12:26 AM   #10  
MF 3/31/13

S/C/G: 261/ticker/155 for now

Height: 5'2"

Publicity. Stunt.
SuperHeroTeacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 10:31 AM   #11  
New-b

S/C/G: 219/ticker/155

Height: 5ft

Lol @ Fitch please!

And asking customers to donate Their clothes? Rather than the co donating? I have 5 daughters, I shared this story with them and we definitely won't put another Fitch product on.
WannaB2cute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 02:44 PM   #12  
young and sweeeet only 17

S/C/G: 140/130/110

Thumbs down

He was obviously targeting superficial high school kids who want to be cool but it totally 100% backfired. I don't know if it's just where I live or like this all over the country, but I am a junior in high school and it's MUCH cooler if you have a quirky fashion sense that no one else has. Therefore none of us even shop there, and now we definitely won't...
SwallowedintheSea is offline   Reply With Quote