General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 04-17-2013, 10:33 AM   #1  
No description available.

Default Southern California beaches?

Hi all,
We are planning a trip to Anaheim (no Disneyland though!) and will have a couple of hours to do something fun. I have my heart set on a beach. Any recommendations/directions for a good beach. It's been years since I've been up there and I don't want to end up somewhere that's not very fun.

Thanks!
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 02:13 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 222/Ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

I live near Venice Beach which is great if you're into people watching, but that would be kind of far from Anaheim if you just have a few hours. Looking at the map, you will be closest to Seal Beach, Huntington Beach and Newport Beach. I've been to Newport and it's nice. Haven't been to Huntington or Seal. A little further south is Laguna Beach - I've been there and it's a lovely little beach with a small town surrounding it. There are nice restaurants and shops that are an easy walk from the beach. If you come during the summer there's a big crafts festival going on a few miles from the beach, Sawdust Festival, accessible by free shuttle bus from the beach. Have fun - I'm relatively new to SoCal - about 5 years - and I love it here. It can be cool, even during the summer, especially at the beach so I always remind people to bring a sweater or light jacket.
annieway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 02:21 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 175.6/173/135 & Fit

Height: 5ft8

I live in near Anaheim! My We have a lot of beaches. Their all great! One of my 2 favs (I can't name the second cause we just call it the beach here lol) is Laguna Beach! It also has shops on the other side of the street that rule in my opinion! They have coffee shops, places to eat, bathing suit shops, bike shops, art shops, a flower shop, and I think some clothing shops. It's fun! I hope to go there and have beach fun with my bff when i reach my goal weight.

Last edited by wolfgirl69; 04-17-2013 at 02:26 PM.
wolfgirl69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 02:34 PM   #4  
Embracing the suck

S/C/G: 300/234/abs

Height: 6'9"

Laguna is nice. Newport is nicer for eye candy.
JohnP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 04:26 PM   #5  
No description available.

Thanks, guys!
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote