General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 01-12-2013, 01:01 AM   #1  
Restart 11/2012 at 153lbs

S/C/G: Hw194/Sw160/Cw120/gw125

Height: 5'2" on the dot!

Exclamation Good gift ideas? I have been bad!!!!

What would be a good gift for a new friend? I have known her for 4 months. Today she wanted to go to a spa to kick off her bday weekend. She knows I don't have much money so she used her gift cards. She is very generous, I try and pay when we go out when I have money. Well anyway anyone have any gift ideas? Her boyfriend has been my friend for 10 years, they have been together 7 years. He is planning a surprise outing tomorrow with all her friends. She is turning 41 and is into vintage clothes, so that I would not know how to pick.

Ok to make this weight related. I totally cheated today. We ate at the spa I had a chicken club. Man the bread was so big I had to remove part of it. I also had pasta with lunch. When we left the spa there was mad traffic to get home so we went to bj's and we had pizza. Thin crust, small pepperoni and bacon. I ate two slices. I really wanted pizza, have been craving it for weeks. My hubby and usually cheat a little on Saturdays. So I obviously changed in my day. I went overboard. But man I was so tired today. I know I woke up an hour early but it seems like the bread and pasta made me feel so exausted. I learned that I don't want to feel like this, going to plan ahead next time. Anyone feels this way after an unhealthy meal? I wonder if this is what I felt like all the time.
chubbiegurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 10:05 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 150/ticker/136

Height: 5"7

If you have some pictures of you and your new friend you could make a collage and put it in a frame. Thoughtful and inexpensive

I wouldn't worry about the cheat day... at least you realised that the unhealthy food made you feel bad - so you should feel proud you recognised that your body didn't want it - it was a learning experience that you can remember next time.
PinkWaterfall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 11:12 PM   #3  
Jillian stole my abs!

S/C/G: 195.8/138/140

Height: 5'5"

If she's into spa stuff, check out thriftyfun.com and check out the bath bomb recipe, it takes a bit to perfect, I know, tried it, but a great home made gift. You can shop thrift stores for old Christmas tins that you can spray paint or fancy jars or vases to put them in. They are fun.

You can also buy a plain ole bag of epsom salts, add a bit of scent, you can find this with the candles at Wal-Mart, mix and pour in any recycled/reused container like an old canning jar, add a bow, and voila!

Thriftyfun.com has tons of ideas and cool stuff!
shcirerf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 11:48 AM   #4  
Stephanie

S/C/G: 236/135-140/More Fit

Height: 5'6"

I have a few friends who have made cute wine glasses for each other. I've seen wine glasses at the dollar store, get glass paint and you could decorate it beautifully, or put inside jokes on it. If she's not a wine drinker (are there such people!?! j/k) you could do the same to a coffee mug or even a water bottle. Heck you could even do a frame and give a pic of you and her like a previous poster mentioned.

I don't have a ton of friends, but the ones I do have are all light hearted and silly people like me (even though we are all in our 30s and up now). I always find girlfriends appriciate the really thoughtful stuff, even if you just spent $5 on it (or less).
LockItUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 04:01 PM   #5  
Restart 11/2012 at 153lbs

S/C/G: Hw194/Sw160/Cw120/gw125

Height: 5'2" on the dot!

Thank for the responses some sound like fun stuff to make with my daughter, she loves arts and crafts. I just settled on some moroccan oil shampoo and conditioner, she always loves how my hair smells. She loved it and was so surprises showed up to her party cause I had told her alcohol was a no no till goal. If I am at a bar I have to have alcohol, I know I can say no but where's the fun in that.
chubbiegurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 06:44 PM   #6  

Agreed- just make something! Those are the best kind of presents. Or maybe plan a "spa day" at your house where you can do nails, face masks and bake cookies or something cute to have and nibble on
teekim22 is offline   Reply With Quote