First thing you do when you reach weight loss goal?

You're on Page 1 of 4
Go to
  • When I finally reach my goal, i think I'm going to go eat a whole pizza, feel disgusted and then remind myself why I lost weight in the first place!!

I think it's a fool-proof plan!
  • Sounds like a dangerous plan to me. After the pizza , what comes next ?
  • Yeah I'd have to agree with bargoo!

Why punish yourself like that? Have one slice and learn to enjoy things in moderation. If you can't, then find an alternative.
  • When I reach my final goal I will prob go shopping and buy a new pair of pants or jeans
  • I think I will probably go the shopping route too - maybe an outfit complete with shoes and accessories? Also, once I reach my weight goal I am going to seriously assess my fitness goals. Once I know what I finally look like, I will be able to work on the problem areas with more precision.
  • When I reach my goal I will cry. I know it.
  • I'm afraid I'm with the OP When I get to target I'm giving myself an evening off and then I'll stuff my face with all the things I've avoided for yonks. Then I'll probably feel awful the next day and get straight back to being healthy and stay there with just the occasional treat.

Then I'm going shopping for new clothes
  • Quote: When I finally reach my goal, i think I'm going to go eat a whole pizza, feel disgusted and then remind myself why I lost weight in the first place!!

I think it's a fool-proof plan!
    I've done this even before reaching goal, on cheat days, and it's not a good move. I ate both pizza and too much sugar on my last cheat day and paid for it dearly: severe migraine + vomiting and diarrhea. After weeks and weeks of treating my body well, I had a serious reaction to the sudden change in diet. It certainly reminded me why I'm in this for the long haul, and why going back to that way of life is not worth it. I feel so much better for eating less -- not sluggish and full and horrible all the time, like I don't want to move or do anything.
  • I don't want to reward myself with the same thing that got me in trouble in the first place. I think this is the biggest change for me....I need to stop seeing food as a "reward" or my "entertainment." I have for years. Food is meant to enjoy and fuel the body. I am trying...slowly...to change my thinking but it hasn't been easy.

I'm going to run a 5K or 10K (which is my goal). After the run, I'm going directly to an overnight spa for the works...complete body massage and A LONG pedicure (I LOVE PEDICURES). Oh yeah, I plan on doing all this on vacation with DH (possibly a cruise). After I finish my rest weekend, I'm going SHOPPING...Coach purse here I come. Whew....that felt good!!!
  • The first thing I'll do is buy new clothes, mine are too baggy now. I'll also have some fudge ice cream not the diet kind I've been having since I started my journey! The most important thing is to remember what made you over weight in the first place, and avoid walking that road again.
  • Quote: When I reach my goal I will cry. I know it.
    *HUGS* I think i will likely do the same.
  • I will probably cry, too. Then I'll do a happy dance. Or vice-versa.

I want to get my spider veins removed, get a massage, buy a pair of designer jeans and a swimsuit without a skirt bottom.

Then reassess if I want to change my goal.
  • A sexy photoshoot is what I'll be doing!
  • Put me in the "cry" group! I remember the last time I hit the 130's...cried even then!

As for goal: if I'm happy with the way everything looks, then I'll be going on a massive shopping spree. Might even spring for a personal shopper.
    And play really loud, happy music like "I'm Walking On Sunshine" while I create a big pile of all the clothes I want to donate.
  • What I did was to go on the mother of all shopping trips and I didn't have to buy one thing that was xlarge !!