3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > General chatter

General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Talk to Me About Sinus Infections

Old 01-30-2013, 01:02 PM   #16
Keeping it real!

S/C/G: 40/31/30 waist inches!

Height: 5' 4"

Wow! At least you know what the problem is now ... best of luck. Ask them to just zonk you out and you'll be fine ...

New goal is waist measurement! One dancer for each inch lost!
healthyangie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 02:32 PM   #17
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 162/152/Smaller; tighter, fit!

Height: 5' 6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by alaskanlaughter View Post
the dental x-rays showed that the sinus infection spread to the root of one of my top teeth, causing an infection there and slowly killing the nerves to that tooth...the infection didn't come from the "ground up" like a cavity that goes bad...it came from my sinuses downward...so now i get a lovely root canal on friday morning....i'm terrified of dentists
oh how horrible!! and unfair, that you take good care of your teeth and it was not due to decay. Did they say if this was pretty rare to occur??

anyway, best wishes at your visit on Friday, I would also ask if possible for any and all 'zonking out' drugs! I asked for general anesthesia for a tooth extraction and it was worth it!! And a small dose Valium an hour before the visit helped smoooooth things out.

My program - Modified South Beach & exercise at home. Slacked last summer and now need to lose the regain.
My motorcycle - '04 Honda VTX 1300C. Candy Apple Red!

Last edited by VermontMom : 01-30-2013 at 02:34 PM.
VermontMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 03:10 PM   #18
Lifelong Alaskan!

S/C/G: 230/180/150

Height: 5'5"

if i could get away with valium or general anesthesia i would do that but i have to work directly before the appointment, workint 7-7:45 a.m. with the appointment at 8 a.m....then i have to be back to work by 1 p.m. and i work til 6 p.m. and then take my younger son a school fun night event...

i once was put under anesthesia years ago in order to have all four wisdom teeth extracted at the same time, along with one other cracked back tooth, and it was definitely worth it....but i had to have my DH there and he had to drive me when it was over....

i also have a 9 a.m. meeting on friday but i dont think the root canal will be over by 9 if it starts around 8
Old 01-30-2013, 03:57 PM   #19
Gettin' it done!

S/C/G: HW- 242 Restart SW:166 7/24/14

Height: a little over 5'2

Wow! How crazy is that?! I am glad you finally found out what the heck it was that was causing you tooth pain.

I have had a root canal done once and it was not that bad as I thought it would be. I am a huge baby when it comes to tooth pain due to bad dentists (no wonder we all are terrified of them!) in the past not giving me enough numbing agents or whatevr and not listening to me when I told them I still felt pain, etc. I am very firm and make complete sure that I am 100% numb before they even start on me. Seriously, if I am going to shell out $$$, I'd rather not feel anything at all. Wow, ok this last part was a bit of a rant, sorry!

Anyway, I hope your appointment goes veryveryvery well AND painfree!!!

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.- Winston Churchill
amandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 05:15 PM   #20
Here to Learn

S/C/G: 225/See Ticker/125

You might try adding the supplement N-Acetyl Cysteine into your supplementation because it naturally thins mucus secretions and can help drain your sinuses. It also boosts the immune system because it's a precursor to glutathione, a powerful antioxidant, which is necessary for the body to fight infection.

"A mistake is not failure but feedback. -Rod Gilbert"
EagleRiverDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 07:30 AM   #21
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 162/152/Smaller; tighter, fit!

Height: 5' 6"

Wondering how you are doing, Alaskanlaughter?

My program - Modified South Beach & exercise at home. Slacked last summer and now need to lose the regain.
My motorcycle - '04 Honda VTX 1300C. Candy Apple Red!

VermontMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 12:54 PM   #22
Lifelong Alaskan!

S/C/G: 230/180/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by VermontMom View Post
Wondering how you are doing, Alaskanlaughter?
thanks i'm doing better now....the root canal went well and was done by a really good dentist...the pain is gone from my gum/teeth/jaw area, just a lingering ache from the tooth itself because of the work done on it...i go back next friday to have the crown placed on the tooth but that's an easy and quick thing that i'm not stressed about....the hot/cold sensitivity is gone too...i can eat as long as i'm gentle on that side until the crown is placed...

after the anesthetic wore off, i immediately got what feels like a head cold....not sure what that's all about but i've had that happen before right after dental work...i had to work the day of the root canal but i functioned better than expected

thanks for checking on me
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.