3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > General chatter

General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Lauren's love life strikes again... (Long!)

Old 01-31-2013, 06:57 PM   #46
Heidi

S/C/G: 204.5/149/153

Height: 5'7"

Maybe he's just not the kind of guy who likes to plan in advance? Seems like he is interested, but also interested in going slow. If it were me, I'd just keep living my life. If he tries to make plans on short notice and you've already got something else going on, his loss. I wouldn't wait around for him, it only makes you anxious and leaves you hanging.

Advice from someone in her late 40s who knows nothing about the ins and outs of modern dating, so take it for what it's worth LOL

Working on losing some bloat...

newleaf123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 07:33 PM   #47
Dukanista

S/C/G: high263/current257/ticker/198

Height: 5'7"

I think he's just someone who doesn't plan too far in advance. DIdn't he text you the day before you went out the last time? I agree with newleaf - just keep living your life, and making whatever plans you want to me. When he contacts you, say yes if you are not busy.

And this beginning stage is always the worst, hopefully, you'll have a couple more great dates and then things will feel easier!

HAPPY SPRING & APRIL FOOLS CHALLENGE
April Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 10:16 AM   #48

S/C/G: 191/171/153

Height: 5'3"

Your confusion is understandable. You are not playing a game and you are not playing hard to get. You have let him know that you are interested in him and interested in spending more time with him. There is nothing else you can do beyond that. Your next step is to see if this is a pattern and then decide if this is something you want invite into your life. If not, continue meeting and dating other people. Go to a different bar or other events. I'm sure there are other men who would jump at the chance to reply to your texts, take you out and call you the next day.

Last edited by ImImportant : 02-01-2013 at 10:18 AM.
ImImportant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 11:01 AM   #49
Hi, I'm Lauren! :)

S/C/G: HW:278/SW:241/CW:166/GW:145

Height: 5'4

Well, I ended up breaking down and sending him a text asking when I'd dance with him again, lol. And he says he's super busy with work, which he told me when we went out about how busy his work-life is. Like I said, I think I was just being impatient. But from here on out I'm gonna take y'all's advice -- if he asks me to hang out, and I'm free, I will but I'm not gonna sit around and wait on him. I don't need him to go dancing! XD Although he really makes a great dancing partner. We mesh well. -sigh-

I have a blog! Check it out!

Last edited by mimsyborogoves : 02-01-2013 at 11:04 AM.
mimsyborogoves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 09:10 PM   #50

S/C/G: 183/166/135

Height: 5'6"

He may like you (as evidenced by kissing, etc.) but it sounds to me like he doesn't want any type of relationship or even to hang out often. I would move on, personally, and if he comes around that's great but I wouldn't count on him as a "potential" anything anymore.

Check out my BLOG here for weight loss woes, yoga and life!

BreathingSpace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 06:54 PM   #51
Hi, I'm Lauren! :)

S/C/G: HW:278/SW:241/CW:166/GW:145

Height: 5'4

With the way I've been feeling towards myself here lately, it's probably for the best that he doesn't see me for awhile or he's gonna get the side of me he definitely doesn't need to see yet, lol. I would be totally turned off if I tried to date me right now.

I have a blog! Check it out!
mimsyborogoves is offline   Reply With Quote
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.