General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 02-23-2013, 02:58 PM   #16  
Heading Downtown...

S/C/G: 225/165/165

Height: 5'8"

And I guess I should add that my motivation for the lipo is just to look a little bit better in a bathing suit at the beach... So basically pure vanity, but we all do all sorts of things for purely aesthetic reasons... and I have no illusions that some lipo is going to make that much difference in my life... In fact I'm sure that most people wouldn't notice much of a difference... but as long as I'm happy with results than that's all that really matters...
TripSwitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 03:46 PM   #17  

To the shorter gals- I wish I could be petite like you! Sometimes I feel too tall! I've always thought being shorter was the beauty standard for women...I guess the grass is always greener though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripSwitch View Post
For what I was looking to have done $6800
If you don't mind me prying, what were you looking to get done exactly? If you're not comfortable discussing it on here, could you PM me? I'm just wondering because I heard belly lipo can be $2,000 to $4,000 depending on how extensive it is

Quote:
Originally Posted by sacha View Post
I'm also well into the normal range and have considered abdominoplasty due to severe skin wrinking in my lower abdomen after 2 large babies.

For an issue that can be corrected like yours, I don't think I would. With extensive weight training and precise dieting, it can likely be corrected without surgery.
That's just it though- I don't know that it can be corrected without surgery. When I was extremely thin due to exercising an hour every day, I lost the extra flub. But I also lost my *** and boobs completely and I was on the underweight side. I'm not really willing to do that for the flat belly again. The belly didn't go until I skinnied myself down to a very low weight. I just naturally carry the fat there.

Last edited by CabernetKitty; 02-23-2013 at 03:50 PM.
CabernetKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 03:57 PM   #18  
Starting Again

S/C/G: 280/272/160

It's all about you. What would make you feel better? It sounds like you still have some hesitation so I would give it a little while. I also read, wish I could remember where, that you should wait at least 6 months after reaching your goal weight and continuing with your fitness routine before considering plastic surgery. Even though your weight may not change, your body continues to go through some changes.

As for the question if I would do it...totally. I'm actually saving up for a body lift for when I reach my goal weight. I had a very LARGE pregnancy, and am over 100 pounds overweight, so I expect there to be some lose skin, and I don't want it hanging around. Again, a purely vanity thing, but that's what it is. I don't see being able to get over it.
Iheartsushi418 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 05:02 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 183/166/135

Height: 5'6"

I would just do a lot of research first. Schedule a FEW consultations (not just one). See where that takes you. There is also some forums regarding plastic surgery that are extremely helpful, I can't remember what they are called but I feel like it's "makemeheal" or something?
BreathingSpace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 05:15 PM   #20  
Heading Downtown...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CabernetKitty View Post
If you don't mind me prying, what were you looking to get done exactly? If you're not comfortable discussing it on here, could you PM me? I'm just wondering because I heard belly lipo can be $2,000 to $4,000 depending on how extensive it is
I don't mind at all... that price was for two areas... my tummy and my "love handles"... So basically my whole mid-section, which is what the doctor thought I would need to get the contours that I wanted... But it's also here in Manhattan, so prices tend to be higher too...

Not sure what part of the country you're in but $4,000 sounds about right and in the ballpark for the first area treated...
Old 02-23-2013, 07:55 PM   #21  
Back to Basics!

S/C/G: 187/127/125

Height: 5' 2.5"

I would! (And have.)

I had my breasts augmented in Spring 2012 after my weight loss stabilized. It has been amazing, and one of the best things I have ever done for myself. I have always been pear-shaped, and losing the weight dramatically affected my upper torso. I now am "balanced" and as vain as it might sound, I think about them each day and am thankful. It was a huge boost for me.

I wanted to do lipo as well, just around my belly button, but the doctor advised against it, because it would only leave me with sagging skin. Post kiddos and weight loss, I have a "pooch", and the only way to correct it would be a tummy tuck. Since it is not "major", it does not meet my cost/benefit ratio just yet. ;-)

Please make sure your surgeon is looking to improve his RECORD with your surgery, not just his BANK ACCOUNT.
ChickieChicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 11:12 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 255/ticker/185?

