General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 03-13-2013, 06:54 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 335/see ticker/135

Height: 5'7 -171ish cm

Default Another rant thread

Food hurts me. It really hurts me. I love food. Loveeee food. My fiance is a professional cook. I love food in portioned sizes that fit my calorie range. But now food hurts so I can't make that calorie number or enjoy food. I am becomming scared of food.

I have a bad liver, gallstones, and costochrondritis. I have to keep my cals low because of that and to lose weight before surgery but even at those lows and I'm talking 800-1000 with the occasional 1000-1200 day I am in pain from food all the time. Its so bad I shake when I'm cooking out of sheer fear. The only time I'm not in too much pain is when I'm empty of food but then my lovely low blood sugar and anemia come into play. And I don't want to starve myself anyways.

I am fearing this will be a lifelong thing, the gallstones I can remove but everytime I eat I get pain not just from gallstones but I get the costo pain the same costo pain I get if I exercise or lift something or just in general chronic pain from it but really worse after eating

It isn't typical gas pains unless its gas making the costo worse, and maybe its not from costo maybe theres something else gastro wrong with me

But what it comes down to is I can't eat without pain and I look at the maitenance cals required for my goal weight and I know I could never eat that many. Its not that I wouldnt want too, its that if I do I'll be in such pain I'll end up in emerg. So what am I to do?? I'm afraid dudes and dudettes. I'm afraid I'm not gonna be able to stabilize my weight when I'm done cause if theres no fix for whats wrong with me I can't eat like 1600 cals a day. And I know some ppl will say liquids!! Even water makes me hurt!!! And yes I am having tests done to diagnose everything and see what else is probably wrong. I'm seeing three doctors.

Mods move this if its wrong area
CherryQuinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 07:04 PM   #2  
I got this

S/C/G: 206/162/135

Height: a little over 5'2

Just wanted to give you a hug cuz I was in your shoes about a month ago and I totally understand the fear of eating to make things worse. I'm glad you are seeing docs to try to figure it out. If you have insurance, is it possible to see a nutritionist or a dietitian to figure out a meal plan for you? Also, vitamins?? IDK. I really wish I could help but I'm not well-versed in this. \
amandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 07:05 PM   #3  

Have the doctor send you to a nutritionist that can help you come up with a healthy diet that fits your condition.
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 07:08 PM   #4  

I could ask about a dietician but since its any kind of food in general I don't think there is an eating plan . My doctor already has me on low fat with no red meat and low cal but it doesn't seem to be enough and theres a post surgery diet plan for me in place for the first few weeks afterwards. The next time I see them I will ask for a dietician referral but I dont think theres much else to be done. I can't eat water or apples without pain lol

Last edited by CherryQuinn; 03-13-2013 at 07:10 PM.
Old 03-13-2013, 07:13 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 298/ticker/175

Height: 5'7"

*hugs* I'm the only one of my siblings who still has a gall bladder. My sisters and brothers really had a tough time with theirs before they got it out. All three had terrible pain and awful nausea associated with eating that went completely away after they had the things removed. Cherry, I don't know if you will have the same outcome but if you can get your gall bladder taken care of, it will be one less thing causing you trouble. One of my sisters told me that she just could not believe how much better she was after having it out and conversely, she didn't realize how much she was suffering from it until it was gone.

Last edited by Garnet2727; 03-13-2013 at 07:15 PM.
Garnet2727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 07:17 PM   #6  

Itll be out in may, unfortunately the other problems will still persist which is what makes me afraid. I'm hoping my doctors can figure out something to fix it so I can eat like a normal person. But if they can't , thats my fear, how would I ever maintain a normal weight when I can't eat. I know I'm far from it now but its something thats been worrying me as the amounts of food my body keeps down decreases
Old 03-13-2013, 08:20 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 229/see ticker/135

Height: 62 inches

I am so sorry you are struggling and in pain! I really don't have any words of wisdom that can help. I just want to say I will be thinking of you and hope that they get an answer for you soon so you can enjoy food and eat a healthy amount.

Hugs
RavenWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 08:29 PM   #8  
Back to Basics!

S/C/G: 187/127/125

Height: 5' 2.5"

That royally stinks! My brother has some sort of condition that makes eating painful as well. He is getting all sorts of tests done, but sadly not much progress so far.

I am a little embarrassed to come right out and ask this, but how many cals were you eating during weight gain? Was that before these issues?
ChickieChicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 09:04 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

I have costochronditis , too.it is an inflammation of the cartilege in the rib cage and painful,Very painful. My doctor prescribes narcotics for it. While it is super painful it doesn't have anything to do with food.IMO. Gallstones do, however .My DIL was in such pain with gallstones, she went to ER begging for moephine. They actually did an emergency operation to remove her gallbladder, that took care of the pain. Gone !There is help, don't despair.

Last edited by bargoo; 03-13-2013 at 09:05 PM.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 09:19 PM   #10  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChickieChicks View Post
That royally stinks! My brother has some sort of condition that makes eating painful as well. He is getting all sorts of tests done, but sadly not much progress so far.

I am a little embarrassed to come right out and ask this, but how many cals were you eating during weight gain? Was that before these issues?
i have the issues because of my highest weight, during weight gain i have no idea. i ate not a large volume per se but very high caloric foods and it snuck up over time. it took about 10 yrs of weight gain to get to 335 from 160 when i started to get large. While ive had gallstones for a long time they came once every few months, but after the first 100lbs came off thats when they got to be every day , the costo i have no idea how long ive had it, my liver was bad at 335 it wasnt doing its job and i was on my way to dieing young. My eating pain outside of gallbladder started in the mid 200s id say so maybe last year. So yeah back when I was 335 I could eat generally without pain most of the time. Else I wouldnt have gotten fat :P

Last edited by CherryQuinn; 03-13-2013 at 09:28 PM.
Old 03-13-2013, 09:22 PM   #11  

Quote:
Originally Posted by bargoo View Post
I have costochronditis , too.it is an inflammation of the cartilege in the rib cage and painful,Very painful. My doctor prescribes narcotics for it. While it is super painful it doesn't have anything to do with food.IMO. Gallstones do, however .My DIL was in such pain with gallstones, she went to ER begging for moephine. They actually did an emergency operation to remove her gallbladder, that took care of the pain. Gone !There is help, don't despair.
yea i was recently diagnosed and the doc isn't sure if certain things are setting off my costo or if i have another gastro issue altogether, so it may not be costo doing it it could be another thing. my insides are wonderful :P
Old 03-14-2013, 01:35 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 298/ticker/175

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherryQuinn View Post
Itll be out in may, unfortunately the other problems will still persist which is what makes me afraid. I'm hoping my doctors can figure out something to fix it so I can eat like a normal person. But if they can't , thats my fear, how would I ever maintain a normal weight when I can't eat. I know I'm far from it now but its something thats been worrying me as the amounts of food my body keeps down decreases
I hope I didn't come across as bossy or marginalizing your concerns. I'm sorry if I did. I am glad that you're getting your gall bladder out and I truly hope it brings you some relief. I do get that you're worried; you have every right to be.

Last edited by Garnet2727; 03-14-2013 at 01:35 PM.
Garnet2727 is offline   Reply With Quote