I can't believe I got into these pants!

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • This is my first NSV post: Lately I've noticed my size 18 pants have gotten pretty loose. But I still didn't think I was ready for 16's...plus I don't want to go shopping and spend a bunch of money on clothes. For one, I don't have much money. For two, my goal is to get smaller than that, so I figured I'd just put up with baggy clothes. I had a bunch of 12's and 14's left in the closet from when I was thinner. Today when I was getting dressed for work, just for grins I grabbed a pair of size 12 jeans off the shelf to see how far I was from getting into them. They slipped right on- over the thighs (and even a little loose there!), over the butt, and I could zip and button them. They feel just a bit tight in the waist, and so I won't wear them yet because I like my pants to fit more loosely- but it shows me how far I've come and didn't even realize it! It also has the additional benefit that I might not have to go buy any pants, if I can lose just a few more pounds I think they will fit me fine.
  • Congratulations; that's great!
  • Woooooo! Great NSV!
  • Super yay!!!!
  • Wow! Congrats on fitting into a size 12!
  • Congrats!!! That's awesome!
  • Congrats! I love when stuff like that happens... Now, you're inspired me to go "shopping" in my closet when I get home later and see if I can dig out some NSV's like that too...
  • :w oohoo::woo hoo::wooho o: :w oohoo::woo hoo::wooho o: :w oohoo::woo hoo::wooho o::::wooho o:
    Way to !
    Roo2
  • Thanks everyone! I'm excited.
  • NICE!!! That's great!!!
  • What an exciting feeling -- love that!!! Congratulations!
  • Awesome NSV!!! Love that feeling!
  • Isn't it like such a fantastic feeling when they pass the hips, I have been in dressing rooms where I have said out loud " this can't be right, the size has to be wrong" Then it's great to share your progres here. Congrats, next time they will be too big to wear!
  • Quote: Isn't it like such a fantastic feeling when they pass the hips, I have been in dressing rooms where I have said out loud " this can't be right, the size has to be wrong" Then it's great to share your progres here. Congrats, next time they will be too big to wear!
    Yes!

As I was pulling them on, I was waiting for them to stop mid-thigh. And they didn't, and I was like, "That's cool, but there's no way they're going over my butt!" and then they did! Then I was like, "Ok, but there's no way they're going to zip." And then they did! And yeah, a little tight but still- knowing I'm like 5# away from being able to legitimately say these fit is really cool.

Thanks again ladies! This was the only place I felt safe posting up this little victory, I knew you all would understand.
  • Yah!