Made a special cake this weekend for a friend

• I blogged about it in a HUGE post today here:

http://bumblingbuddingbaker.blogspot.com/

THey are so amazingly talented and I was so happy to make the day a bit more special for them by making the cake. As detailed in my blog - not much money in 'caking', but it sure does bring a lot of joy!
  • What a lovely cake. Thanks for posting. You are very talented. I also listened to the youtube clip and I agree what wonderful musicians. Your weight loss journey is also inspiring.
  • Love John Denver but that face cake was really creepy ! Yours however was very pretty and captured the feeling.
  • You are so talented! I love seeing pictures of your cakes (didn't you post a pic of a spaghetti cake once?).
  • Quote: What a lovely cake. Thanks for posting. You are very talented. I also listened to the youtube clip and I agree what wonderful musicians. Your weight loss journey is also inspiring.
    Triple thank you! It's a hobby I enjoy and thankfully, one my husband doesn't get fed up with as he sees how much joy it brings others. And he's even willing to give a helping hand on occasion. And yes, they are wonderful musicians.
  • Quote: Love John Denver but that face cake was really creepy ! Yours however was very pretty and captured the feeling.
    I know, a decapitated head? How would that ever be an appropriate cake? Yuck!
  • Quote: You are so talented! I love seeing pictures of your cakes (didn't you post a pic of a spaghetti cake once?).
    Ah, thank you and yes, I did a spaghetti cake recently. I'll be blogging about that one soon too. I ignored that blog forever and I'm trying to get back into it.
  • The cake looks wonderful, what a nice thing to do for a friend. I wish I was as talented as you, if that guitar would've come out of my hands, nobody could have possibly guessed what it was intended to be I just think I have two left hands, can't even do a proper drawing.
  • Amazing cake! I have a lot of respect for bakers. I'm rubbish at it, well I tried once and it tasted really good but it looked ridiculous.