Insurance Advice

You're on Page 2 of 2
Go to
  • Thank you all. You have given me a lot to consider. When this issue was discussed in November I explained my situation and I thought he understood. When He brought it up again today I was surprised.

Even if I trust him to look out for me, who is to say that he will always be the
    CEO? What if he leaves on his own or the board wants him to go?

I will go into the discussion with a possible solution:

What do you think of this... Small office with one part-time employee. If the boss is wiling to pay for my insurance, why not offer insurance to the part-time employee at the same cost to the company. The Part-time employee doesn't have insurance and has let me know that she is looking for coverage. It would be a win for the part-timer, a relief for me, and benefit the boss. The board can decide to change our benefit policy.

I would love for this to work because I hate that our part time employee doesn't have coverage. If I could help her to get it as a result of my discussion it would make me very happy.

I welcome any thoughts on this solution.

Thanks
  • Just wanted to follow up.

I was able to get my boss to consider providing insurance for our part-time employee and it worked out better than I expected. The employee has been offered full time (30 hours) with benefits including vacation, sick and holiday pay. She can cover herself and two kids.

It turned out to be a win-win.
  • now that's a happy ending!!

thanks for the update.
  • Oh, that's good news! Thanks for letting us know how it turned out.