Whatever you decide...go in informed. Know what techniques are available, which one would work best for your situation. Find the best doctor, not just the cheapest...remember YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR! Definitely check out the dr thoroughly, I've heard many horror stories on tv where someone has gone for some sort of plasic surgery...it not only had lousey results, but effected their health!

I personally don't even think about cosmetic surgery...it is not something we'd be able to afford. Unless it was for my health, it is not an option. I do wish you luck!
MrsTryingAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 10:56 AM   #23  
Vex
There is no try.

S/C/G: 281/T/140

Default re:

Regardless of whether it's right for you or not, I think there's some other things that need to happen surrounding the "my boyfriend will pay for it" that you need to consider.

What if he DOESN'T pay for it after you've started the process for whatever reason? Do you have enough money to take care of it? You don't want to come out of there with a ruined financial future.

What if there are complications that end up costing more? Is that included in what he would pay for or would you be on your own? You'd hate to have complications and end up in the hospital running up thousands of dollars in bills.

If you do still decide to do it, get exactly what he is paying for in writing.
Vex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 11:58 AM   #24  
Warrior Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vex View Post
Regardless of whether it's right for you or not, I think there's some other things that need to happen surrounding the "my boyfriend will pay for it" that you need to consider.

What if he DOESN'T pay for it after you've started the process for whatever reason? Do you have enough money to take care of it? You don't want to come out of there with a ruined financial future.

What if there are complications that end up costing more? Is that included in what he would pay for or would you be on your own? You'd hate to have complications and end up in the hospital running up thousands of dollars in bills.

If you do still decide to do it, get exactly what he is paying for in writing.
I was going to bring this up too. I know we never think our relationships will end but I would get a writing agreement as well just in case. The last thing you want is to wind up in court with him stating it was a "loan" because he's butthurt over the break up, I've seen it happen too many times. I'd also make him pay up front.
novangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 12:12 PM   #25  

Quote:
Originally Posted by novangel View Post
I was going to bring this up too. I know we never think our relationships will end but I would get a writing agreement as well just in case. The last thing you want is to wind up in court with him stating it was a "loan" because he's butthurt over the break up, I've seen it happen too many times. I'd also make him pay up front.
I appreciate both of your concerns, but this isn't really a situation where I'm worried about that...when I say boyfriend, I don't meant "random guy I've dated for a while", we live together, own a house and car together, etc. He's not going to turn around in 2 weeks and say, "JUST KIDDING!"

We also have a joint bank account, so it's not like he could turn around and say, "Oh I was giving her a loan." because the money is technically mine also. If I pay for it, the money is coming out of "my" account.
CabernetKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 12:39 PM   #26  
Finally in control.

S/C/G: 294/236/199

Height: 5'4"

I would totally have surgery once I'm at goal. I would have my excess skin removed, my breasts lifted and reduced and possibly lipo on any problem areas. I doubt I'd be able to afford all of this but one can dream.
ChickieBoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 12:59 PM   #27  
Heading Downtown...

Hey CabernetKitty... one other thing I forgot to mention is timing... depending on what and how much you have done, there is some down time and it takes a while to get your full "result" from the procedure.... That's actually why I went recently, because if I had it done now everything should have all "settled" before swimsuit season... not sure if that matters to you or not, but it did to me... and now after reading through this thread I'm starting to re-think my decision and maybe I should take advantage of my window of opportunity before beach weather...

Last edited by TripSwitch; 02-24-2013 at 01:00 PM.
Old 02-24-2013, 03:25 PM   #28  
Embracing the suck

S/C/G: 300/234/abs

Height: 6'9"

I wouldn't consider lipo unless you've been weight stable for at least a year. Regaining after lipo can have some interesting results.
JohnP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 11:02 PM   #29  

Height: 5'6

Can I just say lipsuction is a horrible idea. We've studied it in class and It has almost NO health benefits at all (I mean seriously almost no improvement) and same goes for weight - makes you lose very little weight. All your left with are surgery scars and possible complications down the road.
luckystreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 12:21 AM   #30  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

I would get cosmetic surgery but not lipo...that scares me! A friend had a tummy tuck and I am not sure why as she is a yoyo dieter and I am not talking just a few pounds. She gains almost everything she has lost and then loses it all and then gains it back etc....she has done this the last 3 years every year. And she is at a point where she has gained after the tummy tuck...oh well, to each his own.
FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote