General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 02-09-2013, 11:58 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 396/351/160

Height: 5'7"

Default Clothes, Clothes, Clothes

I've lost just enough weight that I'm beginning to think about clothing options down the road and how much I anticipate getting new clothes and how much a I dread the expense. I have a friend who is a real clothes horse. She shops a lot at Ross, but also mentioned a web site called BCOutlet.com. I looked at it because I live at least 25 miles from the nearest large size clothing store and half the time they don't have anything, so I just shop from catalogs.

Anyway, there are LOTS of clothing options at wonderful prices. And, I noticed a few things that I had purchased from catalogs before at full price. The "original" price listed at the BCOUTLET.COM site was actual, not inflated to make it look like a better deal.

If you're worried about the cost of buying clothes as you go down in size -- and often that means buying several wardrobes, this might be a good place to shop.

Also, I finally cleaned out my own closet yesterday. I realized that I have over 40 pairs of slacks in 5 different sizes. Won't need to buy any new slacks for awhile.......just need to make sure that I get rid of the larger sizes as I lose so there's no temptation to backslide knowing that I have clothes for all sizes.
betsy2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 12:05 PM   #2  

I'm going to check out that site! I need more clothes like a hole in the head lol.

As far as dreading the expense of new clothes, I have been hitting our local Goodwill once a week to check out the clothes. I have gotten some gorgeous clothes (it's very hit or miss of course) and I only buy it if it's one of the items of the week. That makes it $2.50 an item! I figure if I can wear those clothes a few months for $2.50 each and then donate them back, it's worth that small "rental" fee!

I bought a new sweater last weekend as I just NEEDED to have a brown sweater. Last night, I found a nicer one in my closet that I have had for who knows how long. So...the new sweater is going back to the store.

Today I organized all of my tanktops I wear under sweaters, workout clothes, etc. I had worn a 3x one the other day as the colors matched my outfit. It kept falling out under my sweater, I swore I could have worn it as a mini dress with a pair of tights (what a sight to imagine lol). I guess I lost my hips that the the tank used to rest on so conveniently.

I used to dread clothes, clothes talk, clothes trying on, everything about clothes. Now I am a clothes horse! So funny how our perspectives change once we lose a few pounds!
elvislover324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 12:20 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 396/351/160

Height: 5'7"

Goodwill is a great idea. I get clothes for my grands there as they are growing so fast and fortunately their parents aren't clothes snobs. I haven't had much luck finding clothes in my size there, but have noticed that a LOT of the ones on the rack still have the original tags on them.
betsy2013 is offline   Reply With Quote