General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 06-17-2012, 09:54 AM   #1  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Smile Happy Father's Day DAD

Happy Father's Day Dad,

It has been just about 25 years since we last celebrated one together. Sometimes it just doesn't really seem that long ago. My sister and bil, and brother, as well as myself, think of you often.

Your name and memories come up during those Dodger, Laker and Raider games. And of course at work from time to time, so many family and friends got into the drywall trade through your company. Those that still do, as you taught us..."Do a good job EVERYTIME and you will always have a job"....most of us have found that to be absolutely true.

You were an awesome dad! You never missed a Little League or Pony League game I was in, even though you had to go to work very early or stay late on other days to make up the time to feed our family. You taught me how to play baseball, listening to those Dodger games with you every night, as a boy, still brings back memories from spring training to the Series.

Riding on the back of your BSA 650 from Oceanside, CA to Bloomington, IL when I was 13 is a joy I bet not too many kids ever experienced! Oh, and thanks for letting me drive every now and then. Of course we both graduated up to those Harleys You and mom had a lot of fun all those years on your 74 and then the 80 us kids bought you for your 25th Anniversary. It killed us to see you sell it when you were too sick to ride anymore. Money you gave us later for Christmas presents for your grandchildren from PaPa, knowing you weren't going to see another Christmas. You almost did dad....almost.

You were always there for my brothers and sister with their motorcycle racing...oh the hours you guys put in the garage and at the race track. All those dance recitals. All those little league games. All those open houses for your 4 kids. You didn't make them all but just about.

Nobody's perfect....and you sure weren't! I often tell people you were a great dad but a lousy husband. You were pretty good to mom though. She never had to work until she wanted to, but really, how could she...married at 16, pregnant at 17...4 kids in a short time...living on a NAVY income had to be hard.

Take a way a couple of those girlfriends and some of those (ok a lot of those) late nights in the bar and you sure would have been a better husband that's for sure!

I know growing up for you was a lot tougher. Having your butt kicked by your dad daily...most likely abuse...no one ever talked about it but we all knew it was there from hearing you and Uncle Gordon "talk". From what I can figure out Grandpa just didn't know how to apply the "spare the rod, spoil the child" scripture. It was obvious you all got past that though somehow. So many good memories of all of us together.

There was harm from that though that continued down to us. Oh, you never beat us, Thank God for that. But boy did we understand what a good spanking meant! Thank you for that! They didn't happen often but boy oh boy did we know when we were in trouble

The harm wasn't in the spankings dad, it was the fact that your experience with church growing turned you away from it. It must have been hard going and hearing about the love of Jesus and our Father then going home and getting whacked! We did try to go as a family a few times and I thank you for your effort. As you know the seeds were planted by Grandpa and you and you watched me take my very young brand new family to church and teach them about Jesus. You shared in that for a few years before you left.

I will never forget you taking me to work before I was 10, teaching me how to work and then paying me $$...and also finding time to throw the baseball around at lunch. I made a lot of $$ early in life thanks to you...and lost a lot of $$$ thanks to you too A LOT! boy did you screw me over....I got past that many years ago dad but I know it always bothered you

Those nights drinking with you and the guys at the bar was sure fun for a 16 year old! But probably not such a good idea boy did we PO mom and my girlfriend

Well dad, I gotta go. I have church this morning and will meet up with your grandson and his wife, along with your GREAT GRANDdaughter1 for lunch....did that with your GREAT GRANDdaughter2 on Friday.

Before I leave I wanted to tell you that all my buddies text me or FB me from time to time and still talk about the fun times we all had bowling, going to Padre and Dodger games, playing poker and the BBQ's...they will always remember Papa Ron

You were a great "dad" to many....that was passed on to me, or so the kid's friend say I learned a lot from you on what to do AND on what NOT to do...

I hope I was/am a better dad than you were...

and I hope my son is a better father than me...

so far he's doing pretty darn good

I know I will see you some day dad, I hope it's not too soon though

I was there when you left, I know you saw Jesus Hard to explain that to those that weren't there...but I have witnesses We know what we saw.

I love you dad, and give a hug to mom for me...

if she hasn't kicked you out again!

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY EVERYONE
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 10:26 AM   #2  
Began IP 3-29-2012

S/C/G: 470/316/220

Height: 6'00"

Happy fathers day Dad. You've been gone 13 years now. I miss you. I hope everyone has a great day. Spend time with those you love and make sure you tell them.
usmcvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 10:45 AM   #3  
Tai

S/C/G: 272/111/Maintaining

Height: 5'4"

What a nice way to honor our Dads; thanks for starting it EZ. I hope you have a good Father's Day as well.

Happy Father's Day to my wonderful Dad. You've been gone a year and nine months and I miss you so much. You were the best father anyone ever had.
Tai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 01:04 PM   #4  
Goal is health

S/C/G: 238.8/176.1/163

Height: 5'8"

These past 17 years have been very difficult without you, but I think of you every single day. I know by all means you weren't perfect, but in my eyes you were the best daddy I could have ever asked for. You are my guardian angel and a reason for a lot that I do and for what I've accomplished in my life. I love you and miss you always. What I would give to spend one more day with you, but we will one day meet again. Happy Father's Day!
DrivenByAmbition is offline   Reply With Quote