General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 04-18-2013, 12:48 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 344/311/140

Height: 5'6

Default Just a little vent session!

Please feel free to jump in with your own venting!

Vent # 1 - My fiance keeps eating my healthy snacks!! I wouldn't care, and wouldn't mind sharing, but he has made it clear he is not ready to lose weight. When we went shopping I bought my healthy things, he bought his junk. So why is he eating my foods and leaving his when I clearly can not eat the stuff he picked out?

Vent # 2 - I am driving myself crazy wanting to get on the scale. I was weighing myself everyday until yesterday I supposedly gained a pound. I got so mad. Then I calmed myself down, reminded myself that I ate later than usual the night before and had more sodium than usual, and I vowed not to weigh myself until Saturday. But here I am mid day.... thinking of going in there and weighing.

Vent # 3 - I get people are concerned and care about me, but I can't stand when people act like they know what is healthy better than you just because you are big. I lost 12 lbs in a week and a day and was criticized by a friend who said it's not safe to lose that much that quickly, and emphasized that "SHE would know."

ETA - I posted this before I seen the judgement free whine zone thread. So sorry for 2 similar threads. Still felt good to complain though!

Last edited by Skettihead03; 04-18-2013 at 12:55 PM.
Skettihead03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 02:07 PM   #2  

Vent #1 – Hahah, I feel your pain. It use to happen to me all the time when I lived at home. I would purchase my goods, my parents would purchase theirs, but then they would eat mine! Especially frustrating since I told them ‘look, this is all I can eat so please don’t eat it. There are no other options open to me at this time so don’t eat them!!” So much better now that I live on my own.

Vent #2 – Ditto! I have to talk myself out of getting on the scale everyday. I understand that the body naturally fluctuates sometimes and there is no need to worry, but seeing that number go up still depresses me. I have to give myself a designated weigh in day and stick to it. I may or may not still sneak a peek before that day though haha.

Vent #3 – Yes, yes, yes. I always get told what to do by people that have never done it themselves. Do as I say not as I do?
Buddha Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 03:38 PM   #3  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

Vent away!

#1 - I have also had my DH eat the things I especially got for calorie control, like portioned almonds, tuna made with an EXACT amount of ingredients, etc. But my guy gets very offended if I try to delineate 'yours' 'mine' so I hide it as best I can Is your guy gonna react badly if you point out that he bought his junk, he should stay away from your stuff?

Vent #2 - girl, I took our bathroom scales out to the garage a few weeks ago because it was making me crazy. Be perfect on plan for 3 days, feel starving, tell self 'you must have lost SOMETHING' hop on scale and see that it's UP? Where's a stick of dynamite to blow that thing up

#3 - you can always count on someone to say something that you'd rather not hear Even when I am at a good size, and I choose to have half a sandwich instead of a whole, there's someone who will comment on that. "Why just a half? are you starving yourself?" I guess you can build an arsenal of snarky comments if that satisfies, sometimes it does for me...or just smile and say 'thanks, i'm following doctor's orders' or whatever.
VermontMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 07:55 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 183/166/135

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skettihead03 View Post

Vent # 1 - My fiance keeps eating my healthy snacks!! I wouldn't care, and wouldn't mind sharing, but he has made it clear he is not ready to lose weight. When we went shopping I bought my healthy things, he bought his junk. So why is he eating my foods and leaving his when I clearly can not eat the stuff he picked out?
Is there some sort of virus going around the men in our lives that make them want to eat up our healthy snacks? LOL! this is like the 3rd post I've seen in the past few days about this! Too funny. I mean, not funny when it's happening but just that it seems to be happening to EVERYONE here lately!
BreathingSpace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 08:17 PM   #5  
Krissy Missy

S/C/G: 181/see ticker/120

Height: 5'2"

Vent #1 - Oh yeah, my DH does this. I've said it before in another post, but he'll eat all of something healthy that I prepare. We share everything and of course he's welcome to whatever I make, but for heaven's sake leave me some!

Vent #2 - I weigh in every morning. It helps to keep me accountable. Yes, my weight fluctuates from day to day, but that really doesn't bother me. I only record my weight on Fridays, my "Official Weight In" so I look at weekly patterns rather than daily ones. Whatever works for you!

Vent #3 - If you're just starting out, 12 pounds in about a week at your size is not unheard of. A lot of that is water weight anyway. Now, 12 pounds in a week for someone who starts out at 110 pounds, yeah, that might be cause for an eyebrow raise. Keep up the hard work, you're doing great!
Missy Krissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 09:28 PM   #6  

Vent # 1 - After I started my new eating plan, I ended up taking one whole shelf in our pantry closet as "mine". Anything on that shelf is approved for me to eat so I don't have to keep double checking. Now my husband knows he can eat off it too as it's family food but mentally I needed my own place so that *I* wouldn't stray from my plan plus I can keep easier inventory of what I have. Are you able to take a certain place in your kitchen to keep your "diet" foods?

Vent # 2 - I drive myself crazy with the scale too. I weigh in every day just to see where I am at but only count Monday mornings at my doctor's office. Once I have sip of water for the day, the scale is off limits. Every single thing we eat or drink sits in our body for any given time and it wouldn't be unusual to be up 5-6lbs by the afternoon. I'm not putting *that* kind of stress on myself when it's not a real gain, know what I mean?

Vent # 3 - I had to stop telling people when I started to diet, esp. this time around. And it's funny, I thought I needed people to know so I'd stay accountable. This time no one knows except my husband and I have never been more successful!
elvislover324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 10:08 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 344/311/140

Height: 5'6

Thank you guys for the responses. I have my own special place for my foods and he eats them anyways. Of course like I said - I would share! It wouldn't bother me if we were both attempting to eat healthier. But he has his little cupboard of junk food he bought at the store. GO EAT THAT MISTER.

I decided I will weigh myself every 3 days instead of everyday. I thought everyday was a good idea but the second I saw that scale go up instead of down I was extremely annoyed until I reminded myself why it could be. So I just don't want to make any irrational decisions

I think I'll keep my boasting about weight to 3fc! You guys are way more supportive anyways!
Skettihead03 is offline   Reply With Quote