General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 05-06-2013, 01:42 AM   #16  
beautiful bright soul :)

S/C/G: 296 / 171 / 150

Aww I'm beaming over here. So happy to hear you had a great time! Way to go! !!!!! Keep us posted.

Last edited by belovedspirit; 05-06-2013 at 01:43 AM.
belovedspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 12:02 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 250/135.8/13?

Height: 5'6"

Belovedspirit, thank you This I why I love 3chicks, people are so supportive of others :')
flashfacts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 12:06 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 377/257/220

Height: 6'1

Us Texan men are raised to treat a woman if you ask them out. A lady never pays, open doors, gets out of her seat or even lights a cig without the man assisting or asking if they can be so kind as to help. Just a bit of cowboy raising is what we do.
bbmains is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 12:17 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 250/135.8/13?

Height: 5'6"

Haha, bbmains, well I'm happy to report that my Texas raised date was a perfect gentleman in every respect to this recent transplant, all the way out here in Houston. So Texas men's reputation is safe for another day
flashfacts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 01:08 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 240/216/150

Height: 5'8"

So glad you updated so we could see how your date went!

I was just going to chime in with advice for the future re: paying and ordering.

I know a lot of other people said "order the cheapest thing." I don't do that, even when I know someone else is paying. If I were paying, I wouldn't want someone else to do that/feel that way. If you think about it from your perspective, if you were going to pay, would you want someone to think, "Well, I really want x, but y is $2 cheaper." Of course not! At the same time, the etiquette advice I've heard is "order from the middle of the menu." This is helpful because, in many restaurants where prices are not listed, the entrees are quietly organized by cost, with the items in the middle being in the mid-range of prices.

Also, if he continues to insist on paying, the remedy is not to start a fight over the check, but to come up with other ways for you to foot the bill for the entertainment- such as inviting him over and cooking dinner for him or asking him to accompany you to an event for which you already have tickets.
MarjorieMargarine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 03:26 PM   #21  

S/C/G: crazy/working/calm

Height: 5'8"

Yay, Flashfacts!

So happy to hear that things went well!!! As a new-ish addition to the dating pool myself (and right around your age range), it's just always helpful to get feedback from other people about what they consider "normal" or polite.

Keep us posted about date #2!!!
Alexistrophic is offline   Reply With Quote