General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 05-21-2013, 07:11 PM   #31  
Warrior Princess

I only get annoyed when I see "doosh" instead of douche.
novangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 07:18 PM   #32  

Quote:
Originally Posted by novangel View Post
I only get annoyed when I see "doosh" instead of douche.
omg...so it would be a "wouche" we get, not woosh? So many freakin' rules around here!!
elvislover324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 07:27 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 310/*look*/140

Height: 5'9

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnP View Post
I don't think your going to offend anyone. Even if english isn't you're first languange lose and loose are pretty easy to keep seperated.
^This is hilarious. It does not bother me when people spell a word incorrectly (or employ an improper contraction). I make mistakes like this all the time. Often I know the correct spelling/usage, but didn't take the time to edit. This is a forum after all, I'm not trying to write a term paper. Such details are not essential to constructive communication.
Lecomtes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 01:29 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 183/166/135

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Doll View Post
LOL! That bugs me, too, except when it's in a text convo. My boyfriend texts "ur" and "u" and it doesn't bother me because it's for conveience. However, when a board post, email, FB message, FB status update etc is littered with "wat" "dis" "ppl" etc it drives me bonkers!!
To me, there is no excuse for that nonsense on FB if you are typing from a computer. If you are typing from your phone, there's a nifty little thing called shortcuts. "wat" will automatically turn into "what" and "ur" will automatically turn into "your".

Anyway, the lose versus loose thing drives me so insane that I actually ignore any post if someone has used it incorrectly in the title. You are on a weight loss forum. It's ALL ABOUT LOSING WEIGHT. It's not some random word that no one uses.

It would be like me going to a Harry Potter forum (which I know nothing about) and misspelling.... "Muggles". There, I just googled that. I never knew that word existed but somehow... I managed to spell it correctly!

Last edited by BreathingSpace; 05-22-2013 at 01:29 PM.
BreathingSpace is offline   Reply With Quote