General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 04-19-2013, 12:54 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddha Gal View Post
@sacha: The co-worker is an over-sharer. She'll openly complain about everything and anything: friends, family, financial issues, love issues, etc. Since we work in an open trailer it's difficult to get away from it and I definitely don't engage her haha. This conversation was a surprise attack. I thought she was just going to say hello and then it turned into "you need to do something with your life."

@ the shiv: I at least like to think I know what I'm doing hahaha. I'm finding most of the lectures I receive are from people doing worse than me. Like you said, it's easier to talk then fix their own messes. But they can talk all they want cause in the end I'm the one living the life I want.

Keep on keeping on
Definitely an over sharer. I work with quite a few people and basically know how many children some of them have and if they have a partner and that is about it. Definitely too much personal info being shared. Just keep on doing what you are doing and keep your own info confidential.

Last edited by patns; 04-19-2013 at 12:55 AM.
patns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 12:24 AM   #32  
Warrior Princess

She has regrets. You're in your 20's which is about the age she feels she took a wrong turn and wants to go back. Don't take it personal.

What do you do for a living? I'm curious. Not many people love their jobs.
novangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 09:18 AM   #33  

@novangel: Safety Administration on a chemical site. Good money, good hours (as opposed to my last job which was 5pm to 1am), 10 minutes from home, and good people. There are the usual frustrations of course, but in the end this job is so much better than my previous jobs. It has really allowed me to do things and get my life started
Buddha Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 11:25 AM   #34  

Height: 5'4"

I wonder if she somehow sees herself in you and is wanting to live vicariously through you. The part that made me think that is when she said you're young, you should travel, because she never had the opportunity to do that.

Not that it makes it right, I would absolutely hate to be on the receiving end of that conversation! That's just where I see her end of the conversation coming from.
Amy8888 is offline   Reply With Quote