3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > General chatter

General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Lauren's love life strikes again... (Long!)

Old 01-23-2013, 12:41 PM   #31

S/C/G: 328/171.6/155

Height: 5ft6in

Have a good time, I'm glad he texted you. The waiting is the worst! And....we want to see a pic of the date dress you have on hold too!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
elvislover324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 03:36 PM   #32

S/C/G: IDK

Height: 5'9

sorry, i deleted my post because i didn't see he already texted you.

Last edited by missunshine : 01-23-2013 at 03:45 PM.
missunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 06:50 PM   #33
Hi, I'm Lauren! :)

S/C/G: HW:278/SW:241/CW:166/GW:145

Height: 5'4

Outfit!!

I have a blog! Check it out!
mimsyborogoves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 06:51 PM   #34

Love it! Looking good! Have so much fun tonight!

Old 01-23-2013, 07:03 PM   #35
TAG! you're it!

S/C/G: 260/219/180

Height: 5'3"

OOOoooooh! Your going to knock this date outta the ballpark!
Old 01-23-2013, 07:28 PM   #36

S/C/G: 191/163/153

Nice outfit. You look great!
ImImportant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 01:31 AM   #37

I made it home! This guy is freakin' amazing. I am keeping my guard up definitely though because things are often way too good to be true for me, but in the meantime...

Calorie wise... I don't even wanna know, haha. The restaurant was really nice and it was exactly what he said it was; I had this really awesome strawberry salad with gorgonzola cheese, lamb chops, and we shared a little platter thing of hummus with pita bread and crackers. Really, the portions were extremely reasonable and every single thing I put in my mouth was simply to die for. However, I did indulge and split a dessert and had a dessert-y coffee/booze drink. And I had a half-glass of wine and a beer, which of course I realized after I was liek halfway through the bottle that it wasn't light beer. -sigh- I'm not really that worried about it though because I made a point to work out extra hard today and I burned off my lunch, lol, so by the time I got to dinner it was like I'd eaten nothing but breakfast. But afterwards, we did end up going back to the bar but they were having karaoke and it was really fun! They played all of the best songs ever and me and guy danced and he pretty much had his arms around me the whole time we were in there... it was really great.

But as much as he impressed me, I can't trust if he's genuine or not -- guys are so weird and while I'm going to continue to see him and see where things go I'm definitely gonna be guarded incase he's feeding me a line of bull. He actually even made a point to be open and honest with me about his intentions, which are that he's really just kinda seeing where things go. Not necessarily looking for something serious, but if it happens he's not opposed to it. Which I really feel like that's how it should be anyway; that way we can just have fun for a little while and worry about the "real" stuff when it comes time to worry about it. I like his apparent way of thinking.

Oh, and he can sing! Score!

Old 01-24-2013, 01:44 AM   #38

S/C/G: 283/245/200 (for now)

I am sooo proud and tickled for you!!!

Betba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 07:54 AM   #39
Heidi

S/C/G: 204.5/149/153

Height: 5'7"

Sounds like fun; I'm happy for you!

Working on losing some bloat...

newleaf123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 09:46 AM   #40

Glad you had a good time!

Old 01-24-2013, 10:57 AM   #41
Dukanista

S/C/G: high263/current257/ticker/198

Height: 5'7"

I am so glad you had a great time!

But if you are willing to listen to some old lady (50) advice, I'd suggest trying to get to a point of being more neutral about him. Meaning, yes, let him earn your trust about whether he's being sincere in his feelings and open to where things may go. However, instead of starting off at 0, it's like you are in negative numbers so he's going to have to earn a lot of extra trust just to get back to 0.

Unless you already have specific information to the contrary, why not go in with the general assumption that he's a good guy and you are going to give him a chance to prove that, rather than seemingly starting off with a presumption that he may be a bad guy and he has to prove that wrong.

HAPPY SPRING & APRIL FOOLS CHALLENGE
April Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 08:02 PM   #42

S/C/G: 331/283/250(for now)

Glad you had a good time!

www.goodreads.com/Saela

Doing this one day at a time.
CanadianCutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 10:18 PM   #43

SDFSDFD! Men are so freaking confusing! Or maybe it's just me and I'm impatient.

We all know Wednesday's date went well. Then, me and him met up at the bar Friday and all of our friends were there. Long story short, everything was going fine, we were dancing and talking with everyone, but he kept complaining of getting dizzy while we were dancing (and had to stop a few times) and a headache, so he ended up going home. When he left he kinda just headed toward the door and idk if he just expected me to follow or what, but I didn't, and he ended up coming back and we hugged and kissed (real kisses, again, and he kissed me earlier lol) and I told him to feel better and all he said to me was "I will, See ya later!"

I texted him the next morning (Saturday) to see if he was feeling better, and he told me he was and we chatted for a few minutes and then I got up and started my day, and pretty much left the conversation there. I didn't hear from him again until Monday after I got off work when he asked me how my weekend was, and I responded and asked how his was. Didn't get a response to that til yesterday, once again after I got off work, and we ended up talking about his guns and I told him I'd never shot one. He suggested that "we should remedy that", and I agreed and said it'd be exciting. He said it'd be fun. Not knowing what else to say, I just said "Well whenever you wanna do that, I'm down." and left the conversation at that. Still haven't gotten a response.

I guess what all this boils down to is he's kinda talking to me, and he's interacting with my stuff on Facebook, haha, but there's been no plans made for us to hang out again. I don't know what he's waiting on and like I said maybe I'm just being impatient but I really wanna hang out with him again. Maybe he's just really busy? Idk. What do y'all think?

Old 01-30-2013, 10:44 PM   #44

S/C/G: 202/ticker/135

Height: 5'2"

I'm exceedingly grateful that I am an old lady and don't have to worry about this stuff any more. I wish you the best. Just remember you are still young [by my standards, LOL], and there will be other chances for relationships if this one doesn't work out. I'll be thinking about you and your life.
Old 01-30-2013, 11:03 PM   #45

Honestly, I wish it were like the old days when texting didn't exist and you just CALLED someone and said, "Hey let's hang out Saturday!" and you make your plans and then you don't talk to them again until it's time to confirm said plans for Saturday. And then you meet on Saturday. That seems to be a better way of doing things then this whole waiting on a freaking text message. I understand him not wanting to text or him not being a big phone-talker, but at the same time it makes all of this extremely nerve-wracking. I don't really want to text him either, I wanna actually hang out with him and ya know, get to know him more on a face-to-face basis. This texting crap is stupid.

Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.