General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 12-11-2012, 02:38 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 160:(/see ticker/125

Height: 5'4

Default diet and exercise affecting period??? (TMI)

I was on very low carb/high fat diet for the past few months, but recently went back to moderate carb/calorie counting because it fits my lifestyle better. I also upped my workouts in the past few weeks to 4-5 days a week.

I've been on the same pill for almost 3 yrs with no problems and out of the blue during my second week of active pills I get a full blown period (4 days now). Called my Dr. and they told me that diet and exercise can affect your hormones. Im not pregnant since I took a pregnancy test (my Dr. told me to)

So hard to be a woman!! Periods, fat, hormones... Ufff! I'm tired!
Question is... Did it happen to you and how long did it last?

Sorry boys for the info!!
CIELOARGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 04:08 PM   #2  
Lifelong Alaskan!

S/C/G: 230/180/150

Height: 5'5"

diet, exercise, any kind of physical stress will affect my period...it can range from the tiniest of periods to horrible ones but it will definitely affect it
alaskanlaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 04:15 PM   #3  
Sarah

S/C/G: 350/184/180

Height: 6'

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

diet, exercise, any kind of physical stress will affect my period...it can range from the tiniest of periods to horrible ones but it will definitely affect it
^ THat. My diet not so much, but excerise? Massivally. I started up Insanity, and ended up starting a week early this month...It usually takes my body about two cycles to adjust and regulate.
baker23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 04:42 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 335/see ticker/135

Height: 5'7 -171ish cm

I'm late now that ive started dieting again (maintained for a few months due to lifestyle) . I am hoping its from dieting lol..
CherryQuinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 04:59 PM   #5  

What I dont understand is how can I get my period while on the pill, isn't supposed to stop the process while you are on active pills?? I'm just confused... It never happened to me before
Old 12-11-2012, 06:37 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 196/146/135

Height: 5'5

Is it possible you missed a day or took it late? When I was on the pill I used to get my period if I forgot to take it even for a day or two IIRC.

Last edited by Clumsy; 12-11-2012 at 06:37 PM.
Clumsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 07:12 PM   #7  

I might had missed a pill here and there but l've been on them for 3 years and always missed one sometimes I just double up the next day....

If I could I would totally get every thing taken out but that will put me on menopause at the age of 29!!!! I have to take pills because of my period... Maybe i've been too long on them and they are just not working anymore....
Old 12-11-2012, 09:44 PM   #8  
Shrinking Angela

S/C/G: 210/ticker/140

Height: 5'3"

Maybe you should take a break from the pills for a bit and see what happens? I know that my level of activity and diet definitely have changed my hormone cycles.
themusicalfruit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 09:57 PM   #9  
Hi, I'm Lauren! :)

S/C/G: SW:209 / CW:184/ GW:~160

Quote:
Originally Posted by CIELOARGE View Post
If I could I would totally get every thing taken out but that will put me on menopause at the age of 29!!!! I have to take pills because of my period... Maybe i've been too long on them and they are just not working anymore....

This happened to me!!! I've been on the pill for nearly 3 years now, was on Yaz for the first year and then I randomly started bleeding for no reason. My doctor told me it was possible that the pills just gave out and switched me to a different pill. I've been on Sprintec (a low-dose generic) ever since and have had no problems. Maybe try switching pills?
mimsyborogoves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 11:38 PM   #10  

Quote:
Originally Posted by themusicalfruit View Post
Maybe you should take a break from the pills for a bit and see what happens? I know that my level of activity and diet definitely have changed my hormone cycles.
Being off the pill is just not an option for me. First, I would get pregnant just thinking about being off the pill and second the pills control my period, otherwise my cycle would be of 21 days instead of 28 and extremely painfull and long... So I need them like water lol
Old 12-11-2012, 11:40 PM   #11  

Quote:
Originally Posted by mimsyborogoves View Post
This happened to me!!! I've been on the pill for nearly 3 years now, was on Yaz for the first year and then I randomly started bleeding for no reason. My doctor told me it was possible that the pills just gave out and switched me to a different pill. I've been on Sprintec (a low-dose generic) ever since and have had no problems. Maybe try switching pills?
I might have to do just that, which I hate because I tried others before and they give me acne
Old 12-12-2012, 06:05 AM   #12  
Leveling Up

S/C/G: 200+/115/115

Height: 5'3"

A LOT of things can effect your period, not just dieting and exercising. It's pretty darn sensitive, actually. If you're under a lot of stress, change in environment or being around women can change it up.

Mine progressively got shorter as I lost weight. I used to have 5 day monster periods that left me doubled over in pain. Eventually I got down to three day light ones that were nothing.
sontaikle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 06:48 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/124

Height: 5'2

I am having this problem . I missed my monthly last month, so I will see what will happen this month. I do not take birth control pills or anything preventing pregnancy! I talked to my doctor about it and he said my body is trying to adjust to the weight loss.

We will see!

Good luck!
Fatness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 11:04 AM   #14  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

I don't know. It is a little surprising that you're on the pill and this is happening, but cycles are sensitive things.

Mine is unpredictable - I have a very beta cycle and just cling to the female I spend the most time with. Last month my roommate and I were both 2 1/2 weeks late (but PMS/the HUNGER started on time - very annoying)!
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote