3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > General chatter

General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Random question

Old 02-18-2013, 03:56 PM   #16
Downloading 10% complete

S/C/G: 190/188/170

Height: 5'4"

Sure! I have been regailing the poor guy with stories of my weight loss adventure. He just keeps being happy for me, telling me I look thinner, and to be honest I don't think he has any idea what just under 200lbs even MEANS, since he's naturally lean with a super fast metabolism. It's like someone telling you they're a multi-billionaire. After a certain point, the number just makes absolutely no sense

I did come in today hauling a rucksack full of shopping, and weighed it on the scale, and it was just more than what I've lost so far... That helped put it in perspective for him, he just said... "wow, you must feel SO much better!"

I love my lovely man

Last edited by the shiv : 02-18-2013 at 03:56 PM.
the shiv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 04:07 PM   #17
I can do this

S/C/G: 230/197/175

Height: 5'2"

My husband knows--and I know his weight. I kept mine from him for a while (years ago) but right now, I'm realizing that keeping my weight secret is part of being ashamed of it--and that's not what I want to be.

So, DH knows, and DD the younger (17). We were having dinner the other night and she asked if she was allowed to ask/know. So I told her. (DD the older and DS are off at college.) The last thing I want is for DD to have body image issues beyond what any girl is exposed to in this world!

DH is also working on losing weight (although not as hard as I am) and we share our scale numbers every morning. He weighs two or three times a day--and can fluctuate 4 lbs in that time. I weigh in the morning only.

I debated even about putting my weight in my profile and ticker when I signed up for 3FC, but decided that it was a real part of my situation and progress--and having it there holds me more accountable.

My family will be thrilled if--no--WHEN--I am successful--they are all concerned about weight-related health issues I have.
Old 02-18-2013, 04:31 PM   #18

S/C/G: 328/171.6/155

Height: 5ft6in

I finally weigh what my husband weighed when I started this new life. We have been eating so healthy he went and lost 18lbs. Now he's just into one-derland (he doesn't even know what that means lol). He looks great and feels great so I am happy for him. I just can't wait to weigh less than him and I could have been there TODAY!

The only good thing is he doesn't have much more to lose (not that he's trying, grrrrr) so I *WILL* catch up and pass him, it's my mission now! But it's like chasing a moving target. Good exercise I guess!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
elvislover324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.