General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 03-21-2013, 09:46 PM   #1  

Default wishing my weight loss results

looked like this! i don't believe the photo's are necessarily that airbrushed and one couldn't airbrush massive amounts of loose skin but this woman is 40 and she lost 200 lbs and ended up looking like this? just... WOW.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/body...bs-of-fat.html
3fcuser291505109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 09:59 PM   #2  
Embracing the suck

S/C/G: 300/234/abs

Height: 6'9"

With a lot of hard work, and some surgical enhancement, you can look like this too.

I'm not trying to diminish her efforts or results but at minimum she has some breast implants and very likely a tummy tuck.

Just keeping it real.
JohnP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 10:41 PM   #3  

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnP View Post
With a lot of hard work, and some surgical enhancement, you can look like this too.

I'm not trying to diminish her efforts or results but at minimum she has some breast implants and very likely a tummy tuck.

Just keeping it real.
Yes i figured breast enhancement but i didn't see any evidence of loose skin anywhere or a tummy tuck. i'm NOT trying to pick on her, quite the opposite.

btw i love the quotation "embracing the suck".
Old 03-21-2013, 10:48 PM   #4  

Realistically our bodies are all different , there are three main body types the ectomorph physically they have : Narrow shoulders and hips.A thin and narrow face, with a high forehead.A thin and narrow chest and abdomen.Very little body fat.Thin legs and arms. Then there's the mesomorph ( I call it the average body type) The mesomorph is somewhere between the round endomorph and the thin ectomorph. Physically, they have the more 'desirable' body, and have: Large head, broad shoulders, and narrow waist (wedge-shaped).Muscular body, with strong forearms and thighs.Very little body fat
Genetically gifted; greatest bodybuilding potential.Long torso, full chest, good shoulder to waist ratio. And Lastly the Endomorph which is the bulkier body ,The Endomorph is physically quite ‘round’, and is typified as the ‘barrel of fun’ person. They tend to have: Wide hips and narrow shoulders, which makes them rather pear-shaped.Quite a lot of fat spread across the body, including upper arms and thighs.They have quite slim ankles and wrists, which only serves to accentuate the fatter other parts.Wide bone structure.Slower metabolism.Weight gain is easy, though fat loss is difficult.Tends to store fat, which hides muscle gains. Do your research find out which body type you have and start to work with it , if you look your body type up on google it will give you advice ranging from dietary information to what workouts to do in order to look leaner .
SaraBobera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 10:49 PM   #5  
I got this

S/C/G: 206/162/135

Height: a little over 5'2

I have to agree with JohnP. I went to her bodyspace and looked at some progress pics. I think in this pic, that may be a surgical scar on her lower stomach right above her bikin line or it could be a tan line? I will be very shocked if she really did all this with diet and exercise AND has no loose skin at all.
amandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 11:52 PM   #6  
Embracing the suck

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaraBobera View Post
Realistically our bodies are all different , there are three main body types the ectomorph physically they have : Narrow shoulders and hips.A thin and narrow face, with a high forehead.A thin and narrow chest and abdomen.Very little body fat.Thin legs and arms. Then there's the mesomorph ( I call it the average body type) The mesomorph is somewhere between the round endomorph and the thin ectomorph. Physically, they have the more 'desirable' body, and have: Large head, broad shoulders, and narrow waist (wedge-shaped).Muscular body, with strong forearms and thighs.Very little body fat
Genetically gifted; greatest bodybuilding potential.Long torso, full chest, good shoulder to waist ratio. And Lastly the Endomorph which is the bulkier body ,The Endomorph is physically quite ‘round’, and is typified as the ‘barrel of fun’ person. They tend to have: Wide hips and narrow shoulders, which makes them rather pear-shaped.Quite a lot of fat spread across the body, including upper arms and thighs.They have quite slim ankles and wrists, which only serves to accentuate the fatter other parts.Wide bone structure.Slower metabolism.Weight gain is easy, though fat loss is difficult.Tends to store fat, which hides muscle gains. Do your research find out which body type you have and start to work with it , if you look your body type up on google it will give you advice ranging from dietary information to what workouts to do in order to look leaner .
I don't know where you copy/pasted this from but I would advise you to get your information elsewhere.
Old 03-21-2013, 11:59 PM   #7  
Embracing the suck

