General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 04-03-2013, 03:37 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 245/161/140

Height: 5'3"

Angry La Madeline's - slim meals no more

I was very disappointed today when I trotted in to La Madeline's French Bakery for my cheat meal. I usually indulge on a few more carbs than usual but I still manage myself. I asked for my usual, slim version. However, I was informed that corporate had decided on taking slim options out of the menu. The reason I went to that bakery for my cheat meal so often is it was better portioned and I wanted to support a place that recognized that.

I ended up putting a ton of the food in a to-go box because there was no way I wanted to be tempted nor over indulge. Now the box is in my fridge. I will more than likely eat it tonight, but I didn't want to. I liked limiting myself to one meal. It was a treat! I have been trying to stay in the habit of not collecting food from places I go out to, but this was such a large portion I felt extreme guilt throwing it out.

I'm disappointed in La Madeline's. I guess I won't be going there again unless I can split the meal with someone. The slim was about a dollar cheaper. Bummer. Thanks corporate.

Last edited by Scondy; 04-03-2013 at 03:38 PM.
Scondy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 03:42 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 169/159/135

Height: 5' 0''

Send an email to the corporate headquarters and tell them how you feel.

Sometimes, if they hear from enough people they will change the menu back.

If nothing else, you should receive an explanation of their decision.
irish51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 03:46 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 245/161/140

Height: 5'3"

I agree! I also just found out their corporate office is here in Dallas. I should show up with a picket sign, lol.
Scondy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 04:26 PM   #4  
Started IP 10/21/15

S/C/G: 243/238.8/170

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scondy View Post
I should show up with a picket sign, lol.
Don't forget your bullhorn!

I don't understand why they would do that. Was the slim version a completely different meal, or just less of the same food?

I've heard Panera has a secret healthier menu. I've never ordered off of it, but it's a suggestion for your new cheat meal.
PreciousMissy is offline   Reply With Quote