General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 06-18-2012, 07:44 PM   #1  

Height: 5'8

Default Anyone's Life Revolve Around This?

I'm currently unemployed and have been for quite some time. My life seems to revolve around diet, exercise, filling out job applications, crafts and watching movies/shows on the computer. So, I was wondering, does anyone else have an equally boring life with much of the focus on losing weight? Is it really healthy to have all that time to focus on weight, calories, exercise, etc?
Kaliii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 07:49 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 230/ticker/150

Height: 5'8

I work 3 part time jobs during summer (I'm a student) all together I work 60-70 hours a week. Everyday goes like this: breakfast, lunch, moving between jobs, walking home, making supper, working from home, sleep, rinse repeat.

Chores such as laundry or groceries is my source of fun. But I know it's worth it. I will have a wonderful vacation in Vegas with the fiancé in August, a great wedding and be done school this year.

I don't resist the structure of my life, i use it to help re-enforce the structure of my eating habits.
Katbot24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 07:54 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 195/180.2/165

Height: 5'9"

My life doesn't revolve around this any more than it revolves around my spending plan or my household chores. Its just part of what I do.

I quickly do my tracking in the morning for breakfast and lunch, then figure out what I want for dinner within my limits. Done.

Exercise is generally built into my day as something I enjoy like a swim, bike ride, running to train for a race or lifting weights while watching TV.

If your life is boring its not because you are counting calories and losing weight.
seagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 08:06 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 247/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4

My life revolves around exercising, then going to work, or working then exercising, taking care of my 5 year old, and every other weekend seeing my fiancé over the weekend, ocassionally I'll fiddle with a craft if I have the time, but me personally I really embrace down time, when I get it.
Thedollylala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 08:27 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 288/288/175

Height: 174cm

You pretty much described my life there, although I also make time for repeated attempts at baby-making. Weight loss and exercise do feature pretty heavily in my life, but not because I obsess over them. It's just because there's not much else going on, so this one thing - that requires effort and fine tuning, and gives me more data to play with every day, and is showing real, tangible results - seems like it's taken over rather.

I feel like it's good in a way though. Easier, certainly. I have few distractions, few opportunities to go off-plan, nothing pressing to do in time that would otherwise be spent exercising. All the people here who've managed to change their lives while juggling mortgages and jobs and kids and all the everyday struggles of life, they've achieved something greater than I have.
Brid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 08:36 PM   #6  

Wow, I loved this thread. A lot of my thoughts and actions during a day have to do with food...eating it, trying not to eat it, planning what I want, planning what I will want, feeling guilty if I eat too much, congratulating myself if I don't and on and on and on....But so what? If it wan't this it would be something else. I feel very blessed in so many ways and I am grateful for this website as it can help a lot. Thanks for all the great posts
grabec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 08:44 PM   #7  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by grabec View Post
Wow, I loved this thread. A lot of my thoughts and actions during a day have to do with food...eating it, trying not to eat it, planning what I want, planning what I will want, feeling guilty if I eat too much, congratulating myself if I don't and on and on and on....But so what? If it wan't this it would be something else. I feel very blessed in so many ways and I am grateful for this website as it can help a lot. Thanks for all the great posts
I like very much what you posted, grabec!

It might seem like there is alot of thought that goes into eating and exercising but we HAVE to eat, at least a couple times during the day, so yeah there should be some thought put into it. About the exercise, well I have accepted that it is something that just has to be done, like showering or brushing teeth. And working at being fit is what gives me energy to work, then come home and cut the grass, do landscaping, clean house, ride my motorcycle

Last edited by VermontMom; 06-18-2012 at 08:45 PM.
VermontMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 12:17 AM   #8  

I play WoW.
Sinoia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 09:22 PM   #9  
Summer 2012! :)

S/C/G: 350/165/165

Height: 5'11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaliii View Post
I'm currently unemployed and have been for quite some time. My life seems to revolve around diet, exercise, filling out job applications, crafts and watching movies/shows on the computer. So, I was wondering, does anyone else have an equally boring life with much of the focus on losing weight? Is it really healthy to have all that time to focus on weight, calories, exercise, etc?
YES! oh god YES! i'm SO happy to find someone in my EXACT SAME situation. ahhhhh. it's driving me CRAZY. & there's NOTHING you can do about it. damn economy. i wasn't able to go back to school for the summer semester; only fall. so, i have another few months of this MADNESS. ahhhhhhh! i've been unemployed since january.

this is the 1st time. i've always been in school f/t &/or working f/t. i've always managed to lose weight because i prioritized it & really valued it. & being busy helped the weight come off even moreso, actually.

i mean, the break/slow pace is nice & all. especially when i look back @ the many many many times i've burned myself out in the past from being TOO busy. but i'm BORED. i'm not even getting any responses for VOLUNTEERING. i find myself following so many $hit-for-brain t.v. shows/celebrity blogs/social media sites that i used to scoff @.

i'm also spending a bit of time trying to date, too. but it's hard, 'cause all guys are busy working. dang.
all my friends (the few that i have ) are busy working, too. man, it's tough.

it's weird to not have much to think about besides making sure the dishes are done. rinse. repeat. ...literally. haha!

Last edited by trancedreamer; 06-19-2012 at 09:28 PM.
trancedreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 10:24 AM   #10  

LOL i can relate to this post so much i'm also currently unemployed but i study part- time 2 days a week so i'm always looking for work and filling out application after application and sending my resume off all the time i also am dieting so that also takes up most of my time been pretty lazy lately havent been exercising but getting back on track monday but i can so relate i had to comment hahaha my life is so boring i dont know what to do i need to change it a little not the diet part thats very important because i'm improving my health but i watch too much movies online i need to stop & get out and about instead of staying at home watching movies .
Fat2slimgirl12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 03:04 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 150/see tracker/110

Height: 5'1"

I can kind of relate. I'm on summer vacation right now, and I always end up falling into some pattern. Sleep, eat, read, internet. There is a lot of focus on my diet and exercising this summer, especially because I need to stay in control to not binge-eat.

However in my opinion, the most boring day in summer is better than the most boring day at school.
CoffeeFueledUnicorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 10:25 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 172/ticker/114

Height: 5'3"

i'm kind of in the same boat as well. I graduated from college in December & I don't start my grad school program until September, so since then weight loss / fitness has been my whole life. some days i get bored & think i'm gonna go crazy, but i feel like its better this way because when i go to school my healthy habits will engrained me so i won't falter as much.
delyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 10:33 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 183/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5"

I feel like it's beginning to, yes. Granted I've only been doing it for a week, but it seems like it's all I've been able to think about in that time. I'm on summer break right now, so it'll probably get better as it becomes routine and focus on my schoolwork takes over in the fall. Oh well - this is something I have control over, if not much else in my life. Better to be preoccupied with health and fitness than continue to let myself gain weight and sink deeper and deeper into my issues.

Last edited by McMurphy; 06-22-2012 at 10:34 PM.
McMurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 06:25 AM   #14  
keep going

S/C/G: 176/ticker/140

Height: 5'6

I'm in a very similar boat! I don't have a lot of structured time away from home so I spend a lot of time thinking about it. I'm also able to have all of my meals here and am generally away from temptation. I wonder how things would be if I had a full time typical job.
LeilaJey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 06:43 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 214/190/140

Height: 5'5"

I can relate too. I spent most of the last year pretty much obsessed by my weight loss journey. I put all my energy into it because I was so determined to do it. It's only now that I'm nearly there that I'm allowing myself to focus on other things too
Elliemar is offline   Reply With Quote