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReillyJ View Post
Yes i figured breast enhancement but i didn't see any evidence of loose skin anywhere or a tummy tuck. i'm NOT trying to pick on her, quite the opposite.

btw i love the quotation "embracing the suck".
Yea I know you're not picking on her. I was trying to make the point that I'm not either. The results are extremely impressive. I was just pointing out that no one loses that much body fat but still has large firm breasts. Also, it's not likely to have the skin tighten up so much on it's own around the belly.

The stomach ~could~ be that way due to fortunate genetics.

The breasts ~could not~ be that way regardless of genetics.

The quote is from Leigh Peele (I think)
Old 03-22-2013, 12:05 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 292/144/145

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandie View Post
I have to agree with JohnP. I went to her bodyspace and looked at some progress pics. I think in this pic, that may be a surgical scar on her lower stomach right above her bikin line or it could be a tan line? I will be very shocked if she really did all this with diet and exercise AND has no loose skin at all.
I think the belly button in this picture is a dead giveaway that there's been a little work, but it's pretty darn impressive anyway.
Robin41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 05:48 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 290/see ticker/180

Height: 5'8

Considering how much her breasts shrank (see the before picture), there is NO way a string bikini would hold them up and look that good. I believe natural breasts after weight loss can look that good in a GOOD bra - but not in a string bikini. There is no way given her previous boob size. If she was the rare person who didn't have any or much boob shrinkage during weight loss - it could *possibly* be believable but its clearly not true in this case.

I think its possible, but very unlikely her stomach looks that good without surgical intervention.

But good for her! WAy to transform her body - i just wish these articles would be more realistic about outcomes.
mandypandy2246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 08:54 PM   #10  
Vex
There is no try.

S/C/G: 281/T/140

Height: 5'6"

Default re:

If you look really closely you can see some stretch marks on her tummy, which I would assume would have had a lift.

Who cares though? She looks fantastic, especially her face.

What's funny to me though is that I thought immediately, "wow, I really like her hair."
Vex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 09:00 PM   #11  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vex View Post
If you look really closely you can see some stretch marks on her tummy, which I would assume would have had a lift.

Who cares though? She looks fantastic, especially her face.

What's funny to me though is that I thought immediately, "wow, I really like her hair."
Yea, the entire thing is impressive!

Completely OT, but i love Grumpy Cat
Old 03-22-2013, 11:46 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 217/206/150

Height: 5'4

Wow! Now that is an amazing transformation.
Agalinfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 01:31 AM   #13  
I got this

S/C/G: 206/162/135

Height: a little over 5'2

Yea, I didn't mean to sound like I was picking on her. I would love to look like her but I just wanted to be sure that no one gets disillusioned by thinking that they can look like this through diet and exercise alone. That is all.

She has done a fantastic job either way!
amandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 01:57 AM   #14  

nah nobody sounded mean to me and i especially didn't want to come across that way, since i was the one posting the link to someone on the net, i just haven't seen 200 lb loss with results like that! Even 30 lb weight loss can result in loose skin, etc. i know we're all different but i guess she got extremely lucky or maybe she did get surgery (obviously the breast enhancement, that pretty much goes w/out saying)
Old 03-23-2013, 02:25 AM   #15  

S/C/G: size 20/14/10

Height: 5' 7"

I think maybe the 200 pounds is an exaggeration. The before pic could have been photoshopped, stretched or whatever. In my mind she doesn't look over 300lbs to start with... I could believe 250-275ish. Being seated usually makes you look bigger, too. If this girl was ever 336 and 5' 6" she sure carried the weight well.
mariposssa is offline   Reply With Quote