General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 11-09-2012, 07:40 PM   #16  

Height: 5'8

I would have to be looking at them to notice
southern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 11:43 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 255/ticker/185?

Height: 5'6"

I guess I'm kinda guilty of that...I don't know why I do it. Curious I guess.

If people look in my cart, especially now...I don't mind. My cart is filled with lots of fruits, veggies & very, very little "junk". Fact is, last time I went to the grocery store the most fattening thing in it was a 4 pack of muffins my hubby put in. He likes to eat like 1/2 of one in the morning. I stay away from them.
MrsTryingAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 09:46 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 153.2/145.6/125

Height: 5'2"

I look at other people's carts and I judge them based on how processed the food they have chosen is. This happens most at Costco because at other stores I don't wait in line to check out.
ERHR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 10:10 AM   #19  
Nicole

S/C/G: 252/ticker/150

Height: 5' 10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ERHR View Post
I look at other people's carts and I judge them based on how processed the food they have chosen is. This happens most at Costco because at other stores I don't wait in line to check out.
DH is in restaurant management. His previous job they bought quite a bit at Sam's Club. I bet there were people that had some really interesting reactions to our cart. Gallons of cooking oil, jugs of ranch dressing, etc.
Nikel1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 10:14 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 196/146/135

Height: 5'5

Sorry I offended you Ballerina, paranoid was a careless choice of words. Paranoid is completely accurate in my case, though . Just because I'm paranoid, doesn't mean ERHR isn't looking in my cart and judging my pizza pops . Love it!

Last edited by Clumsy; 11-10-2012 at 10:15 AM.
Clumsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 11:51 AM   #21  
Leveling Up

S/C/G: 200+/115/115

Height: 5'3"

I've had people comment on what I'm buying, but the funny thing is it happens MORE now!

When I order/buy a salad (and I legitimately love salads with chicken and no dressing), a diet soda, or generally just stick to what's considered the healthier alternative people say things like: "oh that's why you're so skinny."

People always seem curious as to what I eat. I've had folks awkwardly gawk at my plate, as if they're studying me. Does this happen to other thin people?

I'm kind of used to it, I guess. It happened when I was heavy...it's just that nobody took an active interest in my diet.
sontaikle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 12:01 PM   #22  
Katrina

S/C/G: 162/see ticker/130

Height: 5'6

I am guilty of staring in peoples carts or what the person in front of me has on the belt. I then in turn look to see how skinny or large they are. I know what your buying doesn't mean your eating it to yourself or thats the reason they are big/small, I just can't help it. It's totally bad. I would never ever say anything though and I am sure people have done it to me before (My husband is the KING of junk food so you can imagine what my cart looks like....).
Candeka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 07:10 PM   #23  
Claim it ,Achieve it!

S/C/G: 212/104.2/120

Height: 5'2"

Well I confess I look if it's in front of me while I waiting in line.

Also I pay attention to parent's who children are putting on a floor show out in public.
I think is natural to pay attention to your surroundings unless your engrossed in Texting or Chatting on the phone.
People have commented on what's in my cart and I have gotten the heads up on products I might like to try.
My DH also talks to strangers in line and asks questions and I have never heard of anyone complaining.
I think we have natural curiosity and long as nothing is mean spirited I don't have a problem with it,and I could possibly learn something .
Roo2
Roo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 08:11 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 171/ticker/121

Height: 5' 1"

Maybe that's it Roo2 -- I'm so used to seeing people glued to their phones, when they observe me (I'm a bit of a wallflower sometimes) I notice.

Ah well. I'm being silly, I know.
Quiet Ballerina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 07:35 AM   #25  
Sassafrass

S/C/G: 325/240/175

Height: 5'5"

I will say - I don't care when other people look at my cart but yesterday I had the weirdest interaction where this woman literally looked in my cart HARD for like 2 minutes, looked me up and down and then walked away.

This is sorta along the same line, but I do get a little insecure when I buy cr*p food for DH because I'm convinced people are like, "D*mn fatty..." My cart will be essentially all produce and lean meat and then like 3 Totino's pizzas, stouffer's frozen mac and cheese, full fat ice cream and beer.

Too funny.
SoMuchFattitude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 08:18 AM   #26  
Days Go By So Quickly

S/C/G: 194.4/174.2/160

I always look in peoples carts with the mind set of, "Did i forget something??" Because I NOTORIOUSLY forget something while going food shopping.
BleuMaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 08:21 AM   #27  
Days Go By So Quickly

S/C/G: 194.4/174.2/160

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoMuchFattitude View Post
I will say - I don't care when other people look at my cart but yesterday I had the weirdest interaction where this woman literally looked in my cart HARD for like 2 minutes, looked me up and down and then walked away.

This is sorta along the same line, but I do get a little insecure when I buy cr*p food for DH because I'm convinced people are like, "D*mn fatty..." My cart will be essentially all produce and lean meat and then like 3 Totino's pizzas, stouffer's frozen mac and cheese, full fat ice cream and beer.

Too funny.
I am like that when I got cloths shopping. Every time I look for something that fits, I get looks like, "Damn fat ***, you should be wearing a poncho or a moo-moo". But I dont know how realistic I am or if my own low self esteem is projecting it.
BleuMaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 08:38 AM   #28  

S/C/G: 247/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4

If I see someone in work out clothes or if they look fit and healthy I will spy in their carts. Just to see what they are eating and if it could work for me.
Thedollylala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 11:24 AM   #29  
Stephanie

S/C/G: 236/135-140/More Fit

I think it's normal to look and I think it's normal to feel weird if you spy someone gawking at your stuff.

I tend to do this with very elderly people. I have this facination with what elderly people eat because my great grandma only ate toast, ice cream, and orange gatorade when she got very old (90s). I don't know why, but I think it's so cute when I see a very tiny old man buying just yogurt and a box of wine. I think to myself, when I'm really old, I'm totally going to do that!!!
LockItUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 01:46 PM   #30  
Here to Learn

S/C/G: 225/140/135

Height: 5'5"

I don't know if they do, but I always wonder if they do, and if so what they are thinking. I buy very healthy food. My average cart will include some form of fresh meat, fresh vegetables and fruit, quinoa, beans, etc. It's incredibly rare for me to buy anything processed, I don't buy soda, I don't buy juice, I don't buy candy. And I always think that if someone is looking in my cart and then looks at me, they'll wonder why I'm obese. But I think that's more a reflection of how I feel because I wonder that. I often wonder why when I exercise and eat the way I do, why I'm obese. So it's probably all in my head.
EagleRiverDee is offline   Reply With Quote