General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 05-06-2012, 05:46 PM   #1  
Sam-I-Am

S/C/G: 324/see ticker/170

Height: 5'8

Default question about weigh ins

i weigh myself every week, and i do it in the middle of the day, just after i eat lunch. i do this because i assume i will be at my heaviest around then, and i would rather know my higher weight than my lower weight during the day, so i dont get over excited if i see a 3 pound loss over night.

do you usually weigh in first thing in the morning? before you eat? im just curious and thinking maybe i should change it up

do you see a difference if you weigh in at different times? i dont keep a scale in my bathroom, to avoid checking 5 times a day
samcakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 05:51 PM   #2  
kon-fyoo-zed say it aloud

S/C/G: 300/Ticker/165

Height: 5'9"

Weighing in in the morning, after potty visit, is usually when people weigh in... it's got the lowest number, sure, but also the lowest number of variables. after lunch on any given day could give you an extra pound if you had a .5L bottle of water with lunch, more if you drink a lot during the day.

I weigh in the morning before breakfast, once a week.

Last edited by konfyoozed; 05-06-2012 at 05:52 PM.
konfyoozed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 06:19 PM   #3  
August 2013 restart

S/C/G: 248/229/139

Height: 5'2"

I agree with Mandy, definitely first thing in the morning right when I wake up, after using the bathroom. Like she said, Once food, drink comes into play there is too much room for variation.

Overall though I suppose it doesn't make too much difference, does it? If you're losing you're losing and it will reflect. It won't be 15 pounds back on just because you waited until lunch.. so whatever is working!

But I definitely like to know that lowest number each week as my 'official'.

Last edited by DaugT; 05-06-2012 at 06:20 PM.
DaugT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 06:22 PM   #4  
keep going

S/C/G: 176/ticker/140

Height: 5'6

In the morning after coffee and a glass of water. Oh and after the bathroom.. ahem
LeilaJey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 06:24 PM   #5  
Sam-I-Am

S/C/G: 324/see ticker/170

Height: 5'8

i still get a large loss every week, i weighed in this afternoon at -5 pounds from last week, and that was after a large smoothie for breakfast, a turkey burger and salad for lunch, and about 3 bottles of water.
samcakes is offline   Reply With Quote