General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 04-03-2003, 11:04 AM   #1  

Default Thongs (pro-con-fit-etc)

Ok, I have a flat butt, I'll admit it. I am so tired of my underwear crawling up my crack that I'm really considering buying thong underwear. Problem is, I have heard so many things that I'm not sure if I would really want to get any. Example, I've heard they can cause yeast infections and hemeroids. I've also heard buy them a size bigger than what you would normally wear so they don't cut into you (you know down there).

But then I think about it all and wonder, why in the world would I want to wear a thong when I'm already self conscious? It would be like looking at two giganto golf balls being flossed. Not a pretty site.

So anyway, any advice or insite would be greatly appreciated.
Old 04-03-2003, 06:02 PM   #2  

Hey, I say go for it. Just try it. Whats it going to hurt. Only buy a couple, and if it doesn't work out, then...... oh well.......

Kelly
Old 04-09-2003, 01:00 AM   #3  

They take a little getting used to (like getting into the habit of NOT digging them out of thy butt ), but they take away the hideous panty lines under slacks and dresses. I already own two pair that I keep for my dressier outfits.
Old 04-10-2003, 04:43 PM   #4  

Hey there-

Thinking about diving into the world of thongs, huh? Well, they are new to me and after getting used to them, I actually have started to like them. They are not uncomfortable, in fact I hardly notice them. And I don't have to worry about pantylines anymore...
I like the ones at Lane Bryant. They are large enough (buy them in your regular size) and they make some with a thin piece of elastic. I don't like the think piece of fabric; really, if I wanted that much fabric up my butt, I'd wear my regular underwear. They are kind of expensive ($12.50-14.50) but they usually have specials, like buy 3-get-3-free. Then you have enough undies to last you a long time.

tsprout
Old 04-10-2003, 04:49 PM   #5  

Thank you ladies!! I did go out and buy a couple of pair, though they were kind of small fitting, but that's ok they were cheap. I think I'm going to check out lanebryant right now to see if I can catch a good deal.
Old 04-17-2003, 06:47 PM   #6  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Default THANK YOU LADIES!

Here all this time I thought I had to wait until I lost A LOT of weight before I could wear a thong underwear! Not to sound silly or stupid, but I honestly didn't think they made them in big sizes. I used to shop at Lane Bryant quite a bit but haven't been to one in about a year or two so I would have never guessed they had them, so thanks!
Old 04-21-2003, 03:25 PM   #7  
12 pounds lost in 2006

Hi Ladies,

I've been wearing thongs everyday now for the past 4 years. They do take a little getting used to but believe me it's worth it. And once your used to them you don't even feel them.

You don't have to worry about the yucky underwear line as Loranden mentioned and if you have a significant other in your life then I'm sure they will like it as well

I suggest putting on normal underwear at night to give your behind a little breathing room though
Old 04-21-2003, 04:03 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

(cracking up at the breathing room thing....)
Fashion Bug also has a grat selection of thongs in regular and plus sizes, and gorgeous undies in regular styles as well. They usually have the buy 3, get 3 sales there as well. Thongs and T-backs are the name of the ones with the thicker strip of fabric down the center, and g-strings are the name for the ones with the thinner "string" piece of elastic. (my old roomate had a sister who was a stripper.)
I personally have tried to wear them and get used to them...and I just can't do it-when I do wear them it is only if I am going to be taking them off sometime within the next hour or so... and on those occasions, I have found the soft stretchy lace T-backs the most comfortable for me.
Aphil
Old 04-22-2003, 10:26 PM   #9  

I totally can't do thongs. I've tried but I've worked for so long to keep things OUT of my crack that I can't imagine purposely putting something there! A lot of the girls I work with wear them but they are also teeny little college girls and they love them. What the heck, you never know til you try!!
Old 04-24-2003, 07:47 PM   #10  

Well since I made my first post, I've now bought about 7 pair. My latest pair are T-backs (g-string?) and I like those a lot better than the other thongs, because like aphil said, it's a thinner piece of fabric in the back. They seem much more comfortable than the thicker piece of fabric, which to be honest sometimes feel like they need to be dug out.

I was always so self conscious about wearing any type of underwear other than briefs, because I never thought I was thin enough. But what I'm finding out is even if they don't look so great on me because I'm big, I'm not really ever looking at myself in them. And when I wear them I feel sexy. As long as I think about how they feel, not think constantly about how they looked on me when I put them on, I'm really liking them.

It's nice to lose a hangup when the result makes you feel better than you ever thought they would.
Old 04-25-2003, 07:40 PM   #11  

I think thongs are so much more comfy! I been wearing them forever, even when I was over 300lbs...not that anyone saw me in them then.....but a few people have seen me in them now LOL
Closed Thread