General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 05-02-2013, 05:57 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 175.6/173/135 & Fit

Height: 5ft8

Default Teenage Hot Spots in Malls / Nervous

I know not all malls have same same thing so pleas list popular stores. I am going the mall with my guy friend to clothes shop as a reward on either May 26th or June 1st. Idk yet.

But... and this really sad... I haven't really had friends that you hang out with... or see.... or really talk to that often. Till just recently. So I am afraid I'll be socially awkward. I am so nervous. It's one of the reasons... in fact it IS the reason I'm in therapy... Any advice on what not to do? I'm SO SO SO nervous.

And also it's because of all that, that... I haven't been to the mall in YEARS. I mean i think i went once with my mom a year ago but I was off my meds and stressed and I blocked it all out. So i can't really remember it. I like cute skinny jeans. Cutely designed tops. Tops that appeal to teenagers. Any store recommendations? Multiple stores would be just perfect!

Last edited by wolfgirl69; 05-02-2013 at 06:58 PM.
wolfgirl69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 06:31 PM   #2  
Started IP 10/21/15

S/C/G: 243/238.8/170

Height: 5'4"

Well, my suggestion would be to go to the mall's website and look at the list of stores, and then go to the store's website. This will give you an idea of the clothes they sell.

Knowing what to expect really helps me with my anxiety. If it's somewhere new I'll look online for maps, look for things that I would like to do...things like that. Then I feel a sense of comfort because I'm not walking in blind.

And, all teenagers are awkward in their own way. I think you'll have a wonderful time!
PreciousMissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 07:30 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 175.6/173/135 & Fit

Height: 5ft8

Thank you so much! I hope so! I am terrified of social interaction but I want it so bad. So I have to get over this!

Last edited by wolfgirl69; 05-02-2013 at 10:42 PM.
wolfgirl69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 11:45 PM   #4  
Hi, I'm Lauren! :)

S/C/G: SW:209 / CW:184/ GW:~160

Height: 5'4

My favorite stores in my mall:

Forever 21
American Eagle
Delia's
Charlotte Russe
Love Culture

You might also find something you like in places like Aeropostale, Abercrombie, and Hollister. Those are pretty popular, but I don't really like them. Aeropostale's too young for me and the other two are too expensive.
mimsyborogoves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 09:07 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 95/Ticker/70

Height: 170cm

hey there! As someone who is socially awkward and panics when in a social situation and not sure how to act, i totally get your nervousness. Add the stress of buying pants and then whoa! have you watched Youtube?? a lot of girls now do "shopping hauls" and it gives you an idea of the styles and where to get them. If you jsut look up shopping haul or clothing haul in youtube it will list thousands of them! good luck and post a pic of what you bought
mascara blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 10:28 AM   #6  
Warrior Princess

I hate spending a lot of money on clothes so I love Old Navy. Really cute stuff whether you're a teen or an old fart like me. I ordered a pair of Rock Star skinny jeans for work online (yes, online! Haven't done that in 100 years) and they fit like a charm. They weren't available in store.

The mall makes me nervous too, I don't like crowds. My palms get sweaty and heart gets racy. Just go and walk around to get used to it. Exposure therapy works the best.
novangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 06:31 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 182/ticker/130

Height: 5'2"

TJ Maxx or Marshalls are good. There's a lot of variety and discounted designer clothes
GordonGirl16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 07:13 PM   #8  
MF 3/31/13

S/C/G: 261/ticker/155 for now

Height: 5'2"

My 16-year-old daughter loves H&M. They're stylish, have a wide range of styles/sizes and are relatively inexpensive.
SuperHeroTeacher is offline   Reply With Quote