General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 04-16-2013, 07:02 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 215/188/150

Height: 5'4"

Really pissed off that one of the victims who died was an 8yr old child. What purpose does it serve to kill a child or anyone for that matter? What has been achieved by this?
Palestrina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 07:49 AM   #17  
Sassafrass

S/C/G: 325/240/175

Height: 5'5"

This is so hard to stomach for me.

As many of us know, these races have such a sense of family and joy. To replace that euphoric feeling with fear is terrible.

I run the Peachtree Road Race every year (country's biggest 10k) and they are already discussing upping security, ways to prevent something like this from happening, etc. The Atlanta Track Club is already involved with the security, too.

So scary, so sad and so close to home for many of us.
SoMuchFattitude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 02:05 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 165/137/120

Height: 4'11''

It makes me absolutely sick to think people think of these things - situations to hurt each other. Why? I don't understand. The world is becoming the most unsafe place to be. My heart is with Boston and all my friends up there. This is exactly how I felt when Sandy Hook happened - and having it be in your backyard is worse. These poor people.
celigirl88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 12:55 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 310/*look*/140

Height: 5'9

Every time a tragedy like this happens, it just breaks my heart. Every time, I cry. And every time, I am reminded of the importance of propagating love and kindness in this world...I'll never understand the mechanisms that create a person willing to kill INNOCENT human beings...but I can only assume that somehow, these people missed out on receiving any love in life. I don't know, but I am so PROUD of Bostonians for exemplifying the American Spirit...however many violent attacks out Nation endures...every time there are many people who respond so valiantly, so selflessly. Whoever committed this atrocity, I hope they are witness to the strength of strangers, emergency workers, and others that were there...I hope they are aware of the love and support pouring in from all over the country and the WORLD...and I hope they are sitting in jail awaiting trial when the turn out for next years marathon is UNPRECEDENTED...as well as the security. LOVE TO BOSTON!
Lecomtes is offline   Reply With Quote