General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 07-10-2012, 10:45 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 220.5/185/140

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by junebug41 View Post
Anyone see the 50 Shades of Suck Tumblr?
Just found it! Fantastic!!
oksoitsjen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 11:41 PM   #47  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Asking my wife tonight about the poor grammar she said it was difficult to get by it being a teacher. I asked her what she thought about it and she said she didn't like it enough to read any more in the series...

and...

it pissed her off the gal in it had more orgasms in 3 days than she has had in her whole life...

I guess that puts the ball back in my court!
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 09:05 AM   #48  

S/C/G: 220.5/185/140

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZMONEY View Post
it pissed her off the gal in it had more orgasms in 3 days than she has had in her whole life...

I guess that puts the ball back in my court!
I think you've got some work to do!!!
oksoitsjen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 01:09 PM   #49  

Removed content. I had put links to three erotica books I had published by Black Lace and Hodder & Stoughton but I was mortified that there was no feedback or response (a little hurt to be honest). Anyway, I had laid myself on the line there, I do not usually feel comfortable with revealing my writing history and, in the absence of a response I decided to remove the content of my post.

A little vulnerable feeling after getting excited about sharing

Last edited by Sinoia; 07-13-2012 at 01:18 AM. Reason: I was mortified at no response and I had laid myself on the line so, in the absence of feedback, I deleted the content
Sinoia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 12:07 PM   #50  

Bump!
Old 07-13-2012, 10:17 PM   #51  
PCOS/IR/Hypothyroid

Height: 5'8"

I haven't read it -- reviews were poor and a friend of mine read all of them and told me the reviews were right. Poorly written, bad edit job, etc. She wishes she could get that time of her life BACK to go spend it reading something better.

Better off hunting down collections edited by Violet Blue or Alison Tyler.

A.

Last edited by astrophe; 07-13-2012 at 10:18 PM.
astrophe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 07:24 AM   #52  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

The author was ay a local Costco this past week-end autographing her books...

they stopped the line at 1,200 and sent tons of people home...

it was a 2.5 hour wait at that time.

She's doing something right $$$.
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 11:44 AM   #53  

S/C/G: 170/*see ticker*/120

Height: 5'3

so I got to like the first 80 pages of book one, I didn't even make it to the sex scenes, but I just had to put it down. I didn't feel any sort of real connection between Grey and Ana and I just felt like there was no real story going on, just dialogue, and I found the story to be pretty unbelievable also. I wanted to get further in the book, but I just gave up, I had a lot higher expectations with all of the reviews, but this book was a thumbs down for me.
SoCalCowgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 01:49 AM   #54  

Try this one.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Housesha...2503984&sr=8-2

excerpt from a review:

- they meet when Rupe, the gorgeous sytems analyst (I know, it looks like an oxymoron), moves into one of the rooms advertised for rent by Tine, widow of a prominent artist. And Tine, at least, knows who she's cybering with - some of the time: I will admit there's a twist in the tail. I enjoyed this book. Before the erotica kicks in there is actually quite a moving portrayal of Tine's efforts to get on with her life which is good writing in any genre. There are great food scenes. There's a sub-plot about stolen art, and some interesting, sexy characters doing interesting, sexy things. This was not half bad. And if you weren't convinced that cybersex is "real" sex, this book might just make you reconsider.
Old 07-17-2012, 07:00 PM   #55  

S/C/G: 286/262/176

I was curious about the books and I'm not a reader. I find I get bored reading unless it's about something that really interests me. So I found a copy of an ebook and converted it to an audiobook or mp3 file which the first book goes for a bit over 16 hours. I play it in the car driving to and from work and have been enjoying it Now I'm curious about erotic stories and want to find more. I guess it gives me a better understanding too about what women think about. There is a lot of detail on minor things, but those things aren't so minor to women. The biting of the lip, the slight touch...etc

I once posted a romantic and erotic true story and was critiqued on how it was written. Now I understand women want more detail, where is a guy just wants to get to the juicy parts minus the detail.

I hope I continue to enjoy the books and can't wait to see the movie. I want to know how different the movie will be and I'll be able to put a face to the names.
collingwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 07:03 PM   #56  

S/C/G: 324/283/260

Height: 5'7''

I cannot bring myself to read these books. I just can't imagine liking them and havent got around to trying. However, I AM intrigued by the wide range of women that seem to like them so I will probably break down and read them eventually.
katkitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 11:49 PM   #57  

Height: 5'11

Hate to say it, but another overly glorified chick flick. Not a fan of chick flicks because I don't call them chick flicks. Sex? Go read the Karma Sutra, or a romance novel.
Thkdiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 01:24 AM   #58  

S/C/G: 237/177/175

Eh, I read it because a friend passed along her books when she was finished. The writing is, indeed, terrible, but it was so bad, I thought it was fun. We had great laughs talking over some of the writer's terrible habits. There were a couple "hot" aspects to the story, and I get a kick out of every person in America denying that because, as it's been mentioned, she must be doing something right. Someone's buying and reading and recommending these books.

And I agree that the plot is just unbelievable to the point of laughability. Again, I find this a bit fun (campy, maybe). I mean the three books basically take place over, like, two months. Everything is so dramatic all the time. I won't give anything away, but given all that happens, it's just hysterical. I laughed a lot during the reading. Wouldn't recommend anyone run out and buy these books, but I did my part and passed them along.
scout83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 05:37 AM   #59  

S/C/G: 286/262/176

I was sent this today... not sure if you will get all the lingo/slang but if not, let me know and I'll translate for you

collingwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 09:47 AM   #60  

S/C/G: 212/216/150

Height: 5'3

Never read them, but my boss did. I was about to buy them when she warned me about the nature of the books which was really nice of her. lol

I am baffled by everyone obsessing over these books! Everyone at work seems to be talking about them, but its a lot of complaining over her writing, repetition, etc. Than the same people will say, "I have to get her other two books. I heard they were better." They get the second one and complain again, and talk about how the 3rd one has to be the best. I just don't get it. lol

I can promise I won't read them, but I did get a laugh out of what collingwood just posted! lol

Last edited by CrystalZ10; 07-18-2012 at 09:49 AM.
CrystalZ10 is offline   Reply With Quote