General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 06-10-2012, 12:23 PM   #1  
ikramelmajdi

S/C/G: 250/214/158

Height: 5''8

Red face i need a company

hi

im new member and im struggling with losing weight alone im on weight watchers programm but the problem is all my friends r busy working or studying while im just staying at home take care of my son he is 1 year old and i go to the gym alone i walk alone i dont know what to do to find a company and do things together cause its better to b a team.. so any advice plz ^_^
ikramelmajdi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 04:15 PM   #2  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

What about joining a class at your gym? They often have ladies classes where you will have someone to work-out with. Ask them about it.

Plus, do you have a park or beach near by? Often "Stay-At-Home-Moms" frequent local parks or beaches becuz it's free -- and you can meet some there and start talking, and develop friendships.

Do you live in an apartment building? You can put up a notice in the laundryroom or foyer/mail box area to ask about other SAHM's.

You could also think about joining a club or class yourself; one where you would meet other ladies too. Also, don't forget "spiritual" affiliations-groups in your area as well. Hope this helps a bit ...
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 10:35 PM   #3  
ikramelmajdi

thank u so much for ur reply and i'll try to find a group ^_^
Old 06-11-2012, 12:30 AM   #4  
Every step is progress.

S/C/G: 297/221/175

Height: 5'11"

I can only speak for myself, but in my experience, when I relied/trusted on others to help back me in the process, I ended up not doing so hot.

3 coworkers and I joined a gym in 2009. My shift was over 30 minutes before theirs, so I'd get a jumpstart on my sweatin'. For 3 months, it was clockwork, but inevitably even though I went a half an hour earlier than they would, they began pooping out on me after 30 minutes of gym time. I can't operate that way. I usually do a 2 hour workout. I had lost 25 lbs, and within a a few months, I was the only one going to the gym. Due to health complications, I had to quit the gym.

In January of this year, I started working out again, my plan was 3-4 days a week. 2 of my friends started P90x around the same timeframe. I skipped going out after work, I'd go to the gym and sweat a few hours, come home, shower and go to bed. I started losing weight My P90x friends lost up to 30 lbs individually, she got pregnant and couldn't work out anymore, and he stopped doing the workouts and gained back his 30 lbs. 5 months later, I'm down almost 50 lbs, and still going to the gym on a regular basis by myself. She's still complaining about gaining weight, which I can understand, but hey, you're pregnant, you're limited, but not on bedrest. He's started and quit his workouts 3 more times.

I don't talk about losing weight around either of them anymore, but several co-workers saw me losing weight and have told me time and time again "I'm going to go with you to the gym on Tuesday", and they don't show. The gym is free at work and it's really nice.

I'm not saying having workout buddies is better than having them. I really wish I did have a buddy sometimes. Just make sure that if your buddy caves, that doesn't mean that you should feel obligated to cave.

I have no doubt that if I relied on gymbuddies, I would not have been as successful as I've been. My friends don't understand, as I still eat dessert sometimes, and I still go hangout with them at the bar Friday nights. I'm losing weight because I'm still workout out 4-5 days a week, and I do other exercises outside of the gym

I wish you luck You just have to keep telling yourself that you have the strength to keep truckin'. When I first started, a co-worker would help talk me into going to the gym, and I balked, but I went. After the first 2 weeks, it was second nature and they were asking me to skip the gym. I've done it sporadically, but never 2 nights in a row, and I allow myself 2 gym skips a month max.

Last edited by RandomPaige; 06-11-2012 at 12:32 AM.
RandomPaige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 01:44 AM   #5  
ikramelmajdi

wow thank u a lot for telling me ur experiance and i wish u luck too i went to the gym today but didnt feel lonely cause i've already told myself i have to this with or without someone especially im living a really hard situation people around me waiting for me to fail also lost just 1lbs last week cause i've cheated a lot but this week i hope i can lose more weight.. i really feel after what i read about ur weight loss i can do this alone..thankssssssssssss
Old 06-12-2012, 05:51 AM   #6  
Every step is progress.

S/C/G: 297/221/175

Height: 5'11"

Everyone here has their stories It just took me a really long time to learn that sometimes it's better to "go it alone".

It's tough at first, but it's like pushing a boulder, once you get it moving, it gets soo much easier to keep it moving. I have faith in you, you may find you have more strength than you originally thought
RandomPaige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 08:10 AM   #7  
ikramelmajdi

true..thank u so much randompaige ^_^