General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 12-10-2012, 07:14 PM   #1  
Sarah

S/C/G: 350/184/180

Height: 6'

Default Help me choose a haircut/color :)

On friday, I'm going to the salon for the first time in 4 months(gotten a bit lazy) and quite honestly, I'm pretty awful with choosing a good cut/color for myself.

I've wanted a pixie for a long time but not sure if it would look good or if I would go through with it or even what style I should get xD Maybe this one with longer bangs??

pretty open with any suggestions and what you think would look alright. I'm turning 25 in a few months and would like to update my look a little bit

This is my face shape and the second shows my current color/roughly the length it is now in natural light(was taken a month ago) Nothing is out of bounds...

Oh my bangs are at a pretty awkward length right now. when straight down they go about 1/2- 3/4 of an inch below the bottom of my eyes...so a cut with bangs that are sideswepted would be ideal Thanks in advance everyone

Last edited by baker23; 12-11-2012 at 11:08 AM.
baker23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 07:42 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 247/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4

If you were my client I'd go with that cut! It's adorable. As far as color I'd go with a rich brown with a partial highlight of a rich red and lighter browns.
Thedollylala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 07:53 PM   #3  
Back to Basics!

S/C/G: 187/127/125

Height: 5' 2.5"

That style doesn't work on everyone, but your face shape seems perfect for it!
ChickieChicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 08:07 PM   #4  

Not really sure about the color, but that cut would look great on you. Go for it.
kelleyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 09:49 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 285/211/165

Height: 5'6"

Red! Pixie! You can totally pull it off. Can't wait to see pics!
juliana77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 11:52 PM   #6  

Hi,
I would suggest you go and try on some wigs cut in this style. At the same time you could explore different colors without any risk.

You have the golden rule of beauty in that your face is almost in 3 equal parts which is the gold standard for beautiful people. I have tested it out and it is true so consider yourself quite lucky.

Personally I think the pixie would be fabulous on you .

Sheridan
Sheridan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 08:23 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 325/125/maintaining

Height: 5'6.5

You have a well proportioned face...you can easily wear that hairstyle. With those gorgeous blue eyes, red would look stunning! More of a deep red, instead of strawberry blonde.
KatMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 11:55 AM   #8  
Fear does not = fate

S/C/G: 295/140/nogoal :)

Height: 5'2"

I'd go red, but maybe instead of the pixie, so a wispy asymestrical bob.

Once you go that short, it's not going to be able to be glued back on! So if you like the bob and like having short hair (which takes some styling) you can always cut it shorter.
owlsteazombies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 02:04 PM   #9  
Sarah

Owlsteazombies- Do you have a picture to give me a better idea of what a wispy asmestrical bob would look like? 4 years ago I hacked off 11 inches to donate, and ended up with this angled bob:

That I really liked so going to much shorter wouldn't be that different(although if I go short, I prob won't grow it out again since it took two years to get past that awkward phase 0.o)

so it seems like its pretty unanimous about either a short or pixie cut with red hair...so Looking for more ideas about the actual cut in one of these styles..
Old 12-11-2012, 02:23 PM   #10  
Porthardygurl

S/C/G: 315/see ticker/180

Height: 6ft

I would do the pixie cut and then i would do a burgandy/red color for your hair thats dark..not a bright red..but a nice rich dark cherry kind of color..it will contrast with your eyes and your eyes will pop!
Porthardygurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 03:36 PM   #11  
Fear does not = fate

S/C/G: 295/140/nogoal :)

there we go Little shorter than what you posted and much edgier

Last edited by owlsteazombies; 12-11-2012 at 03:38 PM.
owlsteazombies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 05:10 PM   #12  
Krissy Missy

S/C/G: 181/see ticker/120

Sorry, but it looks like I'm in the minority! I think that you have a good face shape for the pixie cut (if anybody does), but I just don't think that that hairstyle is flattering on anyone. Just my humble opinion, I don't mean any offense
Missy Krissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 05:44 PM   #13  
Sarah

None taken...everyone I've asked(family/friends) told me not to do it...I just think short hair if done right, makes women sexy. Something about that sass that comes along with it.

And I feel like I use my long hair to hide behind, and I don't want to anymore. Its going to be liberating more then anything...Haha

Owlsteazombies-That cut is amazing and definitely edgy...The person wearing it has the absolute perfect face for it..
Old 12-11-2012, 09:51 PM   #14  

I went short lately by starting off with a bob and then went shorter and shorter... I LOVE it! It is so much fun and it's only hair. It will always grow back if you want longer later.
kelleyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 12:01 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 255/ticker/185?

Height: 5'6"

I LOVE "Once Upon A Time"! I think Snow is adorable! I think you might be able to pull off a pixie. If you're uncertain, don't go quite so drastic. Try not quite so short, work your way up to it...talk to a stylist you trust. Also there are some free programs online where you can upload your photo & try on styles & colors. It's kinda fun.

I, too, will want a BIG change in my hair when I get closer to my goal. I've had the same "hairstyle" for the last decade or so. I'm tired of it! I want to find something fun, not to hard to care for & flattering.

Let us know what you come up with! I'm curious to see.
MrsTryingAgain is offline   Reply With Quote