General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 03-16-2013, 06:53 AM   #1  

S/C/G: sig

Height: 5'10"

Default Anyone else counting down the days to GOT?

March 31st! It's my favorite show ever, and its premiere will definitely be my "cheat day," I HAVE to have a cheat day because when I crave junk I just think "You can have a couple bites on your cheat day in a couple weeks." Not going to care about the diet that day it's all...me, the Starks, the Lannisters, the Baratheons, the Targaryans, some direwolves, and a few dragons.

Anyone else counting down the days for this? (ps in case you lost count it's only fifteen!!!!!!)
Sunday115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 09:44 AM   #2  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

Just curious, what is GOT?
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 09:51 AM   #3  

GAME OF THRONES Only the best show (arguably book series also) EVER!
Old 03-16-2013, 09:52 AM   #4  

They only have ten episodes a year, so this has been an almost ten month wait.
Old 03-16-2013, 11:08 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelie View Post
Just curious, what is GOT?
I didn't know either !
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 11:18 AM   #6  
Krissy Missy

S/C/G: 181/see ticker/120

Height: 5'2"

I'm in the middle of reading book 3, and I love it so much!!! DH and I have begun to watch the first series, but we do Netflix and the dvds only have 2 episodes each, so that's taking a while.

Have you read the books too or do you just watch the show?
Missy Krissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 11:36 AM   #7  

I have read the first two, but decided not to spoil the rest of it until after season three (I own all 5 of them that are out, there are two more due.) They're great

also, Also if you happen to have HBO and a cable provider with on demand service all 20 episodes should be on there.

Last edited by Sunday115; 03-16-2013 at 11:37 AM.
Old 03-16-2013, 08:56 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 252/215/150

Height: 5'10

I'm looking forward to it too. I just finished the last book. I purposely wanted to finish it before season 3 started so that I'm not following the story in 2 different places at the same time. For some reason knowing whats going to happen really doesn't ruin the show for me. I also really like that they are making season 3 the first half of "A Storm of Swords". The books are so long and expansive that it just makes sense to break them up into 2 seasons. Sort of like how I wish the last few longer harry potter books should have all been broken down into 2 movies.
Scarlett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 09:01 PM   #9  

Yeah that and if they do a book a season, the Author will have to catch up to the show, and that's not good lol.
Old 03-16-2013, 09:13 PM   #10  

yeah. I read the first 2 books before I started watching the series. I find it fun to know the story and look at the people they cast and how they portray stuff. Some of the characters are spot on and others leave me scratching my head a little. I'm anxious for the next book though it's gonna be at least 1-2 years. Dragons ended on a bit of a cliff hanger.
Old 03-16-2013, 10:11 PM   #11  
I'm a princess.True story

S/C/G: 184.6/132.8/140

Height: 5'8''

The book was really good, I preferred this one to the second one. This is probably gonna be a good season, even if I am not watching the show (I dislikes the random out of the blue not adding anything to the story sex scenes).
TurboMammoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 11:26 AM   #12  
Krissy Missy

S/C/G: 181/see ticker/120

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlett View Post
yeah. I read the first 2 books before I started watching the series. I find it fun to know the story and look at the people they cast and how they portray stuff. Some of the characters are spot on and others leave me scratching my head a little. I'm anxious for the next book though it's gonna be at least 1-2 years. Dragons ended on a bit of a cliff hanger.
I like to read the books first too, and I feel the same way about the character portrayals. What did you think of Tyrion on screen vs in the book? I think I find him much more likeable and relate-able in the books. I think it's because so much of Tyrion's character is developed internally and when you watch him on screen you can't really see his thoughts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboMammoth View Post
The book was really good, I preferred this one to the second one. This is probably gonna be a good season, even if I am not watching the show (I dislikes the random out of the blue not adding anything to the story sex scenes).
I feel the same way about the not adding anything to the story sex, but HBO is kind of infamous for that. Right off the bat in the first season Tyrion is in bed with a gaggle of whores and that wasn't in the book at all.
Missy Krissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 11:39 AM   #13  

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboMammoth View Post
HAH that is my ONLY complaint about the show. Sex sells.
Old 03-17-2013, 11:40 AM   #14  

And Missy Krissy, Tyrion gets more and more likable in the television series the longer you watch.
Old 03-17-2013, 12:22 PM   #15  

I have a hard time distinguishing the books. They kind of all run together for me, so I can’t really say I liked this one or that one better.

I actually LOVED what they did with Tyrion in the show. I think Peter Dinkage is phenomenal in the role and you really get how tough, witty and tormented he is. Although you know less of the back story I think he is plenty likeable, you see him design the saddle for Bran and stand up against Joffrey’s evilness.

I also thing Sean Bean was perfect as Ned Stark and Catlyn Stark was spot on as well. I was so so on Dany. I really liked Cersei and Jamie. I loved the Robert they chose.

I wasn’t crazy about the casting of the Stark children for the most part. In the book Arya and Jon were the only ones with the “coloring of the north” ie resemble Ned in looks. The rest of them were supposed to have the paler skin, red hair and blue eyes of the south. You really didn’t get that distinction in the show. Jon (the Bastord) was the child that looked most like Ned and really looked like a Stark child of the north, which was a reason Catlyn resented him even more. He was supposed to be better looking and more talented than his trueborn brother Robb. In the show you could absolutely tell that they dyed the actor’s hair (who played Robb) red and he just didn’t have that ginger coloring. I didn’t love Sansa either. In the books she was supposed to be ridiculously beautiful and I don’t think the actress who plays her lives up to that description (she’s good looking but not 1 in a million). Bran was supposed to have the red hair ginger coloring and be a child of the south but he’s not in the show. I love the Jon snow and Arya they chose but I think they should have done more to make snow resemble Ned (maybe give them the same color hair). I think the Stark children (since they are the main focus of the books), should have been a little closer to the author’s description.

Last edited by Scarlett; 03-17-2013 at 12:22 PM.